Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, Darrell knows more about the law than most attorneys around here. He's also helped some others that were in jail with him. Turner was just there, Darrell was running things. He told Turner what to and not to do.
NO ONE tells Turner what to do or not to do. Believe me, I know. And CERTAINLY not Darrell Mitchell. What a joke.
Anonymous

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww helll. LOLOL!!! Darrell had like 20 or 30 priors so how in the hell did he have so much going on for him? And Darrell pled guilty or nolo to most of those. He plead not guilty to that one and since he was aquitted of it by a jury, HE WAS NOT GUILTY. Darrell insisted on taking that to trial. It had nothing to do with Turner being a great attorney. But it does have something to do with Darrells honesty. Turner DOES keep discovery away from his clients. He wouldn't be able to keep it away from Darrell because Darrell knows his rights and would file a grievance against him.
So if a client is found guilty, it's all the lawyer's fault; but if the client is found not guilty, the lawyer had nothing to do with it? I think your bias is showing again, Cibil.
light

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww helll. LOLOL!!! Darrell had like 20 or 30 priors so how in the hell did he have so much going on for him? And Darrell pled guilty or nolo to most of those. He plead not guilty to that one and since he was aquitted of it by a jury, HE WAS NOT GUILTY. Darrell insisted on taking that to trial. It had nothing to do with Turner being a great attorney. But it does have something to do with Darrells honesty. Turner DOES keep discovery away from his clients. He wouldn't be able to keep it away from Darrell because Darrell knows his rights and would file a grievance against him.
How do you know so much about court records ?
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Fly on the Wall wrote:
<quoted text>
NO ONE tells Turner what to do or not to do. Believe me, I know. And CERTAINLY not Darrell Mitchell. What a joke.
Oh please!!! Gary Young tells Turner what to do. The judges tell him what to do as well. Although he can get away with doing what he wants in Lamar County courtrooms, because the good ole boys scratch each others backs, he does have laws he's supposed to follow and he can be dealt with if the client knows how to go about doing it correctly. The only ones who can't tell him what to do are the very ones who should be able to tell him what to do....HIS CLIENTS. THEY are the ones who hire him. When they ask him for the discovery, THEY SHOULD GET IT.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

light wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know so much about court records ?
I got friends in low places.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a client is found guilty, it's all the lawyer's fault; but if the client is found not guilty, the lawyer had nothing to do with it? I think your bias is showing again, Cibil.
Found guilty? Its rare that a court appointed attorney will take a case to trial. They usually convince the defendent that they had better plead guilty or else. And since the court appointed attorney works with the D.A. and not for the defendent.....
just wondering

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Is it not the district attorney's job to prosecute people that have been indicted. The Grand Jury decides on whether the evidence is there or not. How can it be that everyone screams the good ol' boy system. If you do not put your self in the wrong situations or circumstances why worry? Then you will not have to worry because it will not effect you. The good ol' bot system is summed up in one word JEALOUSY. It all boils down to this the haves and the have nots in most eyes. I do not see it that way but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Fly on the Wall

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Found guilty? Its rare that a court appointed attorney will take a case to trial. They usually convince the defendent that they had better plead guilty or else. And since the court appointed attorney works with the D.A. and not for the defendent.....
You have NO idea what you are talking about. Give it up.
light

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
I got friends in low places.
Friends ????????
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

just wondering wrote:
Is it not the district attorney's job to prosecute people that have been indicted. The Grand Jury decides on whether the evidence is there or not. How can it be that everyone screams the good ol' boy system. If you do not put your self in the wrong situations or circumstances why worry? Then you will not have to worry because it will not effect you. The good ol' bot system is summed up in one word JEALOUSY. It all boils down to this the haves and the have nots in most eyes. I do not see it that way but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Well lets take a look at this thing...shall we...

Man charged in assault case
School board member accused of hitting brother-in-law with sledge hammer
By: Lynn Larowe - Texarkana Gazette - Published: 06/09/2007

HartDETROIT, Texas—School board member Daniel Hart was arrested this week by the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Hart was arrested Tuesday evening and released on an $8,000 bond Wednesday afternoon.“This was a family violence call,” said Sgt. Travis Rhodes of the Lamar County Sheriff’s Department. According to incident reports, Hart’s wife had taken the couple’s children and moved in with her brother because of problems in the marriage. Hart attacked his wife’s brother from behind with a standard size sledge hammer when the brother tried to stop Hart from taking the children, Rhodes said. Hart was arrested at the scene.
According to an arrest report, Hart also allegedly tried to throw a brick through the back door of his brother-in-law’s home. Despite a large gash to the back of his head, the victim declined to be transported to the hospital by ambulance. Travis said it is standard procedure to issue a protective order in situations like Hart’s. No-contact orders are routinely made a condition of release on a bail bond for a family violence assault, he said.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

Charges dismissed in Daniel Hart assault case

By Bill Hankins
The Paris News

Published October 19, 2007

DETROIT — Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges have been dismissed against a Detroit Independent School District trustee over an alleged attack against his brother-in-law.

Daniel Wade Hart, 41, was arrested June 5 by Lamar County Sheriff’s deputies.

This week, a district court judge dismissed the charge at the request of Lamar County and District Attorney Gary Young.

The case was dismissed after the alleged victim filed an affidavit of non-prosecution.

“We often find out more detailed information about a case even after indictment,” Young said.“Following the arrest and the grand jury’s true-bill, witnesses and the victim were further interviewed and it became clear this was a family dispute that appeared much more serious than it may have been on the night of the incident and arrest.”

Hart’s wife is employed by the Detroit school district.

“I would like to apologize to my community for being in this situation,” said Hart after the dismissal.“I feel I make good decisions for Detroit Independent School District and for the taxpayers and for education.”

Well evidently its not Gary Youngs job to prosecute if you've been indicted by a grand jury. Sometimes its his job to ask that you be let go when you bash a hole in someones head with a sledgehammer......that is if you're a good ole boy.
just wondering

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2008

Judged:

If the party that was assaulted in this case a family member refused to go thru with the charges and not testify for the prosecution that means that the DA has no case. If the injured party refuses to cooperate then that is their choice. They have to live with that and the guilty party was let go because of circumstances I am sure the DA did not agree with. I would think that only in capital offense trials is it completely left up to the DA and the judge. I guess until we become an expert in these subjects we can only speculate. Sorry you can not see reason in anything and once again you got your toes stepped on. The case was dismissed after the alleged victim filed an affidavit of non-prosecution.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

just wondering wrote:
If the party that was assaulted in this case a family member refused to go thru with the charges and not testify for the prosecution that means that the DA has no case. If the injured party refuses to cooperate then that is their choice. They have to live with that and the guilty party was let go because of circumstances I am sure the DA did not agree with. I would think that only in capital offense trials is it completely left up to the DA and the judge. I guess until we become an expert in these subjects we can only speculate. Sorry you can not see reason in anything and once again you got your toes stepped on. The case was dismissed after the alleged victim filed an affidavit of non-prosecution.
Thats a lie. Very often in domestic violence cases, the victim changes their minds and don't want their relative prosecuted. Thats why THE STATE TAKES UP THE CASE. Gary Young does it all the time. Thats what subpeonas are for. The victim is REQUIRED to testify and if they claim they were lying when they filed the charges, THEY should be charged with filing a false police report. But in this case, there is no question the victim was telling the truth. HE HAD A HOLE IN HIS HEAD PUT THERE BY A SLEDGEHAMMER. The D.A. DID agree. He's the one who asked the judge to throw out the charges AFTER the guy was indicted. Stop with the nonsense.
just wondering

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Cibil War wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a lie. Very often in domestic violence cases, the victim changes their minds and don't want their relative prosecuted. Thats why THE STATE TAKES UP THE CASE. Gary Young does it all the time. Thats what subpeonas are for. The victim is REQUIRED to testify and if they claim they were lying when they filed the charges, THEY should be charged with filing a false police report. But in this case, there is no question the victim was telling the truth. HE HAD A HOLE IN HIS HEAD PUT THERE BY A SLEDGEHAMMER. The D.A. DID agree. He's the one who asked the judge to throw out the charges AFTER the guy was indicted. Stop with the nonsense.
Even if a person is served with a subpeona and is required to testify they can plead the fifth and still no victim. Of course the DA has to drop it because it is the case he filed and he has to make that motion. CASE CLOSED!
FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Now THAT was a come back! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing, laughing, still laughing!
How's that feel when you get a bite taken out of yo big 'ol ass!
you should know wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know about all the court appointed attorneys, since everyone in your family has needed one!
FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

OMG!!!! Ben is the nicest, cutest guy in the world. I adore him. He does whole-heartedly defend his clients. Whatever. A hundred bucks is nothing...BFD. He is going places, and has plently both North & South! And to just look at him, I'd volunteer to be on every jury in front of him and try not to die of hot flashes!
who is this wrote:
<quoted text>Who IS Ben Massar?
FYI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Still laughing, "You should know!" God that was funny! Yes, I'm still laughing!
FYI wrote:
Now THAT was a come back! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Laughing, laughing, still laughing!
How's that feel when you get a bite taken out of yo big 'ol ass!
<quoted text>
Greatful

Blossom, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

whatever wrote:
What about Ed Ellis? Thought he was the best him and Judy Hodgkiss? Their still around right?
Judy is amazing. I had to use her before in a tough child custody case. I was so very impressed. She cares about her clients and will work herself to the bone for you.
Cibil War

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Even if a person is served with a subpeona and is required to testify they can plead the fifth and still no victim. Of course the DA has to drop it because it is the case he filed and he has to make that motion. CASE CLOSED!
Oh get real. The guy filed an affidavit of non prosecution which is no more than a letter saying he wants to drop the charges. Its completely up to Gary Young if he wants to prosecute the case or not. I bet if his daughter ends up with a boyfriend who knocks a hole in her head and she decides she doesnt want to file charges, CHARGES WILL BE FILED ANYWAY.
KnowTheTruth

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

Yes...Judy is a very good attorney. George is too. I used to work for him and he does care about his clients and his employees. I really hate to see his name being slammed here because he is a good person and tries to give his clients the best representation possible. It all goes back to the saying "you can not please everyone". If the person that started this post would make an appointment to see him then they can make their own decision.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Hashmi Transparency Please 22 min Truth 133
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 26 min Gasman 16,059
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 41 min Pharts 683
Wreck by the dam at Pat Mayse 1 hr cash 275
lamar county courts 1 hr cash 29
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 2 hr Vector aka Victor Perkins 6,224
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 2 hr Vector aka Victor Perkins 2,515
report drinking 12 hr If you can read 36
How much does anytime fitness cost per month?? (Oct '10) 20 hr Syrys 304
•••
•••

Paris News Video

•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Paris People Search