Turner Has Plenty of Skeletons

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Inthe know

Paris, TX

#1 Sep 8, 2008
David Turner has lots of skeletons in his closet which may or may not be exposed between now and the election. That's why I stick by my belief that we, in the 6th District are SOL, regardless of the outcome. Mr. Turner is infamous for the 'parties' that he used to host, some years back. They included heavy drinking, free-flowing drugs and lots of available, kinky sex. Those of you from Fannin County know that this is a fact. Turner is a brain-damaged, hypocrite who seeks to portray himself and his family as a 'holier than thou' example of virtue. Mr. Turner, are you sure you aren't a republican?
forty something

Blossom, TX

#2 Sep 8, 2008
OMG! Wait until Weird and Frank read this....then its gonna start all over again. I for one am really tired of this subject!!
Who cares People change

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2008
What either candidate has done with their personal life is not really an issue now. People mature. Or they can become a Christan and change their ways. I want the one who has the regions best interest as a top priority, regardless of past history. That's how I'll cast my vote...for the future, not the past.
forty something

Blossom, TX

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Inthe know wrote:
David Turner has lots of skeletons in his closet which may or may not be exposed between now and the election. That's why I stick by my belief that we, in the 6th District are SOL, regardless of the outcome. Mr. Turner is infamous for the 'parties' that he used to host, some years back. They included heavy drinking, free-flowing drugs and lots of available, kinky sex. Those of you from Fannin County know that this is a fact. Turner is a brain-damaged, hypocrite who seeks to portray himself and his family as a 'holier than thou' example of virtue. Mr. Turner, are you sure you aren't a republican?
People keep saying this about Turner on here however they never seem to reveal anything but threats to.....which to me means there must not be anything or else they would tell us about it.
Frank

Paris, TX

#5 Sep 8, 2008
You are not "in the know." Mr. and Mrs. Turner did entertain at their home in Fannin County, hosting large parties for the public servants -- including police officers, fire-fighters and emergency service people. The party came to be known as the annual "Cop Party." The Turners wanted to show their appreciation to the public servants by giving them a "night out" every summer. Since Mrs. Turner is a Paris native, many people from Lamar County also were invited and attended, including her parents and other relatives.

It is true that margaritas and beer were served. There were no "free flowing drugs" nor "lots of available kinky sex." That is an absolute fabrication.

One party in particular that I remember that the Turners gave at their home was in honor of William Wayne Justice, the well-known Federal Judge who at that time was in Tyler. He held court in Paris twice a year and the Turners opened their home to him, his wife and his staff. Attorneys and people in the legal field from all over North Texas attended.

Christmas parties were also hosted by the Turners for many years and several political parties were given for candidates running for office. I attended one for Jim Lovett when he was running for 6th District Judge, David Cain, who was running for State Senator and one for Mark Homer when Fannin County was in his district.

Telling out and out lies will garner no votes for Mr. Clifford and only makes people like you look foolish.
Sour Grapes

Paris, TX

#6 Sep 8, 2008
Inthe know wrote:
I think your just jealous because you didn't get invited to their parties, loser.
Inthe know

Paris, TX

#7 Sep 8, 2008
Now look Frank/Susan. Were you guys really foolish enough to think that, not one of us that was there, would come forward? It is amazing to me that it hasn't happened before. And all of your protests and all of your pontificating about the nobility of your 'parties' is going to change the reality of what happened in those days and you know it. I could forgive the past sins of both Turner and Clifford, but that has to follow an honest acknowledgement of the truth, and to my knowledge, that hasn't happened in either case. Turner was/is a boozer and if he has slowed down it is only because he 1) hit rock bottom and had to, or 2) got too friggin' old to keep doing it. But for him, and you to set yourselves up as some sterling example of judicial moderation is--on its face--laughable. The truth will eventually prevail.
people arent stupid

Blossom, TX

#8 Sep 8, 2008
Frank wrote:
You are not "in the know." Mr. and Mrs. Turner did entertain at their home in Fannin County, hosting large parties for the public servants -- including police officers, fire-fighters and emergency service people. The party came to be known as the annual "Cop Party." The Turners wanted to show their appreciation to the public servants by giving them a "night out" every summer. Since Mrs. Turner is a Paris native, many people from Lamar County also were invited and attended, including her parents and other relatives.
It is true that margaritas and beer were served. There were no "free flowing drugs" nor "lots of available kinky sex." That is an absolute fabrication.
One party in particular that I remember that the Turners gave at their home was in honor of William Wayne Justice, the well-known Federal Judge who at that time was in Tyler. He held court in Paris twice a year and the Turners opened their home to him, his wife and his staff. Attorneys and people in the legal field from all over North Texas attended.
Christmas parties were also hosted by the Turners for many years and several political parties were given for candidates running for office. I attended one for Jim Lovett when he was running for 6th District Judge, David Cain, who was running for State Senator and one for Mark Homer when Fannin County was in his district.
Telling out and out lies will garner no votes for Mr. Clifford and only makes people like you look foolish.
Frank knows all this because this is SUSAN FLANARY TURNER. Susan you succeeded in getting Cliffords skeletons on the front page of the paper now find another hobby besides topix. You are boring alot of people!! You know if your husband is so qualified why stoop to dirty politics and using an alias on TOPIX.hmmmmm?? DO NOT TRY AND SAY THIS IS NOT YOU SUSAN !!
Inthe know

Paris, TX

#9 Sep 8, 2008
PS, Mrs. Turner. You might be more interested in what happened at the parties at which you were not present than the ones you mentioned in your lengthy post above. You were no where around at the ones I attended. Why don't you wake up and smell the coffee about your 'noble' husband.
Frank

Paris, TX

#10 Sep 8, 2008
Inthe know wrote:
Now look Frank/Susan. Were you guys really foolish enough to think that, not one of us that was there, would come forward? It is amazing to me that it hasn't happened before. And all of your protests and all of your pontificating about the nobility of your 'parties' is going to change the reality of what happened in those days and you know it. I could forgive the past sins of both Turner and Clifford, but that has to follow an honest acknowledgement of the truth, and to my knowledge, that hasn't happened in either case. Turner was/is a boozer and if he has slowed down it is only because he 1) hit rock bottom and had to, or 2) got too friggin' old to keep doing it. But for him, and you to set yourselves up as some sterling example of judicial moderation is--on its face--laughable. The truth will eventually prevail.
No, sir, the Turners will have the last laugh. Many people worked very hard to help the Turners entertain the people of Fannin and Lamar County at those very nice parties at their home. A lot of time and expense went into the entertaining that was done and everyone had a good time and appreciated their hospitality. This did not include the sordid activities you have fabricated here.

Dave Turner was a social drinker in his younger years and has not had a drink of alcohol in many, many years. This has all been raked over the coals in the primary and runoff elections and has not been disproven.

I realize that there will be disgruntled clients, legal adversaries and envious people who will seek to discredit a judicial candidate. That is politics. However, do it with facts, not rumor and innuendo. And bald-faced lies are not going to get you anywhere.

You are correct in one and only one thing you stated. "The truth will eventually prevail."
Inthe know

Paris, TX

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Susan/Frank, do you deny that David Turner has had a drinking problem and was ,in fact,more than a 'social drinker'? Please remember, you are under honorary oath.
Weird

Paris, TX

#12 Sep 8, 2008
people arent stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank knows all this because this is SUSAN FLANARY TURNER. Susan you succeeded in getting Cliffords skeletons on the front page of the paper now find another hobby besides topix. You are boring alot of people!! You know if your husband is so qualified why stoop to dirty politics and using an alias on TOPIX.hmmmmm?? DO NOT TRY AND SAY THIS IS NOT YOU SUSAN !!
If you are so bored, why do you keep coming on here trying to convince people who is posting? If you are so bored, go do something else. You are enjoying this more than anyone and you know it.

I would suggest you call Mary Madewell at the Paris News and ask her if the Turners had anything whatsoever to do with that article. I can tell you her answer. They didn't.
Frank

Paris, TX

#13 Sep 8, 2008
I realize that the Clifford supporters are angry and are now lashing out at Turner. That is to be expected.

I prefer to keep this campaign focused on the issues.

Dave Turner's bio has been posted on this forum many, many times during the past elections and now this one. His qualifications are stellar. His experience in the courtroom, his integrity and sense of fairness to all people will be the attributes that get him elected.

The cowardice of those who choose to fabricate stories that cannot be confirmed is abominable and only reflect poorly on those people who make up those stories themselves.

There will be a "meet and greet" at the fairgrounds Thursday night at 6:30 hosted by the Turner campaign immediately following the opening of the Democratic Headquarters at 5:30 P.M. the same day. Everyone is invited to come and meet Dave Turner and speak with him at that time.
Interesting

Paris, TX

#14 Sep 8, 2008
Frank wrote:
The fact that Turner was a big supporter of William Wayne Justice is the only fact above that interests me. Judge Justice cost Texas taxpayers millions of dollars, including Lamar County in his rulings. He was more for the criminal than the public. This is my opinion. I am just glad for a formum to express it. Let's stick to facts and stay off the personal attacks. The facts speak louder than personal attacks.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

#15 Sep 8, 2008
Frank wrote:
I realize that the Clifford supporters are angry and are now lashing out at Turner. That is to be expected.
I prefer to keep this campaign focused on the issues.
Dave Turner's bio has been posted on this forum many, many times during the past elections and now this one. His qualifications are stellar. His experience in the courtroom, his integrity and sense of fairness to all people will be the attributes that get him elected.
The cowardice of those who choose to fabricate stories that cannot be confirmed is abominable and only reflect poorly on those people who make up those stories themselves.
There will be a "meet and greet" at the fairgrounds Thursday night at 6:30 hosted by the Turner campaign immediately following the opening of the Democratic Headquarters at 5:30 P.M. the same day. Everyone is invited to come and meet Dave Turner and speak with him at that time.
Oh get real. None of the old geezers running for office have integrity and fairness. Every single one of them fall in step with the corrupt system in Lamar County. The only difference is some will take the corruption further than others. May as well just toss a coin to see which one you will vote for.
Frank

Paris, TX

#16 Sep 8, 2008
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that Turner was a big supporter of William Wayne Justice is the only fact above that interests me. Judge Justice cost Texas taxpayers millions of dollars, including Lamar County in his rulings. He was more for the criminal than the public. This is my opinion. I am just glad for a formum to express it. Let's stick to facts and stay off the personal attacks. The facts speak louder than personal attacks.
No one said he was a big suppporter of Justice. It was customary each year, twice a year, that when Judge Justice was in town either one of the attorneys or the Bar Association would host a party for him and his staff. Turner did his part. Parties were also held for U.S. District Judge Robert Parker when he came to Paris. It had nothing to do with support, just courtesy.
Turner Fan

Paris, TX

#17 Sep 8, 2008
Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get real. None of the old geezers running for office have integrity and fairness. Every single one of them fall in step with the corrupt system in Lamar County. The only difference is some will take the corruption further than others. May as well just toss a coin to see which one you will vote for.
Believe me, you, Cibil, will be much better off with Turner in office.
go wildcats

Quitman, TX

#18 Sep 8, 2008
The Turner folks are shaking in their boots. I happened to be sitting at a coffee shop a week ago in Paris when some campaign workers came in and mentioned that the Turner campaign did an internal poll. Clifford was up 58% to 42% among voters.

They decided it was time to pull out the "October surprise" early in a nervous frenzy. They knew they could count on Madewell's liberal attack mode to put it front page on a Sunday edition.

Frank, you should tell your campaign help to stop spilling their guts in public venues...

by the way, I'm still undecided in light of all this mess
Frank

Paris, TX

#19 Sep 8, 2008
go wildcats wrote:
The Turner folks are shaking in their boots. I happened to be sitting at a coffee shop a week ago in Paris when some campaign workers came in and mentioned that the Turner campaign did an internal poll. Clifford was up 58% to 42% among voters.
They decided it was time to pull out the "October surprise" early in a nervous frenzy. They knew they could count on Madewell's liberal attack mode to put it front page on a Sunday edition.
Frank, you should tell your campaign help to stop spilling their guts in public venues...
by the way, I'm still undecided in light of all this mess
Another lie. There has been no "internal poll" done by the Turner campaign. There has been no polling at all done by anyone, anywhere. There have been no campaign workers of Turner's spilling their guts in public venues. Turner had no intentions about an "October Surprise." The info about Clifford was posted on Topix by an anonymous poster. No one in the Turner campaign would have even thought to look into Eric's past.

I realize that the Clifford supporters are nervous and for good reason. It is apparant that this thread was started to create lies about Turner. As the other poster said, call Mary Madewell and ask her if Turner or his supporters had ANYTHING to do with that article.

The Turner folks are not "shaking in their boots." We are confident that he will win based on his credentials.
The Awesome One

Haltom City, TX

#20 Sep 8, 2008
Oh really is that why Turners people hired a Private Invtigator to find dirt on Clifford... Playing dirty politics huh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guilty Verdict 3 min Bo Knows 5
Next! game (Mar '11) 45 min Judy 123 927
Congrats NL 47 min Knowd 61
Word Association? Part II (Apr '09) 1 hr Super_Chick_ 5,000
Song Title Game (Oct '09) 1 hr Judy 123 2,865
Word association? (Sep '08) 1 hr Judy 123 28,254
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 1 hr Judy 123 3,156
North Lamar Red Neck Parents! 6 hr Turner 11
NLISD Board President worst board member ever 14 hr angry taxpayer 6
McCullough Out at NL? Wed Joy 76