Last Night at Woodall Field

Last Night at Woodall Field

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
awful

Plano, TX

#1 Apr 10, 2010
There were cars parked along the road all the way to highway 271. If they want to have so many fields why don't they buy more land and extend their parking. West of current parking lot would be best. It's crazy to have to park nearly to 271 then walk all the way to concession to get in only to have to walk back to the coach pitch field. At least open the darn gates right by the field.
Today will be even worse with all the teams there for opening day. I understand they're going to charge for these games. What a racket they have going on.
Yep

Paris, TX

#2 Apr 10, 2010
awful wrote:
There were cars parked along the road all the way to highway 271. If they want to have so many fields why don't they buy more land and extend their parking. West of current parking lot would be best. It's crazy to have to park nearly to 271 then walk all the way to concession to get in only to have to walk back to the coach pitch field. At least open the darn gates right by the field.
Today will be even worse with all the teams there for opening day. I understand they're going to charge for these games. What a racket they have going on.
They are only charging $1 so the kids don't have to sell stuff is what I understand and I think it's only this day. I totally agree with you about the parking and entry situation. Disabled people would have a hard time attending the games.
cash

Clarksville, TX

#3 Apr 10, 2010
start your own league
texter

Paris, TX

#4 Apr 10, 2010
awful wrote:
There were cars parked along the road all the way to highway 271. If they want to have so many fields why don't they buy more land and extend their parking. West of current parking lot would be best. It's crazy to have to park nearly to 271 then walk all the way to concession to get in only to have to walk back to the coach pitch field. At least open the darn gates right by the field.
Today will be even worse with all the teams there for opening day. I understand they're going to charge for these games. What a racket they have going on.
I agree the parking is awful. They could set up a temporary ticket booth at the other gate on the north end of the field. Would help me out I am 60 and it is quite a walk sometimes.
texter

Paris, TX

#5 Apr 10, 2010
cash wrote:
start your own league
cash if you do not have anything intelligent to post why bother wasting every ones t1me and yours. you are pathetic
cash

Clarksville, TX

#6 Apr 10, 2010
to lazy to start your own just want to whine
proud to pay

United States

#7 Apr 10, 2010
Yes there was a $1 admission charge today for anyone 3 and older. This eliminated the need for further fundraising to be done by the teams who are already attending practices and at least 2 games a week. All players were informed of this charge at the very first practice and notified if they could not pay to let a coach know and the optimist would take care of it for them. As a coach I didnt have a single family complain, only grateful to not have to do further fundraising. There will also be a $1 fee for entry next Saturday at the hit and throw contest. If you cannot afford the $1 please notify the coach of your team so they can get it taken care of for you.
proud to pay

United States

#8 Apr 10, 2010
and they dont open the gates to help control the kids leaving without a parent. Especially on that end where the 5-6 yr olds play.
awful

Dallas, TX

#9 Apr 10, 2010
If they're going to charge why charge the kids that are playing? And they're doing this so the kids don't have to sell anything else? What about the raffle tickets they gave them to sell?
Rocky

Paris, TX

#10 Apr 10, 2010
If you don't like the parking situation donate the large sum of money (350K) to buy the land and then kindly donate more time and money to turn it into a parking lot.
proud to pay

United States

#11 Apr 10, 2010
Raffle tickets were the only fundraising the players did this year. As opposed to last year where they did tickets, cups, decals.... And they only had to sell $25, which has not been a problem with anyone that I am aware of. Again if the players could not pay the $1 entry the optimist league was prepared to take care of that. However NONE of my players or parents expressed any concern for this. Maybe others did, but I did not hear it for myself.
awful

Dallas, TX

#12 Apr 11, 2010
Rocky wrote:
If you don't like the parking situation donate the large sum of money (350K) to buy the land and then kindly donate more time and money to turn it into a parking lot.
Are you trying to say the BOL doesn't have $350K in CD's socked away? Who are you trying to kid?
texter

Paris, TX

#13 Apr 11, 2010
proud to pay wrote:
and they dont open the gates to help control the kids leaving without a parent. Especially on that end where the 5-6 yr olds play.
I agree with everything you say. Last year I had two grand sons playing and have had someone playing for the last 5 years. But that does not address that the elderly have to walk so far to watch their grand children play. I am sure that there could be something worked out so that their could be an attendant at the gate in question. Some day all of you will be old and know what it is like to miss out on your loved ones activities because of the hardships involved(like walking a mile in the heat to participate) some of you just don't get it or don't care.

Buddy B

“Politics are corrupt”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14 Apr 11, 2010
texter wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with everything you say. Last year I had two grand sons playing and have had someone playing for the last 5 years. But that does not address that the elderly have to walk so far to watch their grand children play. I am sure that there could be something worked out so that their could be an attendant at the gate in question. Some day all of you will be old and know what it is like to miss out on your loved ones activities because of the hardships involved(like walking a mile in the heat to participate) some of you just don't get it or don't care.
Why don't you start a valet service for the elderly at the games :o)
Thought

Paris, TX

#15 Apr 11, 2010
Buddy B wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you start a valet service for the elderly at the games :o)
Maybe they could get one of those multi-passenger golf cart type vehicles like they have at the Grant casino to shuttle the folks from the parking are to the playing fields.
texter

Paris, TX

#16 Apr 11, 2010
Buddy B wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you start a valet service for the elderly at the games :o)
Looks like you and cash have the same genetics(smatra$$). LOL

Buddy B

“Politics are corrupt”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#17 Apr 11, 2010
texter wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you and cash have the same genetics(smatra$$). LOL
Whats the matter little boy, ticked because you didn't think of it, and whats cash got to do with it, it was this little puppies idea, I will be a rich man, all those little grey haired grandmothers got money, I am looking for a golf cart now...I will hire "thought" as my driver, I'll be to busy counting the proceeds to drive, Cash will be offered a job as bodyguard to spell Spike..
cash

Clarksville, TX

#18 Apr 11, 2010
Buddy B wrote:
<quoted text>Whats the matter little boy, ticked because you didn't think of it, and whats cash got to do with it, it was this little puppies idea, I will be a rich man, all those little grey haired grandmothers got money, I am looking for a golf cart now...I will hire "thought" as my driver, I'll be to busy counting the proceeds to drive, Cash will be offered a job as bodyguard to spell Spike..
i cant take a job it will cut my goment chex
More Money

Paris, TX

#19 Apr 11, 2010
I also agree about the parking and only one gate open. Yes we are here for the kids, but there are alot of elderly that would love to see their grandkids play ball, but cannot stand that walk. That is more money for the ball club.
valet

Paris, TX

#20 Apr 11, 2010
The valet parking idea is very valid to solve the problem with far less expense than building additional parking. Seriously, is this parking thing an issue all the time or only on opening day when all the teams are there at the same time? The golf cart suggestion is very valid as well.

I say keep complaining and you may find the volunteers will say "I ain't gettin' paid for this" and walk away - then you can pick up where they leave off and do it your way. Are you prepared for that? Wouldn't it be a better option to make contact with the board, share your situation, tell them you aren't the only one - make a suggestion or two of how to fix the problem and if they do nothing - complain all you wish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reno Police Chief Resigns Immediately 24 min Mentalist 164
Garage Door Repair (Sep '09) 42 min Mentalist 15
Superville will be voted out over Confederate s... 2 hr Parisian Elites 35
Homeschooling is the only safe school. 2 hr Answer 2
Deport mayor (Aug '17) 3 hr Peanut butter 268
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 9 hr Judy 123 7,021
4-Word Game (Oct '09) 9 hr Judy 123 5,714
Shooting just now 12 hr Grisham 74

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages