Next Last
VP Debate

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 11, 2012
What did everyone think of the debate?
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

#3 Oct 11, 2012
Gotta love that smirk. That shows gravitas.
Just sayen

Euless, TX

#4 Oct 11, 2012
Biden kicked ass and took names
A voter

Euless, TX

#5 Oct 11, 2012
Made lying rayn look like a punk
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

#6 Oct 11, 2012
Just sayen wrote:
Biden kicked ass and took names
Except his blatant lies will come back to bite HIS azz.
Spilled Mitt

Alvarado, TX

#7 Oct 11, 2012
Almost felt sorry for the child Ryan. Almost. He's sitting in a corner all curled up sucking his thumb right now.
Not really

United States

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Whatever Biden acted like a used car salesman. I think he was drunk. He was so belligerent constantly interrupting
Analysis

Greenville, TX

#9 Oct 11, 2012
Democrats lose another debate, not quite the knockout victory of the first Presidential Debate, but still a win based on substance and appeal.

Ryan comes across as intelligent, not rash or quick to answer, and polite, while providing sound answers to topics.

Biden comes across as rash, rude, smug, and divisive, while doing well on a few topics, but overall relying on catch phrases, repetetive rhetorical remarks, and trying to "out-shout" or interrupt Ryan instead of providing answers to his questions.

Amusing debate, but it is all simply a spectator sport, and meaningless. A biased moderator did not help either. A "third party" ex-candidate should moderate debates.
Yep Yep

Paris, TX

#10 Oct 12, 2012
Ryan won the Debate over Biden.
Ryan......48
Biden.....44
This was from the CNN Post-Debate,
CNN News Channel.
Voter

Paris, TX

#11 Oct 12, 2012
Biden evoked the image of a high school jock forced to join the debate team to pass senior English.
Sunrise

Arlington, TX

#12 Oct 12, 2012
A biased moderator with both questions, interupting Ryan but not Biden and her control of the debate. Biden was rude, condescending, smug, waving arms in the air and kept talking over Ryan and interrupting Ryan but the moderator did nothing to control the situation. As usual the media is giving Biden a pass saying he was "just Joe." As far as content Biden answered with no hesitation, seemed to be looking at notes at times and pushed the same retoric that we have been hearing whether true or not. Had it not been for Biden's demeanor, I would say that Biden came out ahead. Another biased action of the moderator was that when Ryan answered a question she would question him further for more details. She did not do this with Biden.
No class

United States

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Biden was rude. Period.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 12, 2012
Not really wrote:
Whatever Biden acted like a used car salesman. I think he was drunk. He was so belligerent constantly interrupting
82 times.
Just sayen

Euless, TX

#15 Oct 12, 2012
U know what 6 calls interrupting 82 times? Dinner with her husband .
you are silly

Grand Prairie, TX

#16 Oct 12, 2012
Did anyone even bother to read any of the fact checking articles that were published overnight?

Try reading a few of those from outlets like the Washington Post, ABC, CBS or factcheck.org ? Even the Austin Statesmen did a piece checking their statements and "facts".

The fact is they both stretched the truth to make themselves and their parties look good.

THe quickest and easiest read is from ABC. The most thorough (yet lengthy) article is from the Washington Post.

What bothers me about Romney/Ryan is their claim that there's 6 studies that confirm their "math" on their tax plan. Yes,(and factcheck bore this out and explained it quite clearly), those weren't studies that were conducted by independent groups...one was a blog, one was an opinion piece written in the media by a member of the Romney campaign, and yet another "study" (if you can call it that) made some large extrapolations (read : guesses or assumptions) to come even close to the numbers that Romney/Ryan claim. Only 2 were independent studies - and fact checkers agree that the tax plan proposed by Romney that would give millionaires another tax break and raise taxes on middle class families by up to $2,000 a year.

It seems that topix doesn't like some of the links - so verify with poltifact (via google search to make it easier on yourselves) on line.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not inclined to fork over another two grand to uncle sam every year.
you are silly

Grand Prairie, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2012
So you guys that put the "clueless" and "spam" icons on my previous posting, particularly since you had no response...let me ask you this : Are you willing to pay another two thousand a year in federal income taxes? Because if you are, then I guess Romney/Ryan are your guys.

As for me, I'd rather put that two thousand in either my pocket or use it to invest for the future.
you are silly

Grand Prairie, TX

#18 Oct 12, 2012
You guys just don't care if you're lied to, do you.
If you did, you'd be just as much up in arms about The Romney/Ryan lies as you are about the Obama/Biden lies.

Whichever one you vote for or whichever one is elected.....you're still going to be lied to. If you're not prepared for that then you're about as gullible as a pre-pubescent child and you probably believed Nixon when he said "I am not a crook". LOL.
notweak

Paris, TX

#19 Oct 12, 2012
Are you serious? Do any of you REALLY believe the lies politicians spin?

“This too shall pass”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#21 Oct 12, 2012
Not really wrote:
I wonder if any other candidate has ever pointed at the moderator and accused them of being against him like biden did Martha Radditz last night? I don't remember any.
Biden's entire night was just one buffoon act followed by another with lots of rudeness thrown in.
Ryan on the other hand showed nothing but respect for Biden and got treated like trash in return.
Remember this on Nov. 6th also. Biden is just a heartbeat away from being president. That'd really make the US look good with old man Biden sitting there sticking his tongue out at someones' Prime Minister or something.
you are silly

Grand Prairie, TX

#22 Oct 12, 2012
notweak wrote:
Are you serious? Do any of you REALLY believe the lies politicians spin?
Exactly my point and question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democrats are Crooked 1 hr still no response 10
Lesbian Assistant County Clerk rant on facebook 2 hr Dark Side 6
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 6,871
Paris News and their wording 2 hr Incendiary 3
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 2 hr Vector aka Victor... 7,622
Freedom Of Religion 2 hr Snake Handler 2
News Ronald Bass Declares Candidacy for Lamar County... 2 hr Beware 43
Old Phillips Lighting Building construction. 4 hr cash 16
Worker ran down 4 hr Stumpy 23
More from around the web