What kind of person steals from his own family?

Posted in the Paris Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Mar 13, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Get this

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

A thief is a thief, no matter what, but stealing from your own family? Lowdown scumbag!
Crandell

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

Drug addicts are the most notorious for this kind of atrocious criminal act!

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

I'd be willing to bet this lowdown scumbag has a drug problem or is just a plain ole pos.

And I'm sure there's a story to all this.
Get this

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

Crandell wrote:
Drug addicts are the most notorious for this kind of atrocious criminal act!
You are right in that they figure if they get caught, their own family surely wouldn't call the cops! Many times, they don't.
Get this

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

DazzleDat wrote:
I'd be willing to bet this lowdown scumbag has a drug problem or is just a plain ole pos.
And I'm sure there's a story to all this.
Yeah, he's a pothead and a POS to boot.
Pink Flower

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

I know someone that stole from her family. She is not a trust worthy person. Even stole from me.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2010

Judged:

Get this wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's a pothead and a POS to boot.
A pothead does not usually steal from their family to support their marijuana habit. He's GOT to be on something harder or he's just a plain ole pos
november

Texarkana, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

a speed addict
what and who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

parent's who don't report their kids are just enablers. And kids will not respect them as much as the ones who let them hit rock bottom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2010

Judged:

what and who wrote:
parent's who don't report their kids are just enablers. And kids will not respect them as much as the ones who let them hit rock bottom
I honestly think that a lot of parents realize that rock bottom can be death and they don't want to loose their children that way. They don't realize they are enabling their kids- they're too worried about attending a child's funeral.
Get this

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly think that a lot of parents realize that rock bottom can be death and they don't want to loose their children that way. They don't realize they are enabling their kids- they're too worried about attending a child's funeral.
I absolutely agree with you! It's a real fear!

Since: Dec 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately too often whether enabling or letting hit rock bottom, a funeral becomes reality. An alternate scenerio may be a lifetime as a vegetable.
Get this

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Frequent Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately too often whether enabling or letting hit rock bottom, a funeral becomes reality. An alternate scenerio may be a lifetime as a vegetable.
Maybe GUILT comes into play. It could be that some people do nothing and that somehow relieves them of any guilt if things go bad. They may not be able to handle the consequences of DOING something and then it be the wrong thing. Personally, I'd take a chance at DOING something rather than sitting by saying that there's nothing that can be done.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

Judged:

Frequent Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I've heard of and know of several people that beat their drug addictions to become productive members of society and even giving back to society in the forms of ministry, drug counseling, and working with the impoverished. That doesnít necessarily mean that all drug addicts can overcome their addiction, but letís not count the whole bunch as goners either.

Since: Dec 08

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2010

DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to respectfully disagree with you. I've heard of and know of several people that beat their drug addictions to become productive members of society and even giving back to society in the forms of ministry, drug counseling, and working with the impoverished. That doesnít necessarily mean that all drug addicts can overcome their addiction, but letís not count the whole bunch as goners either.
I agree that some may be able to turn their lives around.
fyi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2010

Judged:

My son stole from me, then he sat in state jail for a year when i filed on him. He was an addict, but seems to have turned things around now. Is attending tech school.
Southern White Girl

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

What do you do when your own family accuses you of stealing their stuff, has a warrant made and has you arrested. What if your own family knows this never ever happened. What if they come and arrest you (a woman) They send five male cops and those cops do not let you get dressed. What if none of the "stolen" stuff is found. What is you are falsely arrested, taken to jail naked, and then the police can not find your car keys or cell phone when you are releases. What if the search warrant says one thing one day and another the next. What if they arrest you for drugs, then drug test you and you pass the drug test with flying colors. What if they really just want to take something that is yours and you don't want them to have it. Is that stealing? What if your family is the County Judge?
mamarose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

My daughter that's 27 stoled every piece of jewelry from her grandmother. I want my mother to press charges but, she'll not press charges. I've stopped talking to my daughter that's a thief and I've changed my will. I feel horrible that my daughter has stoled my mother. However, my daughter has no signs of remorse and continues to live her lfe like nothing has happened. How does someone continue their life after hurting the ones that one you the most. Maybe, I'm not the perfect mother but, I did not raise my daughter to be a thief, liar or drug addict!
parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

Often Parents who let their grown children live with them and ask for nothing are letting them spend their income on drugs. Some want even ask for housework help. Giving these young people a faulse sence of entitlement. One mother said she only slept well when her daughter was in jail, because she feared they would find her in the ditch dead some day. I think a lot of it starts with eliminating friends of theirs who's parents are doing the same thing or you know are using drugs or substances. Sometimes by acting interested in their suspecious friends you can actually run them away. They don't want you to know their business or their friends. If they do get on probation or not suggest A/A or narcotics help support groups. Engage the help of a professional who might see what a family member doesn't. Hard Luck Love goes a long way.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

mamarose wrote:
My daughter that's 27 stoled every piece of jewelry from her grandmother. I want my mother to press charges but, she'll not press charges. I've stopped talking to my daughter that's a thief and I've changed my will. I feel horrible that my daughter has stoled my mother. However, my daughter has no signs of remorse and continues to live her lfe like nothing has happened. How does someone continue their life after hurting the ones that one you the most. Maybe, I'm not the perfect mother but, I did not raise my daughter to be a thief, liar or drug addict!
Many grandparents or parents won't press charges. Unfortunately, by suffering no consequences for their actions, they are being enabled and encouraged to commit future bad behaviors.

Addiction to drugs and/or alcohol takes over a person's identity. They have no control over what they do, and some will take advantage of those that love them the most. Some don't.

Al-Anon is a wonderful program for people that have been affected by someone's drinking. Many drug addicts also have a drinking problem. Al-Anon teaches setting boundaries, detaching with love, taking care of yourself, and most last but not least, not living with the "what ifs." Not worrying constantly about "what ifs" free a person from much anxiety.

The 3 C's:

1) I didn't cause it.
2) I can't control it.
3) I can't cure it.

Al-Anon is no longer available in Paris, but there are groups in Bonham and Sherman. If travel is not possible, there is a lot of great literature available, along with on-line groups. The combination of an on-line group, along with reading and learning from the literature, is a proven way to improve your life, as many people don't have face-to-face programs available in their area, or their schedule does not allow them to attend.

It is a powerful program that works if you work it.

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Lancaster has the dirt on PEDC 1 min Bob 77
see above 34 min Just asking 5
Beggars for surrogate babies and mission trips 1 hr Will 13
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Defiant1 17,031
Pakistan calls for ďIslamic armyĒ to fight Israel 4 hr Pork Eating Crusader 2
Family Restaurant on 271 in Powderly for Sale 4 hr Huh 3
Danny Jones of Paris TX 4 hr Yep 2
Using GoFundMe, SHAME ON YOU! 8 hr WhyNot 28
Known Milfs in paris 8 hr meatloaf 8
aikin changes 10 hr Panther power 5
Malone and the parade 11 hr lol 164
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••