EMS coordinator, police chief are among 39 City of Paris employees receiving merit raises

There are 20 comments on the Nov 26, 2012, EParis Extra story titled EMS coordinator, police chief are among 39 City of Paris employees receiving merit raises. In it, EParis Extra reports that:

City manager John Godwin has awarded merit raises to 39 City of Paris employees, including EMS coordinator Kent Klinkerman and police chief Bob Hundley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EParis Extra.

getreal

Paris, TX

#1 Nov 26, 2012
well, well, well......that's something, isn't it??? Hundley needs that extra cash so OMAR THE TENT MAKER can outfit him and the MRS!!! in my OPINION!!!
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

#2 Nov 26, 2012
Well, it really makes me mad that the new fire chief was overlooked.
Unacceptable.
Jim Crow

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Nov 26, 2012
Not a single black person, Hispanic, Native American or Asian on that list.
Shut your pie hole

Paris, TX

#5 Nov 26, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
Stop being a stupid niglit! There are none in positions of authority. Who deserved a raise? Typical of you "entitled" niglits to think that you deserve something just for being black!
Jim Crow

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Nov 26, 2012
Shut your pie hole wrote:
<quoted text>Stop being a stupid niglit! There are none in positions of authority. Who deserved a raise? Typical of you "entitled" niglits to think that you deserve something just for being black!
None in positions at all. Its you who think you're entitled. Otherwise you wouldn't be claiming only whites deserve raises. It doesn't take a brain to sit your white asses at a desk. Why don't you pull out your brain and refill the air? Obviously most of it has seeped out.
Shut your pie hole

Paris, TX

#7 Nov 26, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
None in positions at all. Its you who think you're entitled. Otherwise you wouldn't be claiming only whites deserve raises. It doesn't take a brain to sit your white asses at a desk. Why don't you pull out your brain and refill the air? Obviously most of it has seeped out.
There is a very good reason there are none in positions of authority! You can't run a damn thing! Look at every country in Africa. NONE of them are successful. Why? Because stupid n i g g l i t s like you don't know how to run anything! Wake up! You are never going to be in charge of anything. So shut your puke maker!
Jim Crow

Fort Worth, TX

#8 Nov 26, 2012
Shut your pie hole wrote:
<quoted text>There is a very good reason there are none in positions of authority! You can't run a damn thing! Look at every country in Africa. NONE of them are successful. Why? Because stupid n i g g l i t s like you don't know how to run anything! Wake up! You are never going to be in charge of anything. So shut your puke maker!
Really? I guess since you keep your head stuck up your ass nobody let you in on the fact that a black man is running America. Dummy.
Iseetypo

Paris, TX

#9 Nov 27, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I guess since you keep your head stuck up your ass nobody let you in on the fact that a black man is ruining America. Dummy.
correction made.
Not really

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I guess since you keep your head stuck up your ass nobody let you in on the fact that a black man is running America. Dummy.
thats right idiot a black man is running America so what's yor beef If blacks aren't in a boss job you're yelling discrimination You wouldn't be happy if blacks ran everything. Look dummy if blacks ran everything it would be so screwed up. Hey you guys are destroying America fast enough a few more years and America will just be another third world country thanks to the blacks Then you will be happy got back at that evil white devil. Just have patience jackass. It's not like your doing anything anyway but collecting that government money that is owed to you right those white devils. I hope your still living when they cut off those government checks due to America being bankrupt
really

Paris, TX

#11 Nov 27, 2012
There is one American Afican on the list, reread it Jim Crow, since you didn't read it the first time!
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#12 Nov 27, 2012
really wrote:
There is one American Afican on the list, reread it Jim Crow, since you didn't read it the first time!
I like your nomenclature.....first things first! They are American before they are African. Love it. Honestly, I do not see the need to distinguish between the races as far as being an American. If you are American, then you are American. There is no need to tell everyone that your heritage was originally from somewhere else. LOL.

Irish American
Russian American
Lithuanian American
Bosnian American
Saudi Arabian American
Iraqi American
Icelandic American
....you never hear of any of these guys trying to make a distiction!
Wrong

Paris, TX

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
And your point is?
LOL

Paris, TX

#14 Nov 27, 2012
Jim Crow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, running it right into the crapper.
GET obama OUT

Paris, TX

#16 Nov 27, 2012
Russell Thrasher wrote:
I'm especially curious why the EMS director is getting a raise? We have a horrible EMS service.
Are you asking a question? I don't understand the question mark at the end of your first sentence.

Don't you mean "!" ?
getreal

Paris, TX

#17 Nov 27, 2012
What sort of criteria determined MERIT?? If you are going to disclose the pay amounts, THEN DISCLOSE THE CRITERIA!! Brownest nose MAYBE???
getreal

Paris, TX

#18 Nov 28, 2012
getreal wrote:
What sort of criteria determined MERIT?? If you are going to disclose the pay amounts, THEN DISCLOSE THE CRITERIA!! Brownest nose MAYBE???
possibly. city manager hasn't been here long enough to be awarding merit based on much else.
Interesting

La Marque, TX

#19 Nov 28, 2012
Russell Thrasher wrote:
I'm especially curious why the EMS director is getting a raise? We have a horrible EMS service.
Funny, are you the Russell Thrasher that works for Paris EMS?
hayseed

Clarksville, TX

#20 Nov 29, 2012
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, are you the Russell Thrasher that works for Paris EMS?
It was obviously some prankster ribbing RT.
The REAL Russell Thrasher

Paris, TX

#21 Nov 29, 2012
Obviously someone with a sick sense of humor thinks its hilarious to make posts under my name. I challenge the perpetrator to stop being a coward, and post under your real name. You may do that or contact me directly and we will work it out like men. This is not remotely funny. Are we clear?
Russell G Thrasher, LP
Russell Thrasher wrote:
Interesting

La Marque, TX

#22 Nov 30, 2012
Here you go, Russell...

jb

Sec. 33.07. ONLINE IMPERSONATION.(a) A person commits an offense if the person, without obtaining the other person's consent and with the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate, or threaten any person, uses the name or persona of another person to:(1) create a web page on a commercial social networking site or other Internet website; or(2) post or send one or more messages on or through a commercial social networking site or other Internet website, other than on or through an electronic mail program or message board program.(b) A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or other item of identifying information belonging to any person:(1) without obtaining the other person's consent;(2) with the intent to cause a recipient of the communication to reasonably believe that the other person authorized or transmitted the communication; and(3) with the intent to harm or defraud any person.(c) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the third degree. An offense under Subsection (b) is a Class A misdemeanor, except that the offense is a felony of the third degree if the actor commits the offense with the intent to solicit a response by emergency personnel.(d) If conduct that constitutes an offense under this section also constitutes an offense under any other law, the actor may be prosecuted under this section, the other law, or both.(e) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor is any of the following entities or that the actor's conduct consisted solely of action taken as an employee of any of the following entities:(1) a commercial social networking site;(2) an Internet service provider;(3) an interactive computer service, as defined by 47 U.S.C. Section 230;(4) a telecommunications provider, as defined by Section 51.002, Utilities Code; or(5) a video service provider or cable service provider, as defined by Section 66.002, Utilities Code.(f) In this section:(1) "Commercial social networking site" means any business, organization, or other similar entity operating a website that permits persons to become registered users for the purpose of establishing personal relationships with other users through direct or real-time communication with other users or the creation of web pages or profiles available to the public or to other users. The term does not include an electronic mail program or a message board program.(2) "Identifying information" has the meaning assigned by Section 32.51.
Added by Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 911, Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2009.Amended by: Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 282, Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2011.Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 282, Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anybody else in town play MajorMUD? 2 hr elrohir 3
Make a Sentence Out Of a 5-Letter Word (Aug '10) 4 hr Trouser Cough 3,042
Whew.. a more difficult word game... (Sep '09) 4 hr Trouser Cough 7,375
4-Word Game (Oct '09) 4 hr Trouser Cough 5,368
Ricky Hayes and the PEDC new news 7 hr Waste of Money 8
Council to Ponder City Manager (Oct '10) 8 hr Rockportccgang 75
Paris Texas is full of druggies and pill heads 8 hr reader 7
arrogance 20 hr THEY HAVE NO SHAME 28
More from around the web

Paris People Search