Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,583

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story

“Unknown”

Since: Sep 12

Kingsport

#6405 Sep 16, 2012
The PoPo wrote:
immunizations should be mandated
You have anything to back up your claims or you just going to quote government provided statistics, saying that you should?
A drs daughter

Winchester, TN

#6406 Sep 16, 2012
Sir Unknown:

I applaud you and your posts. Am posting this just to show you - from a doctor's daughter ...that there ARE people waking up. Me for one. Never in a million yrs would I have EVER dreamed that I would go against the things my father believed in/practiced. It took a long time - but I am truly awake now. God rest his soul but I knew he
was only trYing to help . He loved people... He didn't realize what ALL was up with the FDA and big pharma , I assure you...

Anyway... applause!!!
Keep up the good work in trying to educate others of the vaccine dangers, ETC!

Listen to the man, folks!
Bob

Johnson City, TN

#6421 Sep 17, 2012
Excellent point and I agree. We had to pay for our childrens' vaccinations. I never thought someone else should foot the bill. With parenthood comes responsibility and it's a big one!
Haha

Livingston, TN

#6422 Sep 17, 2012
This toxic winner-take-all politics has been complicated by a corporate mainstream media largely complicit with a right that has the deep pockets to keep the mainstream media afloat with hefty advertising revenue, and an American public that is, generally speaking, of limited education (the phrase “dumbed down” is repeated often of late) and given to manipulation because it tends to operate more on belief and myth than facts. Many voters are simply poorly informed. While a large number of U.S. citizens are angry and loudly belligerent, another large number are apathetic. A third group appear to be confused. Suggestions have been made that today’s United States shares uncomfortable similarities with the Weimar Republic that preceded the Third Reich.
Americans are noted for their “hating politics” but yet are quick to express heated political opinions. For example, they are not shy about their opinions about economics. They don’t seem to fully appreciate the cause of the current fiscal crisis that began in late 2007. The United States shows all the signs of an oligarchy, and it is seeing the most severe economic inequality in its history. Its economy is under siege, yet very few voters have had exposure to economics, its history or any other history. The fine points of such economic terms as aggregate demand and supply and demand elude them and they seem to embrace the myth of “trickle down” economics, and appear not to know that it is the middle class that drives the U.S. economy. Further, the public is unaware that America’s Great Middle Class was not a natural outgrowth of the nation’s economic system. It was, as Robert Parry has pointed out:“the creation of the federal government and especially the New Deal” of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Americans have what has been called terminal historical amnesia, but they also seem oblivious to current conditions resulting from the Great Recession. A 2012 study reveals that almost half of all Americans are dying virtually penniless.
The right-wing extremist party of authoritarians has been working to disenfranchise American voters and they are spending millions of dollars to buy the 2012 elections. The 5-4 ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court in January 2010: Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that held that corporations are citizens has permitted a flooding of corporate money that corrupts our electoral process (already imperfect) on an unimagined scale. Money is suffocating our politics and our very democracy.
Period

Milan, TN

#6423 Sep 17, 2012
NO
bush

Cookeville, TN

#6425 Sep 18, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
if the mexicans dont then why should americans?
Wild

United States

#6426 Sep 18, 2012
Whooping cough is on the rise you idots!!!! When your kid gets it then you can blame your own stupid self.

“Unknown”

Kingsport

#6427 Sep 18, 2012
Wild wrote:
Whooping cough is on the rise you idots!!!! When your kid gets it then you can blame your own stupid self.
Right...like pertussis is the REAL sickness to worry about...Why dont you actually read what the vaccine ALONE can do, that "protects" your child from, a bad coughing disease.

Vaccines and modern medicine is what destroys, immune systems and creates WAY worse diseases down the road for children. I have no idea how civilizations even made it, without "super" shots from doctors? Crazy to think about all the healthy children that made it,without receiving any immunizations at all huh? Or maybe you could reply, what about polio? I would recommend looking back at that very disease and learning its true origins or any disease(s) you may use to differ my "opinion".

What happens when children collect ignorance of parents, and are shown only biased ways of thinking?..False hopes,boundary lines,racism,political ties,man made religions,fears, and so many absent minded thought processes. Not saying you are providing such environments, but based on your comments it sounds to me, your doing some of those exact things.

That is a VERY deadly and unproductive future citizen, which can do way more damage than any disease known to man.

Where do you think ALL of these diseases come from? Guess they just appear from thin air? Or maybe a magical dirty fan, blows it them across the country? About 90% of "diseases" are self inflicted or made in a fucking lab, by our very own "medicine providers". Im not into a giant conspiracy, im living in the giant conspiracy of people who will literally, believe ANYTHING they are told by ANY source. Self preservation has turned into, blind immoral reasoning with major ego inflation.

If anymore questions, then by all means ask, or if you would like to retort with knowledge then im your "huckleberry".

Critical Thinking 101 - Provided by legit research and a open mind.

Filtered and spat out by an obnoxious asshole, with nothing but positive intentions and willpower, that will hopefully be heard in the background, of all the front runners, who have been trying to warn the masses for decades now.

I only want truth and compassion from every human. If it takes "deep" cuts in a humans ego to get there, then by all means hand me the scalpel.

Take care and much love
DTG

Winchester, TN

#6429 Sep 19, 2012
Wild wrote:
13 Sep – Two years ago, Jim West (HARPUB) predicted the link between whooping cough (pertussis) outbreaks and pesticide spraying; noting that, in California, counties that have no quarantine or spray programs report no incidents of pertussis, while counties that have such programs do (see chart).

Last month, Dallas-Fort Worth officials began spraying programs to combat an alleged West Nile outbreak and, as West predicted, Pertussis cases were reported.

Please read -MORE at link:
http://www.omsj.org/blogs/whooping-con-outbre...

Since: Jul 12

United States

#6430 Sep 19, 2012
lol funny wrote:
I think yes shots should be mandated for the health and safety of our children. In the past 2 months children have gone over sea's and come back w/ whopping cough and mumps because those countries don't mandate or can't afford shots. I watched a program that said they did research on shots and autism they said the shots had nothing to do w/ it. I don't know if they do or not but seems to me if they did more kids would get autism especially since the shots now are the shots our parents and we got. When you decide to have children you take on their wants and needs no the government shouldn't have to pay for anybody's kids. The parents should pay for their health care, food, education, etc that's most of the problem w/ government today ppl except the government to pay for everything which is us the tax payers not the government.
The shots they give children nowdays ARE NOT THE SAME as what they gave to us in the 60's, 70's. Now they are putting mercury in them, along with other things that we don't need, or has anything to do with what they are trying to control. Don't be ignorant folks, do your homework. Don't just ask your doctor about whats in these shots, they are all for giving shots.

If you want the truth about whats in the immunizations these days, ask a Chiropractor.
Gail

Jackson, TN

#6431 Sep 19, 2012
Vaccinations are important. They seem different now as compared to when I was young.
Geeze

Mcminnville, TN

#6432 Sep 19, 2012
Wild wrote:
97,1% of pertussis cases were fully vaccinated.

Maybe pertussis, like the mumps vaccine, simply doesn't work.
Wow

United States

#6433 Sep 19, 2012
Okay here is my opinion on some of your statements. If my child is not vaccinated (which he isn't) stopped his shots at 6 months of age. He is now 3 and completely healthy. If your shots work why is everyone worried about my child who has had no shots. Also its not true about your child has to have his shots to attend school just a scare tactic from the public school system saying your child has to have shots to attend school completely untrue. With all the junk that are in these vaccines that is why I refuse them for my child. For one thermisol (spell ck.) which is a mercury based ingredient. Isn't that why they did away with mercury based thermometers yet your letting your doctor inject that into a small child. Well not me. Request the package insert the next time you give your child a vaccination and then do the research on what is in some of them. So I believe the state should not mandate vaccinations it should be the parents choice.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#6435 Sep 21, 2012
"Swine Flu Vaccine Linked To Child Narcolepsy."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/09/22/swine-f...
Sally M

United States

#6436 Sep 23, 2012
N0...
lepper

Lafayette, TN

#6437 Sep 23, 2012
Yes
blueeyes

Cookeville, TN

#6439 Sep 25, 2012
I have to say i agree with you on a few things as far as taking care of your childrens health care, food ect., but do not agree with the fact of immunizations being forced. I work in the health care field myself and with all the research i have done over the years, i have found out that there are links to immunizations and autism for that matter other effects it also has on children. I do understand with traveling to other countries are high risks for all kinds of diseases, there are precaustions for those as well. Our bodies are capable of healing themselves without all these medicines being pushed on to people, but that is what only people are taught and know. It comes down to money most of the time. Man made drugs put into our bodies is not the answer. I beleive in natural healing as i had an illness I thought antibiotics was the answer but no to find out what has been healing me was the education on natural medicines.
WTH

Manchester, TN

#6440 Sep 25, 2012
blueeyes wrote:
I have to say i agree with you on a few things as far as taking care of your childrens health care, food ect., but do not agree with the fact of immunizations being forced. I work in the health care field myself and with all the research i have done over the years, i have found out that there are links to immunizations and autism for that matter other effects it also has on children. I do understand with traveling to other countries are high risks for all kinds of diseases, there are precaustions for those as well. Our bodies are capable of healing themselves without all these medicines being pushed on to people, but that is what only people are taught and know. It comes down to money most of the time. Man made drugs put into our bodies is not the answer. I beleive in natural healing as i had an illness I thought antibiotics was the answer but no to find out what has been healing me was the education on natural medicines.
Good to see someone into natural healing.Do you by any chance know what might help for long standing Lyme Disease?

Location hidden

#6441 Sep 25, 2012
Yuuupppp
hmmmm

Johnson City, TN

#6442 Sep 25, 2012
Just had to post on here. My son (who has had all of his vaccinations by the way) was just diagnosed with measles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angela Wells 28 min Observer 36
William Shaw do you think you can sleep with a ... 8 hr KING 9
Susie Fowlkes (May '14) 8 hr not from paris 63
Andrea Garner Henne Petko Sat Questions 12
Dan Jackson? Sat poop mouth 3
Hansel McCadams defeated because he violated th... Fri outlaw 8
Larry Bryd Dec 19 concerned 1
Paris Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web