First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kev

Fort Worth, TX

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Am I the only one that thinks that Paris Code Enforcement is doing a terrible job. Paris looks like a junk yard. Junk in yards, cars on blocks, dilapidated homes , apartments and buildings.

Whats up with all the business and their metal buildings.

Paris has so much potential.
why

Paris, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that Paris Code Enforcement is doing a terrible job. Paris looks like a junk yard. Junk in yards, cars on blocks, dilapidated homes , apartments and buildings.
why does your location say ft worth if you live in paris?
Kev

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Just because it says I'm in Fort Worth doesn't mean I'm not in Paris. I can change my IP address if I want. If you have the know how you can too.
okay

Paris, TX

#4 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
Just because it says I'm in Fort Worth doesn't mean I'm not in Paris. I can change my IP address if I want. If you have the know how you can too.
how
Citizen

Paris, TX

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Code enforcement ignores many things, even when they are reported numerous times. Sometimes it is who the owner is, and some things they just don't care about.
Anonymous

Nacogdoches, TX

#6 Nov 26, 2012
I agree that Pairs does look trashy. All the run down houses and buildings falling down and empty. Why doesn't the city get their act together and clean up this town. It used to look so nice years ago until the city let it get like this. I know they could clean it up. Tear down the old junky empty houses and buildings. What good are they anyway? Get on the ball and start giving people fines that won't clean up their property and mow it and haul off the junk! This is ridiculous for such a nice pleace to go down the drain. I used to brag about my home town now i look at it and it's not the same and never will be again unless someone steps up and cares enough to make it nice and clean again.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
Agree.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
I agree that Pairs does look trashy. All the run down houses and buildings falling down and empty. Why doesn't the city get their act together and clean up this town. It used to look so nice years ago until the city let it get like this. I know they could clean it up. Tear down the old junky empty houses and buildings. What good are they anyway? Get on the ball and start giving people fines that won't clean up their property and mow it and haul off the junk! This is ridiculous for such a nice pleace to go down the drain. I used to brag about my home town now i look at it and it's not the same and never will be again unless someone steps up and cares enough to make it nice and clean again.
Well said.
neighbor

Paris, TX

#9 Nov 26, 2012
6Bid wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
Especially the E Houston St area. Been there lately?
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#10 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
Forget about your IP address....just change your address. Ft. Worth will work!

This is actually the first time I have agreed with you. You are 100% correct in the evaluation of Paris' aesthetics.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#11 Nov 26, 2012
The city is spending Hundreds of thousands of dollars tearing down old buildings right now! Josh Bray and the city are working to take down these old rat holes!
Kev

Fort Worth, TX

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Glad we can agree on something. What buildings are they going to tear down?
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#13 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
They have a huge list, and growing, of houses that are vacated and are now being torn down by the city. They are mostly small abandoned homes. Some of the larger businesses need to be torn down as well, I know.
dumbA$$

Rockwall, TX

#14 Nov 26, 2012
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Especially the E Houston St area. Been there lately?
SO YOUR TALKING ABOUT ONE FU@king house?? HOUSTON ST IS FINE AS LONG AS YOU KEEP YOUR NOSY ASS OFF OF IT.
citybusiness

Paris, TX

#15 Nov 26, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
The sad thing is that landowners/homeowners are not being held responsible for their problem. It should not be up to the city to tear down any home - it should be the homeowner. Fine the owner and if that doesn't work arrest them and put them in jail until the fine/cost for tearing down Their property is worked off. Make the homeowner assist with the teardown. Why should the city have to be out this expense? It's not city business to tear down old homes - it is the Homeowner. I agree the city is in sad shape but the issue should be handled differently. This is just another type of entitlement. The Sorry people think everything should be free to them. End the insanity now.
call em

Paris, TX

#16 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
What did they say when you reported all those violations?
call em

Paris, TX

#17 Nov 26, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Code enforcement ignores many things, even when they are reported numerous times. Sometimes it is who the owner is, and some things they just don't care about.
Give us an example of one you've reported numerous times that's not had some action taken. I know some of those folks, so maybe I can put in a word for you.
call em

Paris, TX

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Wal-flower wrote:
What did your councilman say when you called with your suggestions?
call em

Paris, TX

#19 Nov 26, 2012
Kev wrote:
They're tearing down houses all over Paris -- if you look at the newspaper, you'll see each month probably a couple of dozen on the list. You might have checked with them before you posted and let everybody know you don't know what you're talking about.
call em

Paris, TX

#20 Nov 26, 2012
citybusiness wrote:
<quoted text>
The sad thing is that landowners/homeowners are not being held responsible for their problem. It should not be up to the city to tear down any home - it should be the homeowner. Fine the owner and if that doesn't work arrest them and put them in jail until the fine/cost for tearing down Their property is worked off. Make the homeowner assist with the teardown. Why should the city have to be out this expense? It's not city business to tear down old homes - it is the Homeowner. I agree the city is in sad shape but the issue should be handled differently. This is just another type of entitlement. The Sorry people think everything should be free to them. End the insanity now.
That works if you can find the property owner -- many of these, they don't even know where they are. Many of them are tied up in estates and have multiple owners -- do you suggest putting the whole family in jail? The city does put a lien on the properties, so if they are ever sold, we get the money back. The city is in a no-win situation -- if they tear them down, they shouldn't be doing it -- if they don't tear them down, they should be doing it -- if they put the property owners in jail, I can just see the screaming fits and the letters to the editors and the diatribes on Topx.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 6,597
Medicaid drops income limit this yr 1 hr lol 8
Ronnie King 2 hr lol 2
To The Person Who Thinks They Are Sleeping With Me 7 hr ADS 6
Lesbians 10 hr Sara 1
Lesbians Getting Married 10 hr Sara 1
Paris - 9th Most Dangerous City in Texas 15 hr dallas2015 28
Hashmi opponent Thu Wise Voter 20
How much does anytime fitness cost per month?? (Oct '10) Jan 26 Contagious 350

Paris News Video