Does Paris need a second high school?

Does Paris need a second high school?

Posted in the Paris Forum

Just my thought

United States

#1 May 31, 2012
Should Paris consider building a second high school?
reality check

Indianapolis, IN

#2 May 31, 2012
we have 2 high schools grove and hchs. not sure why we would need another
Dirty

Bristol, TN

#3 May 31, 2012
I think that Paris Special and Henry County school systems should consolidate into a single system. There is no need for our tax dollars to pay for two separate systems in this area especially. We do not need to be paying big dollars for two superintendents and their deputies and staff.
Answer you did not want

United States

#4 May 31, 2012
reality check wrote:
we have 2 high schools grove and hchs. not sure why we would need another
Wrong... Grove is only the ninth grade... the high school has 10th, 11th and 12th grades.
Resident

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2012
Dirty wrote:
I think that Paris Special and Henry County school systems should consolidate into a single system. There is no need for our tax dollars to pay for two separate systems in this area especially. We do not need to be paying big dollars for two superintendents and their deputies and staff.
Agree 100%
CCC

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jun 1, 2012
Paris doesn't need another HS.
NotBotheringtoLo gIn

Kingsport, TN

#7 Jun 2, 2012
Answer you did not want wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong... Grove is only the ninth grade... the high school has 10th, 11th and 12th grades.
I still can't really grasp why they do that.
citizen

Paris, TN

#8 Jun 2, 2012
NotBotheringtoLogIn wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they can all fit into the high school
Answer you did not want

United States

#9 Jun 2, 2012
NotBotheringtoLogIn wrote:
<quoted text>
Best I can remember it was because someone (?) in the county school system saw where another system did this. It was thought that the 9th grade in a location by itself would make the students better adjusted when then entered the 10th grade.

I question if that makes much sense or not. When I was at Grove we had Jr. High, 7-8&9 and then we went up to what we called the "hill" for the 10-11&12... I don't remember there being much of a change from the 9th to the 10th.

But, now that the county school system just spent $5 million on a new building it's not likely to change anytime soon.

Also, as someone said, if the 9th grade was moved to the current high school there would be no room... true.

Before this new building was built I had suggested we move the 9th grade back to the high school, but first it would require a new high school. But, as you can see that didn't happen.

I don't see much difference in going from the 8th grade to the 9th than it would be going from the 9th to the 10th... that's why I suggested putting the 9th grade back in the high school and then build a secon high school. But, what do I know!!!

This is always a possibility, but it will be another 10 years before that happens unless Henry County suddenly has a population/growing boom and the current high school become seriously overcrowded.
stewdent

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jun 2, 2012
wi lurn soo munch wif won skool i thenk et wood bee greet ef wi hads too hi skools, thin wii culd lurn evun betur. hinry conty haz sun uf tha bist skools en tha wurld.
citizen

Kingsport, TN

#11 Jun 2, 2012
Haha
Unnecessary

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jun 4, 2012
We do not need two high schools. Grove is a transition of the county/city schools to ease students into high school. Personally, I think we need to focus on narrowing the education gap between schools rather than wasting money on another school. When I was there it seemed that some of the county schools were further behind than others. Also, I think that Juniors and Seniors need more career planning... Not everyone is going to make it to college and not everyone knows other options available. It's not only a problem with the high school, but it is critical for these students to understand what is truly out there once they graduate.
City kid

United States

#13 Jul 1, 2012
I went to city schools growing up, and I really wish the city system had a high school! I think I would have been more prepared for college after graduation. The learning experiences i encountered in PSSD completely surpassed those from the county system. I was so bored at Grove and the HS because we weren't being challenged like we were at Inman. I would have been much better off in a city high school!
Just my thought

East Berlin, CT

#14 Jul 1, 2012
Good reason... glad someone else agrees.
Past Student

Bristol, TN

#15 Jul 4, 2012
Yes, we need a private Christian School to also teach good values and morals. Check out the mennonite schools. Turning out good and godly people not the thuggish druggish copycats being turned out now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Set Me Free thrift store 49 min Andrea Gardner 21
Sarah Allen 3 hr SheBegsForIt 24
Chris Willoughby 8 hr Dale W 15
Info 9 hr mDD 2
Charity girl in coma from flu 11 hr .. 6
Andrea Gardner 12 hr Andrea Garner 1
Best pharmacy to use in paris 13 hr JJMC 14

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance