Check In Time!
First Prev
of 301
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Jan 25, 2009
Anyone remember OO-POO-PEE-DOO on AM radio? It's check in time for your topix friends!(smiling) Memories of cruising Two Kiss, the OWL, the Sonic, the Pig Lot (Piggly Wiggly). Bring on the memories!

Since: Dec 08

Paris, TX

#2 Jan 25, 2009
I remember the wedding that happened at the sonic. I also remember watermelons getting busted all over one of the parking lots because a bunch of kids had spiked them and the cops pulled up. And Wooten running off anyone who was parked on Maribeau. Drag racing on the loop. Lots and lots of memories.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 25, 2009
Oh Yeah! Remember pasture parties? Givens Lake parties? Lamar point parties? Hippie Beach Parties?

Telling on myself. Huh?

Since: Dec 08

Paris, TX

#4 Jan 25, 2009
Remember the "Fun in the Sun" days at Pat Mays? Those were always fun.
tahw yas

Paris, TX

#5 Jan 25, 2009
another paris native wrote:
Remember the "Fun in the Sun" days at Pat Mays? Those were always fun.
Do you mean the parties that KTXU hosted? I went to one of those. Had a great time. Smelled funny out there though - I was only 14 and didn't know why it smelled that way.

Buddy B

“Politics are corrupt”

Location hidden

#6 Jan 25, 2009
tahw yas wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean the parties that KTXU hosted? I went to one of those. Had a great time. Smelled funny out there though - I was only 14 and didn't know why it smelled that way.
that was marijuana in the air
75486 guy

Paris, TX

#7 Jan 25, 2009
katladee wrote:
Anyone remember OO-POO-PEE-DOO on AM radio? It's check in time for your topix friends!(smiling) Memories of cruising Two Kiss, the OWL, the Sonic, the Pig Lot (Piggly Wiggly). Bring on the memories!
yes i do remember those where great times to bad we did not think so all you wanted to do was grow up.
75486 guy

Paris, TX

#8 Jan 25, 2009
Those wher great times ,to bad we did not know it while we where going thru them,if i knew then what i know now,and you thought it was just a stupid phrase.
Bob

Bailey, TX

#9 Jan 25, 2009
Cuising the Sonic and Bowling alley in your big block chevy. Drag racing and drive in movies. The Two Kiss, Mr Chicks and the other places that had car hops.The best time in life.

Location hidden

#10 Jan 25, 2009
i'd like to check in for Buddy B, Bob, nunya, Moon, Happy, lala, AT, Woobies, LIP, and Mr Man, and OO-POO-PEE-DOO and his big bad self, may he be looking down, smiling!

Buddy B

“Politics are corrupt”

Location hidden

#11 Jan 25, 2009
thank you Kat
Bob

Bailey, TX

#12 Jan 25, 2009
Hi Kat,
I'm checking in. It's 10:00 do you know where your kids are? haha Remember that.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 25, 2009
Bob wrote:
Hi Kat,
I'm checking in. It's 10:00 do you know where your kids are? haha Remember that.
YES I DO! haha, I don't have any kids!
Bob

Bailey, TX

#14 Jan 25, 2009
katladee wrote:
<quoted text>YES I DO! haha, I don't have any kids!
I have one but she is 35 and lives in Plano.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 25, 2009
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one but she is 35 and lives in Plano.
Then you are blessed. Do you have grand children yet?

Since: Nov 08

Paris, TX

#16 Jan 25, 2009
Hello Everyone !!!!

Hugo, OK

#17 Jan 25, 2009
Checking in....
New Thread huh....
Caught you!! LOL!!!
Hey who here remembers FIZZIES?????
Now we will see who the old timers are..........

Paris

#18 Jan 25, 2009
I think I might, but I'm not sure. Were they little tablets that you put in water and they fizzed like Alka-Seltzer but they were a soft drink?

“PEACE, brother”

Paris, TX

#19 Jan 25, 2009
Remember those wax candy "sodas" that you bit off the top and it had juice in it? Then you just chewed the wax like gum.

Paris

#20 Jan 25, 2009
do-you-get-it wrote:
Remember those wax candy "sodas" that you bit off the top and it had juice in it? Then you just chewed the wax like gum.
I remember those well. I also remember candy "cigarettes." Boy, that would cause a ruckus nowadays! We used to walk to the little store about a block from my house and take Coke bottles in and get money for the bottles to buy penny candy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 301
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just filed complaint against AT&T with FCC and BBB (Jan '11) 1 min mlgk710 102
Another Idea for Nikki 18 min Nikkis blue razor 52
McCullough Out at NL? 31 min 13percent 46
North Lamar Improvement comes one step at a time 37 min A NL teacher 67
North Lamar Transfers 3 hr cash 21
Congrats NL 3 hr Cajun 50
NL Administration/Transfers 3 hr Liza 1

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance