Need opinions on which gymastic place...

Need opinions on which gymastic place in Paris is the best

Posted in the Paris Forum

mom

Arlington, TX

#1 Jan 1, 2013
Not lookin for any BS answers or slams on either place. My 6 year old daughter is wanting to take gymnastics and I honestly have not heard good nor bad of either gynastic place. Looking for some responses from people who have had experences from either place.
Thanks and please keep it civil. I know there are some good, normal people who get on topix.
Gymnast mom

Dallas, TX

#2 Jan 1, 2013
My daughters go to powerhouse. We have been going for almost 5 yes now and they love it. I know Texas tumbling is good also nut that's all they teach is tumbling if you want all the gymnastics like bars beams trampoline and floor then go to powerhouse if you want just tumbling go to Texas tumbling! Hope this helps
inside scoop

Paris, TX

#3 Jan 1, 2013
I'd go to Texas tumbling. Their coaches are all trained very well, some are even gymnast theirselves! Lisa Gandy was once a gymnast so she knows what she's talking about. Lisa and her husband, Bill are both physical therapist so if your child gets hurt they know a little more about that kind of stuff. Their daughter Sarah was a world champion gymnast in 07 I believe. Good luck in your search!
Gym mom

Mckinney, TX

#4 Jan 2, 2013
My advice is to call both places and ask to arrange a trial class. Go to both places and check out classes that your daughter might attend. Look at what is going on during the class times. You should ask about cost per month, making up a class if you have to miss either for holiday or illness, registration costs, and other costs involved. Look at what type of gymnastics they teach. PowerHouse has artistic gymnastics (vault, bars, beam, and floor). They also have trampolines. Texas Tumbling teaches trampoline and tumbling. Not saying one is better that the other, but they are different. Then, make a decision about what will work best for your family.

I do know that Kim at PowerHouse was a gymnast (TWU team) and started Sara Gandy out as a gymnast. My 4 kids were all involved with PowerHouse for more than 10 years. Good Luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Schlotzky's vs. Which Wich 1 hr CaptainTasty 12
News Controversy in the courtroom: East Texas judge ... 1 hr Guntoter 138
Kids Nowadays Don't Know Classic Cartoons 2 hr Wonderful Wonderf... 5
Respect 2 hr Nothing but Blue ... 32
TED CRUZ the POS 3 hr Trump 2016 17
Why Hillary Will Beat Trump 4 hr The Purge Has Begun 26
Why Did It Take Ted Cruz So Long to Finally Giv... 4 hr The Purge Has Begun 9
nl tax going up! 5 hr JAD 49
More from around the web

Personal Finance