Petco is closing its doors!
Dinky is as Dinky DOES

Paris, TX

#22 Dec 2, 2008
Softball Player wrote:
No offense to any of my fellow Parisians but that Petco store was dinky! That was the smallest Petco I think I have seen! Our Petco in Harker Heights (sister city to Killeen) is about 5 times that big. So is out Petsmart. Granted I live in a city that is 100,000+(not including Ft Hood which is about 50,000) but dang. If they are going to put in a chain like that make it worth while! Just MO.
....my parents shopped there this weekend when I was in town and they never led on to the rumor of it closing but who knows?
If I were a bettin' man I'd bed Softball Player is a BLONDE
Parisian

Paris, TX

#23 Dec 2, 2008
I think Paris is fortunate to have a Petco and even if it is smaller than the ones in larger cities, it sure is better than what we had, which was nothing. Pets are big business now. We love our dogs as if they were children and I'm proud I have a store that caters to them. It may be a dinky store, but it's OUR dinky store.
pet lover

Paris, TX

#24 Dec 2, 2008
whatever wrote:
this person starting this rumor is such a tool! get a life or a dog
i agree, this person is a REAL TOOL!!! there is no such rumor

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#25 Dec 2, 2008
I just went in there tonight around 8pm. I was one of only 2 people in there. I really like the store. They offer things you cannot find anywhere else in Paris. The dog beds are very nice. They are sooo much better than what is found at TSC or Walmart. I am pleased to have them in the event I need an item that I can find nowhere else.

Nice store Petco!

Since: Nov 08

Dodd City, TX

#26 Dec 3, 2008
Woobies wrote:
I just went in there tonight around 8pm. I was one of only 2 people in there. I really like the store. They offer things you cannot find anywhere else in Paris. The dog beds are very nice. They are sooo much better than what is found at TSC or Walmart. I am pleased to have them in the event I need an item that I can find nowhere else.
Nice store Petco!
WB sunshine.

I was in that store the other day and the young lady told us she was going to start the dog training classes they were offering there...Hhhummm. Oh yeah, and they are overloaded with those AWESOME dog beds all of a sudden(I'm gettin 2 for x-mas pressies). I don't think they are closing anytime soon.

“Enjoy Life, Be Happy!”

Since: Aug 08

Clarksville, TX

#27 Dec 4, 2008
la-la-land wrote:
<quoted text>
WB sunshine.
I was in that store the other day and the young lady told us she was going to start the dog training classes they were offering there...Hhhummm. Oh yeah, and they are overloaded with those AWESOME dog beds all of a sudden(I'm gettin 2 for x-mas pressies). I don't think they are closing anytime soon.
They probably aren't.... Paris bullshit gossip will never change.
NOPE

Paris, TX

#28 Dec 4, 2008
They are not closing. Try a new rumor.
in-towner

Paris, TX

#29 Dec 4, 2008
Out-of-Towner wrote:
<quoted text>
From all reports Starbucks was doing quite well too and they got closed.
Big business makes no sense when it comes to things like this. They will leave five stores open that you can see from the front door of another store, but shut down the only one in some towns. That simply does not make sense to me.
I would rather close one or two that were in a very saturated population and leave some of the other ones alone. It just seems strange.
Yes, Starbuck seemed to be doing ok, but there were also numberous announcements that they were closing. PETCO would issue a press release if they were going to close a big number of stores.

Dodd City, TX

#30 Dec 4, 2008
simply - me wrote:
<quoted text>
They probably aren't.... Paris bullshit gossip will never change.
Strange rumor to start huh?
Garfield

Paris, TX

#31 Dec 4, 2008
..........if Petco is closing, I am gonna poop on their sidewalk..........every night!
Abacus Boy

Paris, TX

#32 Dec 4, 2008
in-towner wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Starbuck seemed to be doing ok, but there were also numberous announcements that they were closing. PETCO would issue a press release if they were going to close a big number of stores.
How many announcements?

Paris, TX

#33 Dec 4, 2008
Santa will be there to have pics made with the pets. My daughter said yesterday. So we can all go have pics made......

Paris, TX

#34 Dec 4, 2008
Sorry you need a date.....Sturday the 6th

Paris, TX

#35 Dec 4, 2008
in-towner wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Starbuck seemed to be doing ok, but there were also numberous announcements that they were closing. PETCO would issue a press release if they were going to close a big number of stores.
Starbuck also posted on their internet website the stores that they planned to close!

I agree if Petco were closing stores there would be a list there! OR on the news stations...noting has been said at all.
Ohh

Paris, TX

#36 Dec 5, 2008
Tejas Tex wrote:
<quoted text>
Starbuck also posted on their internet website the stores that they planned to close!
I agree if Petco were closing stores there would be a list there! OR on the news stations...noting has been said at all.
I went by there this morning about 2:00 and the doors were locked tight. There may be something to this store closing thing.I wish they would put some businesses in the other spaces. It looks kinda barren now.
Pet Lover

Paris, TX

#37 Dec 5, 2008
Ohh wrote:
<quoted text>I went by there this morning about 2:00 and the doors were locked tight. There may be something to this store closing thing.I wish they would put some businesses in the other spaces. It looks kinda barren now.
Are you sure they are supposed to be open at 2 AM?

LOL I think they close about 8 or 9 mabee 10.

Denton, TX

#38 Dec 6, 2008
Pet Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you sure they are supposed to be open at 2 AM?
LOL I think they close about 8 or 9 mabee 10.
I went by there yesterday they are still open.
2sassy

United States

#39 Dec 8, 2008
We definitely need a Khol's and a Target. I do like having Petco here too. I have a friend that works there and they haven't said anything to her about closing down.
liindydnil

Los Angeles, CA

#40 Dec 21, 2008
I found this thread when I searched for "Petco stores closing". I live in a suburb of Los Angeles CA. Tonight I stopped at one of my favorite Petco stores only to find they were having a clearance of everything in the store 10-60% off. This a Large store located at a busy major intersection. The cashier said the store was closing and the staff wasn't told why. I asked if all Petco stores would be closing, she claimed this was the only one in the local area......
Say What

Paris, TX

#41 Dec 21, 2008
I like the store but they are priced high on most items. I go to TSC or Atwoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People here in Paris really bitter 1 hr Psychology of bitter 20
How would you get from Paris to Dallas without ... 1 hr Well Now 16
PEDC comes through ! 2 hr Trump 8
PISD Football 2 hr Cajun 6
electrician needed 3 hr Retired 5
President Obama 3 hr For a fact 8
Play Chain Reaction (Oct '09) 4 hr _Zoey_ 6,785
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages