Applebee's or Chili's.....pros & cons

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SecretShopper

Cumby, TX

#1 Jun 12, 2008
I love the food at both places but I think Applebee's prices make more since to my pocketbook. Would like to know some good things about Chili's and maybe some entrees that are worth the money.
Detroit

Paris, TX

#2 Jun 12, 2008
If you knew the truth about Applebee's food you wouldn't think it was so good... Can you say "Frozen Food".
Aps

Paris, TX

#3 Jun 12, 2008
I will have to go with Applebee's due to poor service experiences at Chili's in the past.
lmao

Arlington, TX

#4 Jun 12, 2008
SecretShopper wrote:
I love the food at both places but I think Applebee's prices make more since to my pocketbook. Would like to know some good things about Chili's and maybe some entrees that are worth the money.
the prices do seem better at applebee's. i do love chili's chicken crispers with honey mustard though. some items there are better than applebee's and some not. i have gotten pretty bad service at chili's quite a few times.
my opinion

Paris, TX

#5 Jun 12, 2008
My opinion is that Applebees is better, and the service seems to be better most of the time. Their hosts open the door for you and always greet me with a smile. The food is good too. Chilis has good food too but their hosts aren't as friendly and the rest of the staff isn't really all that friendly either, but they do have a larger selection on their menu.
light

Dallas, TX

#6 Jun 12, 2008
I think both are too expensive. However, I just don't like to pay alot to eat. I do like the food at both places, but just eat there for "special" times. Certainly not a every week or weekend thing.
Hello

Paris, TX

#7 Jun 12, 2008
Hey though....if you are looking for single old drunk men....go to applebees girls. they sit in the same seat each time so you cannot get them confused if you go in drunk. plus, they all have "loads of money." Chili's has more variety. In the food topic.
Paris Guy

Arlington, TX

#8 Jun 12, 2008
Both pretty bad. Service at Applebee's is very poor although it has the better food between the two. I won't go to either one.
parasite

Paris, TX

#9 Jun 12, 2008
I've worked at chili's for a year and can't get hired at applebees for one reason or another. Chilis is stressful and often times the service is crappy bc everyone is doing there own thing ..no teamwork. The drinks are too expensive and over rated and the food is okay. Applebees is layed back, friendly, and the beer is cheaper at applebees. Eh..the food is better too.....
Ex-Parisite

Dallas, TX

#10 Jun 12, 2008
light wrote:
I think both are too expensive. However, I just don't like to pay alot to eat. I do like the food at both places, but just eat there for "special" times. Certainly not a every week or weekend thing.
You go to applebees for "special times" bahahah! Like Rickey Bobby???? That is hilarious yet sad
Anonymous

Dallas, TX

#11 Jun 12, 2008
I got food poisoning at Applebee's. Wont be back.
can microwave at home

Paris, TX

#12 Jun 12, 2008
I once asked for some meat to be cooked a little longer at Applebee's and they said that they couldn' b/c it had been cooked in the microwave. The server said that the only thing that is actual cooked on a grill is the burgers. That was when they first opened. I don't know if it is better; I don't go there.
just my opinion

United States

#13 Jun 13, 2008
I don't care for all the 'steamed' vegetables at Applebees. IMO Chili's is better.
Reno Citizen

Paris, TX

#14 Jun 13, 2008
All chain restaurants like this are the same. The food is pre-seasoned, pre-packaged, etc. Some of it's pre-cooked. All the place does is heat it up (using grill, oven, microwave, whatever.) I used to work at Red Lobster and it's the same way.(except for the fresh fish)

I like Applebee's for smaller groups and Chili's for larger groups. The logistics work better.
Detroit

Paris, TX

#15 Jun 13, 2008
Anybody else get food poisoning at Applebee"s??? As for the "steamed vegetables", they are first steamed then frozen and then reheated in the microwave... I've been told that chili's food for the mostpart is prepared on site.
okokok

Glen Rose, TX

#16 Jun 13, 2008
no food poisoning at applebees. My husband and I got camphorbacter from one of those rotisserie chickens at Wal-mart. BAD FOOD POISONING!!

Chilis has some items like lettuce wraps that are yummy and different. Applebees has the best hot wings and beer tho. Zeigenbock on tap!!
Anonymous75411

Paris, TX

#17 Jun 13, 2008
Did you see the piece on the news yesterday about the lemons and other garnishes? Of course, it wasn't our local Chili's and Applebee's, but they took lemon wedges they had been served from 2 Chili's and 2 Applebee's and one other chain (I forget which one).

The ones from Chili's had only minute amounts of bacteria common to fruits and vegetables -- nothing to worry about. The ones from Applebee's tested positive for fecal matter. Definitely enough to make someone sick, the expert said. The undercover cameras caught the servers picking up handfuls of the lemons with no gloves. The recommendation -- if you want lemon, just squeeze the juice into your drink. Don't put the whole wedge in. One chain said they always serve theirs on an hors 'doeuvre spear. That way, the server never touches it.
Kris

Paris, TX

#18 Jun 13, 2008
I like Applebee's. Chili's seems to be more expensive and I can't ever find things that I like there. Plus the service at Applebee's is usually VERY good! Occasionally you get a bad server, but everybody is entitled to a bad day!
my opinion

Paris, TX

#19 Jun 13, 2008
I've never gotten food poisoning at applebees...their food is always good to me. I do know some of the servers rather well and they've never said the food is microwaved, and the mashed potatoes aren't powder. They said the veggies are just microwaved in little baggies to steam it, its never frozen it all comes to them fresh. I've always liked their food! They also have weight watchers on their menu which is a big plus!
reader

Detroit, MI

#20 Jun 13, 2008
Well I won't go to Applebee's one sunday I went there and wanted to sit at the bar and eat. Being sunday they were pandering to the church people and you are not allowed to smoke anywhere in the bldg. but only on sundays. This is dumb why not do it everyday.
I won't be back to Applebee's,
Chili's rules Carolina ribs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tel Pitcock for precent 2 JP 1 hr Really 1
Lets see how many times a day 6 hr Grisham 389
No Money for Ali (Jan '17) 14 hr Grisham 49
Wreck this past Sunday 17 hr Friend 2
4-Word Game (Oct '09) Thu whatimeisit 5,661
Poll How bad does Texas Tech Suck? (May '11) Thu Sports fan 15
Women Thieves Wed Punkd 1

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance