Credit Card Services (company) - Scam?

Credit Card Services (company) - Scam?

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JoJo

Jackson, TN

#1 Oct 23, 2012
I have received numerous calls from this company lately. An automated system begins playing a pre-recorded message. The message informs you that you are being contacted about your credit cards and it is regarding lowering your interest rate. It then gives you the option to: Press "1" to be taken off of the call list / Press "2" to speak to a representative about lowering your interest rate. I've pressed "1" the last two times...and even connected to a rep one time and told them to take me off of the list as well. The service is said to cost the cardholder NOTHING, but instead they get paid by credit card companies for keeping customer retention up. I researched this company, and I have heard a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have any facts they can share with me? Has anyone actually been a victim of CCS? Has anyone actually successfully lowered their interest rate through CCS without being charged?
juan

Tyler, TX

#2 Oct 23, 2012
JoJo wrote:
I have received numerous calls from this company lately. An automated system begins playing a pre-recorded message. The message informs you that you are being contacted about your credit cards and it is regarding lowering your interest rate. It then gives you the option to: Press "1" to be taken off of the call list / Press "2" to speak to a representative about lowering your interest rate. I've pressed "1" the last two times...and even connected to a rep one time and told them to take me off of the list as well. The service is said to cost the cardholder NOTHING, but instead they get paid by credit card companies for keeping customer retention up. I researched this company, and I have heard a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have any facts they can share with me? Has anyone actually been a victim of CCS? Has anyone actually successfully lowered their interest rate through CCS without being charged?
It is a scam. You are a dumbass if you think otherwise.
KEEP YOUR CHANGE

Paris, TN

#3 Oct 24, 2012
I have had the same experiences, even though I am on the national do not call list. I have filed many, many complaints with the government; after all it is there system, with no results. I have found that if you stay on the line until they answer, and then unload every vile, nasty, and repulsive insult you can think of, they hang up on you. And for a bonus, it is usually a few weeks before they call back. This weekend, I am going to get an air horn for the next time they call. It doesn’t the problem, but it sure releases a lot of pent up frustration.
JoJo

Paris, TN

#4 Oct 24, 2012
KEEP YOUR CHANGE wrote:
I have had the same experiences, even though I am on the national do not call list. I have filed many, many complaints with the government; after all it is there system, with no results. I have found that if you stay on the line until they answer, and then unload every vile, nasty, and repulsive insult you can think of, they hang up on you. And for a bonus, it is usually a few weeks before they call back. This weekend, I am going to get an air horn for the next time they call. It doesn’t the problem, but it sure releases a lot of pent up frustration.
Haha, I completely agree that the airhorn is the best solution. I just tried having fun with it by leading them on for most of the day. I told her I didn't have the card on me, but I was extremely interested and I would like to call back when I could give my account info. But if you ask what number they can be reached at... their explanation is that you won't be able to contact them, but they will be happy to call you back, just tell them how long you need or what time would be convenient. I did that 2 different times to test the reps eagerness. When I got my 3rd call, I just explained that I wasn't an idiot. It does allow you to release a little frustration.
JoJo

Paris, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2012
juan wrote:
<quoted text>It is a scam. You are a dumbass if you think otherwise.
Thanks for the advice. Bud.
interested

Kingsport, TN

#6 Oct 24, 2012
JoJo wrote:
I have received numerous calls from this company lately. An automated system begins playing a pre-recorded message. The message informs you that you are being contacted about your credit cards and it is regarding lowering your interest rate. It then gives you the option to: Press "1" to be taken off of the call list / Press "2" to speak to a representative about lowering your interest rate. I've pressed "1" the last two times...and even connected to a rep one time and told them to take me off of the list as well. The service is said to cost the cardholder NOTHING, but instead they get paid by credit card companies for keeping customer retention up. I researched this company, and I have heard a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have any facts they can share with me? Has anyone actually been a victim of CCS? Has anyone actually successfully lowered their interest rate through CCS without being charged?
I get them calls three or four times a day. They want your information so they can rob you. It is always from a different number.Sometimes letting your answering machine pick it up helps, because it is a machine talking to a machine.
crazy people

United States

#7 Oct 24, 2012
Called me several times... don't answer or pick up and hang up... don't give them any information.

The Feds know this and they are working to stop it... or at least that is what a news report said.
JoJo

Henderson, TN

#8 Oct 24, 2012
crazy people wrote:
Called me several times... don't answer or pick up and hang up... don't give them any information.
The Feds know this and they are working to stop it... or at least that is what a news report said.
I was wondering if they had any intentions to shut them down or not. Hopefully they will atleast investigate to find out the number of unauthorized transactions reported against them or something. I read that they basically operate through loop holes in the law because they do provide a "service" (AKA: calling your credit provider and asking if they have any promotional offers for lower interest rates that available to you) They charge an astronomical amount though after telling you there is no cost. Seems like something the Feds could prosecute I would think. I've heard too many pitiful stories about victims - including elderly widows living off of social security

Since: May 12

Paris, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2012
I got those calls multiple times a day. Once, I decided to actually speak with a guy. I told him I had consolidated all my cards and I had an interest of 2.5%(all lies of course, I only have one credit card and I don't use it unless it's for travel). He told me that he couldn't help me and that I was doing well on my own. I haven't received another call since then.

Before then, I've tried asking to be removed (only to get a call 1 hour later), telling them that I don't have credit cards, and telling them that I am not interested.

Maybe try that.
Disgusted

United States

#10 Nov 21, 2012
If you research it online you will see that this company is a scam. They are calling everyone incessantly . We get at least 3 calls from them today. I have tried everything ...reported them called the phone company even blew a whistle in their ear when they picked up. They still call. Do not I repeat do not give them your credit card number!
PKS

Tuscola, IL

#11 Dec 11, 2012
KEEP YOUR CHANGE wrote:
I have had the same experiences, even though I am on the national do not call list. I have filed many, many complaints with the government; after all it is there system, with no results. I have found that if you stay on the line until they answer, and then unload every vile, nasty, and repulsive insult you can think of, they hang up on you. And for a bonus, it is usually a few weeks before they call back. This weekend, I am going to get an air horn for the next time they call. It doesn’t the problem, but it sure releases a lot of pent up frustration.
They will hang up on you if you just say "pretty please with sugar on top will you take me off your list very kind person?"..........CLICK.. ........ Yeah, tried doing that about 50 times. Air horn...now THERE'S a great idea...and I've been saying I'm getting one of those, too. Can't stand these people.
PKS

Tuscola, IL

#12 Dec 11, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
If you research it online you will see that this company is a scam. They are calling everyone incessantly . We get at least 3 calls from them today. I have tried everything ...reported them called the phone company even blew a whistle in their ear when they picked up. They still call. Do not I repeat do not give them your credit card number!
You are on a rolling list in a computer...it dials the number...if you pick up, then an agent picks up, too. They have no control over who calls you, so they won't stop calling. Ever!
Disgusted

United States

#13 Jan 29, 2013
The last time I waited for them to answer and told them I had filed bankruptcy and I needed a credit card...could you help me? Guess what? They STILL call!
Jenkins

Paris, TN

#14 Jan 29, 2013
The Do Not Call registry is about as useful as tits on a boar hog. Get a whistle and when you get one of the stupid bastards on the line blow the hell out of it. They'll learn not to bother you soon enough.
hello

College Grove, TN

#15 Jan 29, 2013
we get calls every day like that so my husband did uses an air horn on one call and the caller just laughed and said that's funny and we still get calls, day and night
jenkins

Paris, TN

#16 Jan 29, 2013
Is an air horn the same as a whistle? No.
Steve in Ringwood

Hawthorne, NJ

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Please sign this petition to prosecute "Ann from Credit Card Services".
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/put...
Wayne

Lowell, MA

#20 Feb 5, 2013
Nothing works, I usually request to talk to an agent and when they answer they hang up on me before I talk. This indicates to me they must have some record as to how they respond? If the Gov has their address, why can't something be done. It does take a few seconds before the robo message plays, I don't wait that long before I now hang up. Our preference is they do not call at all and if anyone knows how to stop this, let me know? I would do the air horn thing except now they don't give me a chance. With this digital world we live in, you would think someone would come up with an excellent countermeasure?
Spanky

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Feb 6, 2013
JoJo wrote:
I have received numerous calls from this company lately. An automated system begins playing a pre-recorded message. The message informs you that you are being contacted about your credit cards and it is regarding lowering your interest rate. It then gives you the option to: Press "1" to be taken off of the call list / Press "2" to speak to a representative about lowering your interest rate. I've pressed "1" the last two times...and even connected to a rep one time and told them to take me off of the list as well. The service is said to cost the cardholder NOTHING, but instead they get paid by credit card companies for keeping customer retention up. I researched this company, and I have heard a lot of mixed information. Does anyone have any facts they can share with me? Has anyone actually been a victim of CCS? Has anyone actually successfully lowered their interest rate through CCS without being charged?
02/07/2013 They are still at it BUT they may now be calling themselves "Consumer Services" but it sounds like the same system. They always call in on a different area code and phone number. If you try to call that number they say that the number has been disconnected. We are also on the National DO NOT CALL list for both land lines and cellphones but they choose to ignore it. Have also filed notices with the Federal Government but nothing happens. Both cellphone company and land line company want to charge us to place blocks on the lines but even that might not work because it is on a different line evertime they call.
Jimmy

Ajax, Canada

#22 Jul 22, 2013
As soon as I told the woman I was searching her "Credit Card Services" company on Google right away, she hung up on me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I cant fake it anymore 5 hr Been there 3 9
Blue Chevy Suburban? 6 hr Jessica 21
Curious 6 hr someone 3
Will Fottest 7 hr yep 27
working girls 8 hr Yes 12
Tessa dawn 8 hr fact 2
Heather pierpoint 9 hr IKnowHer 2

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages