Petco is closing its doors!

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Oh my Gosh

Paris, TX

#1 Dec 1, 2008
I just heard from a reputable source that Petco is closing its doors at the end of the year. They are closing several stores to cut costs, and the Paris store is on the list. Can someone elaborate on this?
CrAzY

Paris, TX

#2 Dec 1, 2008
Oh my Gosh wrote:
I just heard from a reputable source that Petco is closing its doors at the end of the year. They are closing several stores to cut costs, and the Paris store is on the list. Can someone elaborate on this?
Thats crazy,,,,

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 1, 2008
I doubt it.

“Enjoy Life, Be Happy!”

Since: Aug 08

Blossom, TX

#4 Dec 1, 2008
Oh my Gosh wrote:
This is just crazy!!!!! sucks!!!!
Oh my Gosh

Paris, TX

#5 Dec 1, 2008
Just heard this come across my scanner... Petco will close its doors at midnight tonight. If you need any $85 dollar dogfood, or a $28 dollar collar, you better hurry.
CrAzY

Paris, TX

#6 Dec 1, 2008
Oh my Gosh wrote:
Just heard this come across my scanner... Petco will close its doors at midnight tonight. If you need any $85 dollar dogfood, or a $28 dollar collar, you better hurry.
THATS BULLSH$T
Curious

Paris, TX

#7 Dec 1, 2008
Oh my Gosh wrote:
I'm amazed that you could find a reputable source in Paris.....
cibil war

Paris, TX

#8 Dec 1, 2008
I just got back from Petco. As bad as I hate to admit it, it is true. Talked to one of the Parrots there. I asked it if the store was closing. It said "Squaaaaaaaakkk!" which I interpreted to mean "Yes kind sir, we are closing indeed."
problem

Paris, TX

#9 Dec 1, 2008
Oh my Gosh wrote:
There's no news, no list, no press release at all to indicate this. So, which other pet store do you work for?
whatever

Paris, TX

#10 Dec 1, 2008
this person starting this rumor is such a tool! get a life or a dog

Since: Nov 08

Paris, TX

#11 Dec 1, 2008
i doubt they are closing the doors, they seem to have been doing quite well

“I'll get you my pretty!”

Since: Jul 08

Over the Rainbow

#12 Dec 2, 2008
chloe2010 wrote:
i doubt they are closing the doors, they seem to have been doing quite well
From all reports Starbucks was doing quite well too and they got closed.

Big business makes no sense when it comes to things like this. They will leave five stores open that you can see from the front door of another store, but shut down the only one in some towns. That simply does not make sense to me.

I would rather close one or two that were in a very saturated population and leave some of the other ones alone. It just seems strange.
Suspicious

Paris, TX

#13 Dec 2, 2008
Anytime somebody says, "I got it from a reputable source" without specifying the source, you need a great big ol' grain of salt! It's pretty obvious oh my gosh is feeding the gullibles.

Since: Dec 08

Paris, TX

#15 Dec 2, 2008
yeah, they're probably closing, we need another tractor supply company slash pawn shop slash dollar store.

its gonna be an all-in-one.
just me

Schaumburg, IL

#16 Dec 2, 2008
Out-of-Towner wrote:
<quoted text>
From all reports Starbucks was doing quite well too and they got closed.
Big business makes no sense when it comes to things like this. They will leave five stores open that you can see from the front door of another store, but shut down the only one in some towns. That simply does not make sense to me.
I would rather close one or two that were in a very saturated population and leave some of the other ones alone. It just seems strange.
I can see why you could be confused as you seem to be clueless in general.

Georgetown, TX

#17 Dec 2, 2008
No offense to any of my fellow Parisians but that Petco store was dinky! That was the smallest Petco I think I have seen! Our Petco in Harker Heights (sister city to Killeen) is about 5 times that big. So is out Petsmart. Granted I live in a city that is 100,000+(not including Ft Hood which is about 50,000) but dang. If they are going to put in a chain like that make it worth while! Just MO.

....my parents shopped there this weekend when I was in town and they never led on to the rumor of it closing but who knows?

“Sleep eludes me.”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#18 Dec 2, 2008
I would rather see a Ross in that location. I would shop there more that Petco....Sorry, off topic, but I couldn't help but dream.

Georgetown, TX

#19 Dec 2, 2008
Itlldo wrote:
I would rather see a Ross in that location. I would shop there more that Petco....Sorry, off topic, but I couldn't help but dream.
Ross or Stein Mart would probably be a hit!

Georgetown, TX

#20 Dec 2, 2008
Itlldo wrote:
...or Khols
dad

Longview, TX

#21 Dec 2, 2008
Hilliard and son bought it, they are turning it into a mexican restaurant, should open in mid january

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nothing great, same old stuff! 16 min Kams 7
Anytime fitness vs. Paris Aquatics 53 min Bo Knows 15
Upscale restaurants in Paris? 3 hr Final Answer 11
PS4 repair 3 hr Help 1
Qualified Immunity 4 hr Grisham 78
Suggestions for short man complex 8 hr Grisham 14
wont stop 16 hr Poe folk 30
10 Things You Like, 10 Things You Dislike (Jun '08) Wed The Truth 190

Paris Jobs

More from around the web