why cant they keep them clean??
INFOjunkie

Arlington, TX

#2 Jul 2, 2008
They don't have to. There is no competition. Sad =(

Since: Jun 08

Paris, Texas

#3 Jul 2, 2008
arent there standards they have to follow or something? can the health dept do anything? i dont even know who to complain to!
Romo Fan

Georgetown, TX

#4 Jul 2, 2008
Miss Momma wrote:
why cant they keep them clean??
I was visiting family this past Thanksgiving and had to take my 4 year old to the ER and I could NOT believe how dirty St Jo was(PRMC or whatever it is now). We use the Ft Hood Army hospital down here and you could eat off the floor. I just thought maybe it was just me and that I was used to an immaculate hospital but now I am seeing and hearing others say the same thing I saw. It is very sad. I remember when McCuistion and St Jo were descent hospitals.
not in medical care

Paris, TX

#5 Jul 2, 2008
Miss Momma wrote:
arent there standards they have to follow or something? can the health dept do anything? i dont even know who to complain to!
The name I recall hearing that governs hospitals is "joint commission". I think they have to do with medicare reimbursements.

Paris, Texas

#6 Jul 2, 2008
My grandmother was in St Jo before she passed. We took pictures of the room. In every corner of the room there were dead bugs (which we cleaned up) and it looked as if they hadnt mopped in months. Then last year I had to take my daughter to the ER. We were there for 13 hours waiting for test results. They put us in a room full of boxes. There was bloody gauze, paper towels and gloves all over the floor by the trash can....just nasty.
LocalObserver

Redmond, WA

#7 Jul 2, 2008
Miss Momma wrote:
My grandmother was in St Jo before she passed. We took pictures of the room. In every corner of the room there were dead bugs (which we cleaned up) and it looked as if they hadnt mopped in months. Then last year I had to take my daughter to the ER. We were there for 13 hours waiting for test results. They put us in a room full of boxes. There was bloody gauze, paper towels and gloves all over the floor by the trash can....just nasty.
...Welcome to health care in the big city of Paris.
been there too

Mckinney, TX

#8 Jul 2, 2008
Don't complain too much or they'll spend thousands trying to find out your name instead of fixing any of the problems.

Paris, Texas

#9 Jul 2, 2008
been there too wrote:
Don't complain too much or they'll spend thousands trying to find out your name instead of fixing any of the problems.
Trying to find MY name for telling the truth about the crappy hospital?
paris girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Jul 3, 2008
They have done a lot of upgrading @ PRMC. Looks good.
been there

Paris, TX

#11 Jul 12, 2008
I was in the hospital 2 years ago with surgery and my room was very dirty. Had black mold growing in the bathroom on the vanity, comode and shower. could not wait to get home before I caught something. I wrote a letter and got a reply, they were going to start redoing that floor soon. They should have closed it down or cleaned it up. Don't go there anymore for anything.
FactSeeker

Redmond, WA

#12 Jul 12, 2008
been there wrote:
I was in the hospital 2 years ago with surgery and my room was very dirty. Had black mold growing in the bathroom on the vanity, comode and shower. could not wait to get home before I caught something. I wrote a letter and got a reply, they were going to start redoing that floor soon. They should have closed it down or cleaned it up. Don't go there anymore for anything.
...Have heard from more than one source that there is an unusually high number of staph infections happening to patients while there.
Truthfully

Dodd City, TX

#13 Jul 12, 2008
paris girl wrote:
They have done a lot of upgrading @ PRMC. Looks good.
http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso...
Truthfully

Dodd City, TX

#14 Jul 12, 2008
Miss Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to find MY name for telling the truth about the crappy hospital?
http://theparisnews.com/story.lasso...
Truthfully

Dodd City, TX

#15 Jul 12, 2008
Did they ever find out who the 'blogger' was?
SAM

Paris, TX

#16 Jul 12, 2008
Truthfully wrote:
Did they ever find out who the 'blogger' was?
No and they won't.
Lacking

Dallas, TX

#17 Jul 12, 2008
Due to the no competition there is no motivation to do an outstanding job. Kind of like Office Space, why go the extra mile with really no need. I will say though, that the doctors at the South Campus are some of the most inconsiderate pricks around (maybe not all of them, but some), had a person go up there within her final days of her condition and the doctor who saw her didnt even bother to lower his voice when he demeaned the concerned friends for bring her up there.

If you want care and consideration, Salas Minor Emergency.
caught something

Paris, TX

#18 Jul 12, 2008
I had a baby at the Womens pavillion last fall. All the staff was extremely caring and helpful, but as everyone else is saying, my room was nasty. I had 2 dead roaches under my bed. I asked for it to at least be swept out. The same night I was discharged I broke out with a rash. I called my gyno, and after steroids and antibiotics I finally got rid of it. It itched like the dickens. He never told me what I had, but I know I caught it from the hospital. Once again, I loved the entire staff, they did everything to make my stay pleasant, I just had a nasty room.
Mama Mia

Paris, TX

#19 Jul 12, 2008
On another subject. On 8-1-08 I understand CEO is stopping all smoking on th outside grounds also. I am a non smoker but I feel that the outside smoking should be allowed as a free will to the smokers. Worry more about cleaning the inside instead of the outside smoker places.
please

United States

#20 Jul 12, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Bill Harris.. Don't know the law!!!! (Apr '12) 14 min wallabo 103
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 24 min stupid people 22,729
Protesters at police station 25 min confused 3
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr stupid people 18,749
trick or treating 2014 1 hr Jack 2
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 689
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 1 hr Gasman 379
Shoot out in Blossom 2 hr Anonymous 76
pickle needs to resign 4 hr Junge 19
Abbott received $1mil from Paris PEDC 6 hr Name goes here 28
Paris PD cause over $2000 in damage during sear... 6 hr washington redskins 42
PEDC Investigation 20 hr Weidling 225

Paris News Video

Paris Jobs

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE