Living in Paris Texas

Living in Paris Texas

There are 50 comments on the Examiner.com story from Sep 29, 2012, titled Living in Paris Texas. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Relocate to Paris, Texas and enjoy the amenities and activity afforded a small town.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#21 Oct 3, 2012
EX Dealer wrote:
I like Paris I can get my drugs from the white or black side or right out of the hills on the north side just because some neighbor hoods are nicer than others doesn't mean that they are not selling drugs I used to deliver to a doctor that built a big house on Cobb ranch its just the money that keeps the white upper class from being persued by the police
Ain't that the truth! After experiencing the world you realize Paris IS the ghetto of N.E. Texas. and you can get drugs anywhere in a ghetto.
lol

Papeete, French Polynesia

#22 Oct 3, 2012
Idiots is your name? It fits your post.
justdoit

Paris, TX

#23 Oct 3, 2012
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't that the truth! After experiencing the world you realize Paris IS the ghetto of N.E. Texas. and you can get drugs anywhere in a ghetto.
A city is what you want to make out of it. If you're not happy with this town, then leave.
Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#24 Oct 3, 2012
lol wrote:
Idiots is your name? It fits your post.
I used "idiots" to address you and the other inbred trailer-trash, but your comment is about as intellectual as I could have expect. Enjoy your miserable life! lol
Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#25 Oct 3, 2012
justdoit wrote:
<quoted text>A city is what you want to make out of it. If you're not happy with this town, then leave.
That's what people say when they have no experience with life and don't know what they're talking about. A person's life is what they make of it, but a town is what it is... Argue all you want, get defensive if it makes you happy, but the truth is what it is.
lol

United States

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>I used "idiots" to address you and the other inbred trailer-trash, but your comment is about as intellectual as I could have expect. Enjoy your miserable life! lol
That's funny. Everyone thinks your name is idiots and they are right. You really are a complete idiot
Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#27 Oct 3, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Everyone thinks your name is idiots and they are right. You really are a complete idiot
LOL, I find it funny that it you resort to a statement like that, it says a lot about your intellect and personality. Stay in Paris, it exists for people like you...you couldn't make it in the real world. Maybe if you stay off drugs and get your GED you can get a job at Kimberly Clark one day and be part of the "Paris Elite"!!!!
lol

Papeete, French Polynesia

#28 Oct 3, 2012
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I find it funny that it you resort to a statement like that, it says a lot about your intellect and personality. Stay in Paris, it exists for people like you...you couldn't make it in the real world. Maybe if you stay off drugs and get your GED you can get a job at Kimberly Clark one day and be part of the "Paris Elite"!!!!
Ditto
lol

Haslet, TX

#29 Oct 3, 2012
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I find it funny that it you resort to a statement like that, it says a lot about your intellect and personality. Stay in Paris, it exists for people like you...you couldn't make it in the real world. Maybe if you stay off drugs and get your GED you can get a job at Kimberly Clark one day and be part of the "Paris Elite"!!!!
Only idiots like you assume things about others. Shame you were never one of us "elite"
Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#30 Oct 3, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Only idiots like you assume things about others. Shame you were never one of us "elite"
Even the best of Paris would be trash in my neighborhood, sweetheart. Nothing you say can bother me because I am so far past all that "Paris, Texas trailer park, high school" BS. I'm only here to because I enjoy how good it makes me feel about myself(and I'm burning off excess vacation days). It's a real ego boost conversing with someone of your caliber and seeing how Paris is still a dirty little ignorant town filled with liars, thieves, and drama queens...It's better than Jerry Springer.
Earl

Duncanville, TX

#31 Oct 3, 2012
Most people who live in Paris love the place. Particulary those born and bred there...especially of long-time Paris stock.

They have lived in a town (Paris) that has high crime, a remarkably high level of lead contamination, high unemployment, poor education, little or no culture, delapidated buildings, and horrific poverty all their lives.

Because this is what they know, they are content with their lives. One cannot really judge them as they do not know that there are many places in this nation that lack all the "benefits" that Paris has to offer.

One thing I do wonder. I wonder if the mental retardation rate in Paris is higher than other areas of Texas and the nation? I ask this because of the massive lead contamination problem in the area.

Not sure how I could find out about mental retardation/IQ rates in Paris. Would be interesting, though.
Idiots

Queen Creek, AZ

#32 Oct 3, 2012
Earl wrote:
Most people who live in Paris love the place. Particulary those born and bred there...especially of long-time Paris stock.
They have lived in a town (Paris) that has high crime, a remarkably high level of lead contamination, high unemployment, poor education, little or no culture, delapidated buildings, and horrific poverty all their lives.
Because this is what they know, they are content with their lives. One cannot really judge them as they do not know that there are many places in this nation that lack all the "benefits" that Paris has to offer.
One thing I do wonder. I wonder if the mental retardation rate in Paris is higher than other areas of Texas and the nation? I ask this because of the massive lead contamination problem in the area.
Not sure how I could find out about mental retardation/IQ rates in Paris. Would be interesting, though.
You're absolutely right, and I understand first hand because I come from a large family that has been in Paris forever, they simply don't know better(although they aren't considered trashy and are actually considered wealthy by people in Paris) and anyone that tries to inform them or even share experiences comes off as condescending or "fancy". Example; "Did you see Bobby Sue using a fork and knife to eat? She has been acting so fancy since she moved to California." followed by, "I know, and she wiped her mouth with a napkin! Now that she lives out there she thinks she is better than us!" ... I grew up out in Hopewell area so I can't comment on the city water but can comment on the high level of retardation, luckily most seem to be high functioning retards like some of the people posting here.
Earl

Duncanville, TX

#33 Oct 3, 2012
Yep. I know of a large family in Paris, and not what Paris folk would call "trash" at all.

Now, when you count up the 15 members, there are 6, that is 6, with IQ problems--mostly minor, but "certified" as problamatic IQ in school or by MHMR folk.

That is what got me thinking about the lead in Paris...
really

Paris, TX

#34 Oct 3, 2012
To you guys downing Paris and the people of Paris, I have something to say. There is good and bad everywhere, good people and bad people everywhere. And your big fancy city is no different, good and bad. If you were unhappy in Paris it's good that you moved on. But just because you moved from Paris doesn't mean that you are any better than those who stay. There is nothing wrong with living in Paris. If it's not for you, leave. There's nothing wrong with being happy and content where you are, even in Paris. I've read your posts where you brag about how well traveled and well educated you are. How you were so unhappy in Paris. How people from Paris are uneducated, close-minded, stupid people who eat lead paint chips and have retarded children. There is nothing wrong with living in the place you were raised. This is the Paris I know.....I know all my neighbors by their first names. My kids can walk down the road in our neighborhood and I don't have to worry about anything happening to them. I know that my neighbors watch out for my kids just as I watch out for theirs. I know my mailman (woman), she throws out treats to my dog everyday as she drives past our house. I have my doctor's home phone number and can call it anytime. I never lock my doors during the day and my car stays unlocked every night and I have never had anything stolen. Bet ya it's not like that in your big fancy city. And there is nothing wrong with working at Kimberly Clark. There's nothing wrong with any job that's honest. You are not any better than we are. In fact, I think I'm a lot better off than you are. My mom never told me that life was like a box of chocolates but she did teach me that "if other people are trying to put you down, it only means that you are above them." So as you put down everyone in Paris I hope you feel a little better about yourself and about your life.
Wondering

San Antonio, TX

#35 Oct 27, 2012
Did any of you guys see the movie "Paris,Texas"?
Amazing that there wasn't one scene filmed in Paris.
Terlingua and Houston but no Paris.
Good Movie though.
Lead Head

Paris, TX

#36 Oct 27, 2012
Earl wrote:
Hang at Walmart for a while...you'll figure it out.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#37 Oct 28, 2012
House wrote:
Plus it;s dirty, not clean, junked yards and trash. It could be a nice town but the "money" in this town ran off growth. Just look the other way and don;t look back.
Correction for you...the race-card playing lazy trolls in this town ran off all the money and jobs. And it's obvious what part of town the dirty, junked yards are. See the pattern? Go ahead and holler "racist" but the truth is the truth.
OldWhitey

Paris, TX

#38 Oct 28, 2012
Idiots wrote:
<quoted text> Even the best of Paris would be trash in my neighborhood, sweetheart. Nothing you say can bother me because I am so far past all that "Paris, Texas trailer park, high school" BS. I'm only here to because I enjoy how good it makes me feel about myself(and I'm burning off excess vacation days). It's a real ego boost conversing with someone of your caliber and seeing how Paris is still a dirty little ignorant town filled with liars, thieves, and drama queens...It's better than Jerry Springer.
...and you are one the participants on the show. You have such a wonderful life you want to spend it on Topix and talk about a town you once lived in. Seems like both are better off with you leaving. Hopefully you can get past it someday...
geeze

Paris, TX

#39 Oct 28, 2012
Earl wrote:
Start with yourself fahq head
transplanted pair

Paris, TX

#40 Oct 28, 2012
My wife and I moved to Paris 17 years ago and we had nothing...no money. Also, we both have never set foot in a college, university, or any other institute of higher learning or trade school.
8 years age we bought a very nice 2-story house in Johnson Woods and each of the last two years we have purchased 2 brand new automobiles. And no, neither of us work at Kimberly-Clark, Campbell's or any of the other major employers here in town.
Paris, Texas has been wonderful to us!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
well I guess we can not 2 min Prayers for the s... 79
My name is Donna 3 min I have to take a ... 1
Fancy Nails (Jul '10) 11 min Please read 23
Censors Strike Again 3 hr Research 35
Trump ended Obama care!! Sike!! 3 hr Ready 2
We need a federal investigation!! 4 hr wtf 3
A Bully Behind Every Bush (Feb '11) 6 hr Research 206
Paris Junior College President Pam Anglin Suing... 8 hr Research 4
Malia Obama drunk in NYC 9 hr ParisFoReal 10
Will anyone in the courthouse be investigated? Mar 25 THE REAL Nik 50