Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Paris Texas

#1 Dec 9, 2010
Great that online pay is available.

PURE BULLSHIT that a 5% fee is added to bill if you use it..
This will already drive nails in POST OFFICE, and on top of that, We now have the ability to PAY MORE than our actual bill.. Solid Amazing..
Okay

Paris, TX

#2 Dec 9, 2010
10210abc wrote:
Great that online pay is available.
PURE BULLSHIT that a 5% fee is added to bill if you use it..
This will already drive nails in POST OFFICE, and on top of that, We now have the ability to PAY MORE than our actual bill.. Solid Amazing..
Have it drafted from your bank account. It doesn't cosy any more and you never have to worry about a late charge if it slips your mind.
Okay

Paris, TX

#3 Dec 9, 2010
Sorry, that's supposed to be "cost" not "cosy". Fat Finger Syndrome.

Paris Texas

#4 Dec 9, 2010
could do that, stamp costs about 50cents
unless your bill is $10.00 or less you ain't going to win with this deal..

Mine is over $50,00 each month.. no matter how you pay, but give the city an extra $2.50 or MORE if your bill is greater.. This is not even close to what is RIGHT and PROPER..
Okay

Paris, TX

#5 Dec 9, 2010
10210abc wrote:
Mine is over $50,00 each month.. no matter how you pay, but give the city an extra $2.50 or MORE if your bill is greater.. This is not even close to what is RIGHT and PROPER..
Ther is NO CHARGE for the draft from the City nor from my bank. It cost exactly what the bill is. As a matter of fact it is a little cheaper overall because I don't have to pay for a stamp and I don't have to waste gas and time to pay it in person.
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

#6 Dec 9, 2010
10210abc wrote:
Credit card companies charge a fee to the City. The city is a government entity and has to recoup the
fees. This is also done by the State when you register or pay for something online using a credit card, i.e. birth certificate. Private companies have a built in profit, so they absorb the cost of using a credit card. I agree with the above poster. Use a bank draft for no fees.

Paris Texas

#7 Dec 9, 2010
Hey, read the City's website..

You can't pay, like normal online transactions, you have to use a credit card..

If this city is going to be modern and up to date, They need to get their "STUFF" together..

Paris Texas

#8 Dec 9, 2010
And another thing... This is what's WRONG with AMERICA today...

If an entity, city, private, or whatever, has a monopoly or just plain service and a customer, wants to pay quickly or automatically, as in via the internet.. Do you think it is good business to charge them a penalty...?? You got to be out of your rabbit ass mind..
Why not

Arlington, TX

#9 Dec 9, 2010
For $1.00 I pay my water bill with the rest of my bills at Checks 2 Cash. Cheaper and easier than sitting in line at the water office to pay.
Gloria

Paris, TX

#10 Dec 11, 2010
10210abc wrote:
So don't pay that way. Nowhere does it say you must avail yourself of that service. Just continue to pay your bill the way you've been doing. Ahhhhh -- but if you do that, you can't gripe, can you?
Gloria

Paris, TX

#11 Dec 11, 2010
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>Ther is NO CHARGE for the draft from the City nor from my bank. It cost exactly what the bill is. As a matter of fact it is a little cheaper overall because I don't have to pay for a stamp and I don't have to waste gas and time to pay it in person.
But you sound to me like the kind of person who makes sure there's money in the bank account -- a responsible citizen. I'm not sure that would work for abc. LOL.

Since: Jun 10

Dallas, TX

#12 Dec 12, 2010
My water usage was 18 bucks...after refuse, tax, and sewage...it totaled 62 bucks and sum change!!!
Senior Citizen

Paris, TX

#13 Dec 12, 2010
parisgal33 wrote:
My water usage was 18 bucks...after refuse, tax, and sewage...it totaled 62 bucks and sum change!!!
You don't like paying for trash pickup and sewage? I suppose you'd rather the trash pile up and the sewage leak out all around your house. The tax is a state issue -- take it up with them.
Big Spender

Paris, TX

#14 Dec 12, 2010
parisgal33 wrote:
Woooo! You're being way overcharged. That's, like,$1.50 a day to get the poop out of your pipes and haul your trash away 8 times. Definitely not worth it! LOL!

Since: Jun 10

Dallas, TX

#15 Dec 12, 2010
I love how no matter the topic, any replies on here are so negative and rude.

Buddy B

“Politics are corrupt”

Location hidden

#16 Dec 12, 2010
parisgal33 wrote:
Great, ain't it?
Wally

Paris, TX

#17 Dec 12, 2010
parisgal33 wrote:
Which replies did you consider rude and negative? The ones I saw agreed with you or just made the point that it seems you were getting a good deal. If any was negative, I suppose yours could be construed that way. Or did you mean that you thought you were getting a good deal?

Paris Texas

#18 Dec 13, 2010
Look, I think this is getting off topic..

My deal is this.. Pure and Simple..

Modern day stuff, technology etc.
Ease of commerce, transactions etc..
For a long time, drafting from one's bank has been available, This is a good option if you choose.
Paying via computer and internet is a good option.

BEING made to pay a premium for this modern technology is NOT a good DEAL, when it is POSSIBLE and is done by thousands if not MILLIONS for no extra fee. My BANK supports this feature at no cost. PERHAPS the city's stodgy bank, or managing financial instution does NOT, I have no CLUE, even perhaps, the "CITY MANAGER" is trying to figure a way to enrich city coffers, while at same time trying to appear to be upgrading.. Who knows..?

Bottom line is this.. If you make available ways to pay your damn water bill, and charge extra for it, and tout as an improvement, you are one stupid ASS..

Fix so anyone can pay with no extra premium being charged, and no telling how many citizens you will have use for this service..

Technology is a GREAT TOOL, when in the PROPER HANDS and used as intended.
Gripe Gripe Gripe

Paris, TX

#19 Dec 13, 2010
10210abc wrote:
Look, I think this is getting off topic..
My deal is this.. Pure and Simple..
Modern day stuff, technology etc.
Ease of commerce, transactions etc..
For a long time, drafting from one's bank has been available, This is a good option if you choose.
Paying via computer and internet is a good option.
BEING made to pay a premium for this modern technology is NOT a good DEAL, when it is POSSIBLE and is done by thousands if not MILLIONS for no extra fee. My BANK supports this feature at no cost. PERHAPS the city's stodgy bank, or managing financial instution does NOT, I have no CLUE, even perhaps, the "CITY MANAGER" is trying to figure a way to enrich city coffers, while at same time trying to appear to be upgrading.. Who knows..?
Bottom line is this.. If you make available ways to pay your damn water bill, and charge extra for it, and tout as an improvement, you are one stupid ASS..
Fix so anyone can pay with no extra premium being charged, and no telling how many citizens you will have use for this service..
Technology is a GREAT TOOL, when in the PROPER HANDS and used as intended.
The city is covering its costs for the fees incurred through using the service. If they didn't charge the fee, those who don't use the service would, in effect, be subsidizing those who do. And then, you'd gripe about that. I guarantee you the city isn't "enriching its coffers" on the fee they're recouping here. If you think the charge is too much, don't use it. Have your account drafted or drive up there or stick it in an envelope and mail it. Then gripe to the bank about service charges for having an account with them and gripe to the post office about how much a stamp costs and gripe to the service station about how much you pay for gasoline. As I'm sure you do. You might want to avail yourself of some of that grammar check and spell check technology -- you know, technology in the proper hands and being used how it was intended?

Paris Texas

#20 Dec 13, 2010
Ah hah..! someone is reading..

Main deal is this.. I did NOT choose the CITY to use a 3rd part, CREDIT CARD SERVICE, making it necessary to charge a fee, THEY DID..

If CITY choose to be MODERN and HI-TECH, get their SHIT TOGETHER and DO IT..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
downtown antique stores 12 min O well 21
Small Engine Repair in Paris area 13 min allthumbs 1
Why do the most adamant Trump supporters seem t... 18 min lol 21
PRMC Emergency Room 28 min Aint no sunshine 32
Funny Pranks 51 min funny stuff 1
Paris lakes leasing 1 hr darrell 17
Why do the most adamant Hillary supporters seem... 2 hr Reichsfuhrer von ... 10
providence ranch 5 hr Josh 19
Cavender's Closing Thu wtf 8
More from around the web