PAris Tennessee
Laura

AOL

#1 Sep 3, 2007
How is PAris for young adults to get a job that will support living on their own? Any suggestions on jobs in or around Paris? Thnks
JIM JONES

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2007
IF YOU WANT TO WORK AT MCDONALDS OR WAL-MART THAT IS ALL THERE IS HERE. WOULD NOT COUNT ON THE FEW FACTORYS THAT ARE HERE IT IS RUMORED THAT THEY WILL BE LEAVING VERY SOON.
doglady

Sweetwater, TN

#3 Sep 4, 2007
I have to agree. My son finds it very hard to find a job here. Seems the fast food and service industries are the few options and those are hard to get here. I worked in Jackson for a while, and some go to Murray Ky for employment. It is difficult, to say the least.
Jerome Cullums

Clarksville, TN

#4 Sep 4, 2007
The community has little to offer young people. Most either leave after high school, or stay and become drug addicts and/or alcoholics. It is very sad, indeed.
Our system isn't working. We keep lining up at Wal-Mart to buy goods made in Bagladesh, Pakistan, and China.
If you remember, when Sam Walton was alive, all of the WalMart trucks you saw had the American flag displayed with "Buy American" on the sides. It is so sad to see those ideals gone. It's like a race to the bottom.
No jobs, an aging population, no future for the young.
Where are we headed?
snowfox711

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Sep 6, 2007
We own a farm in Mansfield Tennessee. Our daughter tried to live there and came back to Las Vegas 4 months later. She could not find a decent job at all.. Paris and Mansfield Tennessee are beautiful places with wonderful people, but trying to earn a fair living for young people is almost impossible. Unless you are independently wealthy or like us, going to retire, stay closer to Memphis, Jackson or Nashville.
MR WARREN

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2007
There are plenty of good jobs in Paris,Tn. All over the place. And they pay very well. The Churches here are a good place to start can make good money working for them.We offer a variety of positions for young men and women.
lusciouslilly

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2007
they only jobs available here....is the door greeter and wal-mart....and selling drugs...that's it in a nutshell
Darlene

United States

#8 Oct 31, 2007
There are jobs here depending on your education, especially in the medical field. There is a shortage of nurses, technicians, aides, and even doctors. Fast food is another. It all depends on your versatility...basically, Paris is a retirement community.
Darlene

United States

#9 Oct 31, 2007
There are jobs here depending on your education, especially in the medical field. There is a shortage of nurses, technicians, aides, and even doctors. Fast food is another. It all depends on your versatility...basically, Paris is a retirement community.
joanne

Paris, TN

#10 Sep 10, 2010
There are no jobs good or bad in paris,tn.I don't know where Mr.Warren gets his information on "church jobs".The congregation of a church does the "CHURCH WORK".Most of the young adults end up leaving the county to find decent paying jobs.Our mayor and commissioners have turned this into a retirement community.
yank

Denver, CO

#11 Sep 10, 2010
Jerome Cullums wrote:
The community has little to offer young people. Most either leave after high school, or stay and become drug addicts and/or alcoholics. It is very sad, indeed.
Our system isn't working. We keep lining up at Wal-Mart to buy goods made in Bagladesh, Pakistan, and China.
If you remember, when Sam Walton was alive, all of the WalMart trucks you saw had the American flag displayed with "Buy American" on the sides. It is so sad to see those ideals gone. It's like a race to the bottom.
No jobs, an aging population, no future for the young.
Where are we headed?
I do not know about the job market there, but I have to totally agree with you in regards to WALMART. The founder was 100% American made but when the kids took over it became what can they buy the cheapest regardless as to where it is made. Sad situation but that's what our country has come to.
In the know

United States

#12 Sep 10, 2010
Paris is a wonderful place to live, however the unemployment rate is about 13%. If you don't have a job lined up before you get here, beware. The county is content in luring the retirement crowd, and advertising the lake. I know when my children grow up, they will be moving from here to make a life for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tanner carter 24 min LLc27 23
Hannah Strickland 42 min Hannah 15
Robin's baby. 1 hr Robin 9
Hannah Thompson 1 hr CrazyBitch 1
hcmc summons (Jul '14) 1 hr user 26
Seriously, does NOBODY know why all the activit... 2 hr Lol 10
Monogram 3 hr Help please 1

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance