I need to Buy a new pickup

I need to Buy a new pickup

Posted in the Paris Forum

Paris, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2012
I need to replace my 1988 Chevy 1500 pickup truck. It now has 301,000 miles and is getting tired. It has been a really good truck. I bought it new and had the transmission rebuilt once, two water pumps, an alternator, and several batteries. Otherwise, it has been trouble free. What and where do you recommend that I look for a new truck at? I am leaning towards another Chevy truthfully.

Paris, TX

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Buy another Chevy. I own a 2008 Z71 and it has 89,000 troublefree miles on it. You clearly had outstanding service from your old Chevy.

Clarksville, TX

#3 Oct 4, 2012
Craigslist, Ebay.
Duh me

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2012
Dodge half tons have an 8-speed auto in the 2013 lineup. This gives excellent performance and they are claiming over 20 mpg even behind the Hemi due to rpms being in peak range throughout the speed curve.

The Ford Ecoboost V6 dual-turbo should be one of the toughest engines on the market today in half-ton trucks. They come in a more limited number of truck packages, but worth a look.

Chevy continues to make a tough, reliable truck, and you will do well sticking with a brand you already have confidence in. I just believe you would do well to see what else is available now that was not available the last time you shopped for trucks.

Happy motoring!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 41 min Super_Chick_ 6,810
How do you prove you did not do something? (Jul '10) 4 hr Bo Knows 24
Another shooting just now 5 hr Not really 46
Wife cheated 5 hr OBI ONE 18
Toco pkg store robbed of thousands 6 hr Ughhhhh 1
speedy stop guy (Feb '13) 6 hr Ughhhhh 14
Today's Cuts 10 hr Ooops 10
Missing NLEF money 22 hr confucious say 58
More from around the web

Personal Finance