ted cruz; is he really that stupid
First Prev
of 43
Next Last
Sunrise

United States

#859 Nov 10, 2013
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Did you understand what this link said? It says that people of Texas do indeed have access to property insurance. Much like the state health insurance pool, if a person cannot find property insurance through a private company they can get their property insurance through the state pool which proves your statement about coastal people not having access to property insurance to be untrue.
Now find us a link about Texas having a fund that pays for damages that private coastal citizens incur from storm damage. You said that on one of the last major storms that fund was depleted and some of the damage did not get covered.
In case you don't understand about the state pool, it is made up of private insurance companies that have agreed to sell insurance through the pool, much the same as the state health insurance pool, medicare (a federal program) and obamacare (a federal program). In these pools, the state or federal government dictates price, rules, etc.
hayseed

Blossom, TX

#860 Nov 10, 2013
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Did you understand what this link said? It says that people of Texas do indeed have access to property insurance. Much like the state health insurance pool, if a person cannot find property insurance through a private company they can get their property insurance through the state pool which proves your statement about coastal people not having access to property insurance to be untrue.
Now find us a link about Texas having a fund that pays for damages that private coastal citizens incur from storm damage. You said that on one of the last major storms that fund was depleted and some of the damage did not get covered.
Be nice. It's not fair to confront a liberal with truth.
jeff

Paris, TX

#861 Nov 10, 2013
hayseed wrote:
<quoted text>
Be nice. It's not fair to confront a liberal with truth.
http://www.ktre.com/story/9214775/texas-disas...

I was talking about the Texas Disaster Relief Fund. It ran out before Galveston was fixed. The Insurance pool insurance is just like any other pool insurance for high risk things, not very good. Aint it funny how ol Good hair suddenly went Socialist when Texas needed FEMA help. Now, since y'all hurt my feelings so much, my liberal ass is gonna go take a nap.
Old Vet

Haslet, TX

#862 Nov 11, 2013
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>I won't spend my time trying to find a link to back up your incorrect information. It is sad that you put incorrect information on this forum and there are people that believe it. There is another thread on this forum that addresses low-information voters. It would benefit you to read that thread and the link associated with it.
I think it's time to ignore some of the posters on topix. No mater how you show facts and proof their mind is closed and they will never acknowledge that they are wrong nor admit it. Typical "yellow dog dem's"
Sunrise

United States

#863 Nov 11, 2013
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ktre.com/story/9214775/texas-disas...
I was talking about the Texas Disaster Relief Fund. It ran out before Galveston was fixed. The Insurance pool insurance is just like any other pool insurance for high risk things, not very good. Aint it funny how ol Good hair suddenly went Socialist when Texas needed FEMA help. Now, since y'all hurt my feelings so much, my liberal ass is gonna go take a nap.
You said, "the State of Texas has a fund to cover the costal people, due to they cant get insurance. The last time Galveston got torn up, the fund ran out before all the damage was repaired, there is still torn up buildings there." FEMA stand for FEDERAL Emergency Management Agency and is a federal program not a state program. Your link was interesting but had nothing to do with "covering coastal people due to they can't get insurance." It addressed emergency shelter, food, etc. and general expenses of getting public areas cleaned and restored. I still say you are incorrect to state that Texas will step in and cover coastal people that can't or WON'T get property insurance.
jeff

Paris, TX

#864 Nov 11, 2013
Of course you are correct. Sorry I misled you. I stand corrected. Excuse me. Im sorry. You are right and I am wrong. Ted Cruz is still an idiot.
Sunrise

United States

#865 Nov 11, 2013
jeff wrote:
Of course you are correct. Sorry I misled you. I stand corrected. Excuse me. Im sorry. You are right and I am wrong. Ted Cruz is still an idiot.
Dang! I didn't mean to cause you to have a melt down. Go take a nap. Tomorrow is a new day.
jeff

Paris, TX

#866 Nov 11, 2013
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Dang! I didn't mean to cause you to have a melt down. Go take a nap. Tomorrow is a new day.
Excellent suggestion! Until tomorrow my conservative friend.
heartandmind

Europe

#867 Nov 11, 2013
Sunrise wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean can I provide a link? I did some checking but did not dig too deep into it. I did find many insurance companies offering property insurance in coastal areas. I do think you are incorrect when you say that coastal people cannot get property insurance.
I haven't checked on the "fund" that Texas has for those people on the coast that have a catastrophe. I would like to know where Texas gets the money for this fund and why they select one area of the state to help and neglect all other areas. I need you to show us a link to verify this information. You are the one that made the statement and I don't believe it until you can show me that it is true.
you probably won't find a texas fund - there's a national one, though.
see below :

http://www.tdi.texas.gov/pubs/consumer/cb025....

"Flood Insurance

Homeowners policies don’t cover flood damage. To protect yourself from losses caused by most flooding, you may buy a separate flood insurance policy from the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) runs NFIP. If your property is in a special flood hazard area, your lender will require you to have flood insurance. A special flood hazard area has a 1 percent chance of being flooded in any given year.

Local insurance agents sell NFIP flood policies and can tell you about the program in your area. For more information, call NFIP

1-800-427-4661
www.FloodSmart.gov
TWIA flood insurance requirement.
Some Gulf Coast residents must buy flood insurance to be eligible for a TWIA policy. The requirement applies to you if you constructed, altered, remodeled, or enlarged your property (to the extent that a certificate of compliance is required) on or after September 1, 2009 any part of your property is in flood zones V, VE, or V1-V30 as defined by NFIP flood coverage is available from NFIP.
Property repairs are excluded from the requirement. Repair is defined as the reconstruction or restoration of a structure that is damaged or deteriorated.

To view flood maps, visit FEMA’s website at www.FloodSmart.gov .

Review the Homeowners, Flood, and Windstorm Policies Comparison to see the differences between homeowners, flood, and wind and hail insurance."
Old Vet

Haslet, TX

#868 Nov 12, 2013
jeff wrote:
Of course you are correct. Sorry I misled you. I stand corrected. Excuse me. Im sorry. You are right and I am wrong. Ted Cruz is still an idiot.
Holy shit, run for your lives, the sky is falling!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 43
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Exciting 10 min Just playin 1
Most Hated Man in Texas 1 hr George Washington 12
Is the house for sale or not? 2 hr Vermilion 10
Donald Trump 2 hr George Washington 20
Happy Days are Here Again! 5 hr Senior 2
Skipper and David to be removed from the hyster... 10 hr Question 17
24th and Cleveland on Sunday 22 hr you know what you... 26
10 Things You Like, 10 Things You Dislike (Jun '08) 23 hr Evbbhubibuhub ygt f 184
Judge Judy Dead at 68 (Aug '09) Dec 4 good grief 38

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages