My dog ate rat poison

My dog ate rat poison

Posted in the Paris Forum

hA

Rockwall, TX

#2 Dec 26, 2012
Dog wrote:
I shut my dogs up in the garage last night because it was so cold. I had a tray of D-con stuck under a shelf that I had forgotten about. One (or both) dogs got the tray out and ate what was left of the poison. I don't know how much was left, which dog ate it, or how long ago it was eaten. I called one of the vets in town and they are closed today. I just fed them in hopes that it may help them eliminate it. They are medium side dogs...about 25 to 30 pounds. Any suggestions?
Lol I fed the neighbors dog a shit load and she acted like it was nothing, so they will be ok more than likely!
hA

Rockwall, TX

#3 Dec 26, 2012
Dog wrote:
I shut my dogs up in the garage last night because it was so cold. I had a tray of D-con stuck under a shelf that I had forgotten about. One (or both) dogs got the tray out and ate what was left of the poison. I don't know how much was left, which dog ate it, or how long ago it was eaten. I called one of the vets in town and they are closed today. I just fed them in hopes that it may help them eliminate it. They are medium side dogs...about 25 to 30 pounds. Any suggestions?
Years ago by the way...
well

Paris, TX

#4 Dec 26, 2012
Dog wrote:
I shut my dogs up in the garage last night because it was so cold. I had a tray of D-con stuck under a shelf that I had forgotten about. One (or both) dogs got the tray out and ate what was left of the poison. I don't know how much was left, which dog ate it, or how long ago it was eaten. I called one of the vets in town and they are closed today. I just fed them in hopes that it may help them eliminate it. They are medium side dogs...about 25 to 30 pounds. Any suggestions?
Go get some epicac syrup like they use to make little kids throw up at the drug store. I think if they aren't dead by now that they probably will live but who knows.
get a life

Atlanta, GA

#5 Dec 26, 2012
You should Google it....you'll get much better better answers from that than here! I did by the way...you really need to Google it ASAP it looked like...potentially pretty serious!
Dr House

Paris, TX

#6 Dec 26, 2012
Mine did the same thing a couple of years ago. Get them to Dr. House. Their size might be enough to fight off the poison but if not they will suffer.
BTW

Paris, TX

#7 Dec 26, 2012
I wasn't tying to infer that I was Dr. House. He is who we took our dog too and he did a wonderful job with him.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#8 Dec 26, 2012
Dog wrote:
I shut my dogs up in the garage last night because it was so cold. I had a tray of D-con stuck under a shelf that I had forgotten about. One (or both) dogs got the tray out and ate what was left of the poison. I don't know how much was left, which dog ate it, or how long ago it was eaten. I called one of the vets in town and they are closed today. I just fed them in hopes that it may help them eliminate it. They are medium side dogs...about 25 to 30 pounds. Any suggestions?
If you can get them to take the epicac, follow it up with some viscous charcoal. It will absorb what they do not throw up. Good luck to your little pets. Rat poison is a horrible death. They will have a hard time swallowing.
Bill

United States

#11 Dec 26, 2012
Read on the box. It will tell you what to do if a pet eats it. I will take about two days for the dog to react to eating the poison. Just saying....
that one guy

Nevada, TX

#12 Dec 27, 2012
I've had the same problem before, it didn't kill the dog just saved me money by killing all the worms it had, actually helped the dogs health. Hope all goes well.
great

Mustang, OK

#13 Dec 27, 2012
I hope they're ok. I had that happen and he was fine.
Interesting

Paris, TX

#14 Dec 27, 2012
Dog wrote:
I shut my dogs up in the garage last night because it was so cold. I had a tray of D-con stuck under a shelf that I had forgotten about. One (or both) dogs got the tray out and ate what was left of the poison. I don't know how much was left, which dog ate it, or how long ago it was eaten. I called one of the vets in town and they are closed today. I just fed them in hopes that it may help them eliminate it. They are medium side dogs...about 25 to 30 pounds. Any suggestions?
They need to see a vet! They probably need B12 shots.
Vet

Clarksville, TX

#15 Dec 28, 2012
Three table spoons of peroxide will fix the problem. The dog will throw up the rat poison in about 3 to 5 minutes. He will be fine.
Emma

Spokane, WA

#16 May 19, 2014
my dog has rat poision for 3 days know and the rat poision is supose to last for 5 days. All I'm doing is letting the dog do it on its own. Is that a smart thing to do?
cash

Blossom, TX

#17 May 19, 2014
took 2 wks to get the exwife
jus sayin

Paris, TX

#18 May 19, 2014
cash wrote:
took 2 wks to get the exwife


DOG GONE!
Spy Drown

United States

#19 May 20, 2014
Rat and mouse poison is just warfin a blood thinner. It makes the mouse die by bleeding to death and dehydrating as it replacing the stomach lining as all mammals do daily. This is why mice go looking for water. If you poison mice make sure your cats do not eat the dead mice. And if your cat should die make sure your dog doesn't eat your dead cat or any other varmint.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela Hilliard 4 min Greshum 3
Guilty Verdict 1 hr pattern developing 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Arjumand Hashmi as Mayor? (Nov '11) 1 hr c 95
TPN article on last nights Paris Council meetin... 2 hr Stevie Wonder 5
Dr. Hayes the dentist 3 hr blondie 1
Trump 4 hr no credit due to you 18
Should Fannin County Judge Laurine Blake be rem... (Apr '11) 4 hr Grisham 25
North Lamar Red Neck Parents! 4 hr Turner 11
NLISD Board President worst board member ever 12 hr angry taxpayer 6
McCullough Out at NL? 23 hr Joy 76

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages