Combining Bourbon County & Paris Park...
inyourshoes

Pikeville, KY

#21 Jan 16, 2009
Rodney listen to the "parents" suggestions about all the necessities Garrad Park need to allow the Little League program to expand. The parents pushed that issue, not Rodney. Maybe you are right about Commissioner Thornton not liking Rodney-Nobody said he didn't like him as a person, just as a park director. Sosby would bring honesty to the community in where the donated funds are disbursed throughout the program instead of not turning in a budget as required. Remember that......I like Rodney, but I think the park needs different guidance. Sosby isn't going to let the parents run the program, he's just considerate enough to listen to the concerns of the parents from previous experience with past directors. I personally would like to see a Bowling Alley open up for the children so our kids don't have to use our home base in Winchester when we have bowling matches. Think Commissioner Thornton would listen to a little pee-on like me?:)
Computer Lady

Mount Sterling, KY

#22 Jan 16, 2009
inyourshoes wrote:
Rodney listen to the "parents" suggestions about all the necessities Garrad Park need to allow the Little League program to expand. The parents pushed that issue, not Rodney. Maybe you are right about Commissioner Thornton not liking Rodney-Nobody said he didn't like him as a person, just as a park director. Sosby would bring honesty to the community in where the donated funds are disbursed throughout the program instead of not turning in a budget as required. Remember that......I like Rodney, but I think the park needs different guidance. Sosby isn't going to let the parents run the program, he's just considerate enough to listen to the concerns of the parents from previous experience with past directors. I personally would like to see a Bowling Alley open up for the children so our kids don't have to use our home base in Winchester when we have bowling matches. Think Commissioner Thornton would listen to a little pee-on like me?:)
Way to hide behind the computer screen Thornton! Your not that slick yet. Or hard to figure out. YOU'RE FACTS ARE ALL KINDS OF SCREWED UP WITH THIS POST ABOVE. Thorton, a question for you. Were you present at the parent committee meetings as I was to hear what was actually being said and presented by whom. As I can recall, I NEVER saw you or any commissioner present. So, before you decide to post false accusations, get your shit straight.
Are you incenuating that Roe wsan't honest with the Little League? I beg to differ. And who appointed John Sosby as "Savior" of Bourbon County? John Sosby is a busy man already. He has the Bingo center, he is chairman of the fair committee, works {or is suppossed to work} 20 hours a week at Legion Park, he is the head of the horse museum on Winchester Street, so will someone PLEASE tell me when the "SAVIOR" of Bourbon County will have a second for the children of our community. My strong opinion on this is that John Sosby needs to be realistic with the hours in a week. Just as Thorton is money hungry so is John Sosby. All Sosby cares about is how much more he can control in this city and how much money he can place in his very own pocket.
Republican Lady

Salt Lake City, UT

#23 Jan 16, 2009
Computer Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to hide behind the computer screen Thornton! Your not that slick yet. Or hard to figure out. YOU'RE FACTS ARE ALL KINDS OF SCREWED UP WITH THIS POST ABOVE. Thorton, a question for you. Were you present at the parent committee meetings as I was to hear what was actually being said and presented by whom. As I can recall, I NEVER saw you or any commissioner present. So, before you decide to post false accusations, get your shit straight.
Are you incenuating that Roe wsan't honest with the Little League? I beg to differ. And who appointed John Sosby as "Savior" of Bourbon County? John Sosby is a busy man already. He has the Bingo center, he is chairman of the fair committee, works {or is suppossed to work} 20 hours a week at Legion Park, he is the head of the horse museum on Winchester Street, so will someone PLEASE tell me when the "SAVIOR" of Bourbon County will have a second for the children of our community. My strong opinion on this is that John Sosby needs to be realistic with the hours in a week. Just as Thorton is money hungry so is John Sosby. All Sosby cares about is how much more he can control in this city and how much money he can place in his very own pocket.
Wow, Computer Lady, and they think I lay things on the line (no pun intended)! You might be taking over my throne! LOL :)
inyourshoes

Pikeville, KY

#24 Jan 16, 2009
Thornton?....but anyway Computer Lady.....let's hear who you think should head our parks? How do you think it should be managed? How much do you think someone should bid to direct these parks? Do you think Rodney should continue to direct Garrad Park only? It's my understanding that Johnh Sosby wants to do this because he wants to not because he has to...and don't you think Mike Thornton has enough money in his pocket with his business not to care about the commissioner pay to have to deal with public B/S? He does it because he cares also. You don't have to be present at any meeting to understand the need for a community by the way. All you have to do is listen.
im a part

Pikeville, KY

#25 Jan 16, 2009
There are actually 5 of us that answer inyourshoes comments just to let you know. It's not one person's decision to answer, we vote on what's said just. We come as a group. Sorry for any confusion. We don't have anything else to do during slow times at work. :)
Republican Lady

Salt Lake City, UT

#26 Jan 16, 2009
inyourshoes wrote:
Thornton?....but anyway Computer Lady.....let's hear who you think should head our parks? How do you think it should be managed? How much do you think someone should bid to direct these parks? Do you think Rodney should continue to direct Garrad Park only? It's my understanding that Johnh Sosby wants to do this because he wants to not because he has to...and don't you think Mike Thornton has enough money in his pocket with his business not to care about the commissioner pay to have to deal with public B/S? He does it because he cares also. You don't have to be present at any meeting to understand the need for a community by the way. All you have to do is listen.
I know you directed this to Computer Lady, but I wanted to say, I see nothing wrong with John Sosby running the City Park. I have said all along he has been a great contributor to our community.

But my question was and is, if they take bids for this job, why and how could/would the process be put on hold to make a proposal to someone else?
If that is so, that could cause a lawsuit out of this world.
Where did the City's Legal Advisor stand on this and what input did he have?

This is a very legit question.

“Concerned Citizen - PKY”

Since: May 08

PKY

#27 Jan 16, 2009
Computer Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
John Sosby is a great man!!!!!! He is genuinely concerned about our community, including the youth programs. He is also an honest man. He would make sure things were done properly.

Maybe Paris needs a “savior” because the programs as they are now are not much…… You must not know Mr. Sosby personally or you would not be making these comments about him. He is only trying to make our community a better place for everyone. How dare you???????
Bluegrass belle

Mount Sterling, KY

#28 Jan 16, 2009
Good to know this stuff for future reference....
Pariskid

Mount Sterling, KY

#29 Jan 16, 2009
John Sosby are you kidding me? Have any of you actually played on any of the fields at legion park, they are horrible and if remember correctly John Sosby built those fields. Dont get me wrong he is a great guy, but he cannot run any kind of baseball program. If it rains on those fields out there it takes a week to straighten them back out, as for 1 day at garrad park. Ask any parent that had a girl play in his fastpitch program, and they will tell you it was a disaster. As for Rodney working for Mr. Sosby, that will never happen. Why would he work for him when he could do a much better job by hisself, and cheaper too. This is not a farm it is a little league program. Legion parks infields look like a tobacco patch!!!!!!!!

Mike Thorton must be gonna get a little kick back on this, as to why he is pushing it so hard. If he dont like Rodney why not tell him to his face instead of kissing his ass every time he is around and telling him that the other commissioners are the ones that want this.

PKY

#30 Jan 16, 2009
Pariskid wrote:
John Sosby are you kidding me? Have any of you actually played on any of the fields at legion park, they are horrible and if remember correctly John Sosby built those fields. Dont get me wrong he is a great guy, but he cannot run any kind of baseball program. If it rains on those fields out there it takes a week to straighten them back out, as for 1 day at garrad park. Ask any parent that had a girl play in his fastpitch program, and they will tell you it was a disaster. As for Rodney working for Mr. Sosby, that will never happen. Why would he work for him when he could do a much better job by hisself, and cheaper too. This is not a farm it is a little league program. Legion parks infields look like a tobacco patch!!!!!!!!
Mike Thorton must be gonna get a little kick back on this, as to why he is pushing it so hard. If he dont like Rodney why not tell him to his face instead of kissing his ass every time he is around and telling him that the other commissioners are the ones that want this.
You must be thinking of John Plummer, not John Sosby. John Plummer runs the Legion Park fields.
Legion Coach

Mount Sterling, KY

#31 Jan 16, 2009
Concerned Citizen - PKY wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be thinking of John Plummer, not John Sosby. John Plummer runs the Legion Park fields.
John Plummer does a good job for what he is handed. The fields were built by John Sosby and Paris kid was right, they are like a tobacco field.
Pariskid

Mount Sterling, KY

#32 Jan 16, 2009
no john sosby built these fields and john plummer cant help it that these fields cannot drain properly. H ave you seen the bank on the softball field? thats real safe. John sosby did that.
Republican Lady

Salt Lake City, UT

#33 Jan 16, 2009
<quoted text>
No they are talking about who built the fields.
Plummer runs the park as Director, don't think he built the fields. I think he just marks them for the games, drags the fields, etc...
Republican Lady

Salt Lake City, UT

#34 Jan 16, 2009
Looks like we all posted at the same time.
Legion Coach

Mount Sterling, KY

#35 Jan 16, 2009
If John Sosby messed up the fields at Legion so badly just think of what all he would mess up at other parks... that's a scary thought.
Proud Parent

Mount Sterling, KY

#36 Jan 16, 2009
This is ridiculous. John Sosby couldn't possibly do anything better than Mr. Roe has done. According to other postings on this page Mr. Sosby has really messed up other parks. Why would anyone give this guy another park to mess up when Mr. Roe is doing a TERRIFIC job right now. I have witnessed Mr. Roe going above and beyond at the ballpark. I believe Mr. Roe is highly qualified based on his passion for the Little League. He is in this for all the right reasons. Who else would be out at 2am getting water off the fields so his kids could play a game the next day? Who else would put their business on the back burner in order for Little League to be a huge success? Who else could increase the sign up rates like Mr. Roe has? Who else could work so well with companies to get sponsors for each team? Who else would hold tournaments to benefit Wesley's Place? Who else would put up with all the crap that comes with being Garrard Park director? And lastly but certainly not least, who would do it for next to nothing? All of you posting negative things should be ashamed. Do you honeslty think being what Mr. Roe is, is a walk in the park? That anyone could do it? John Sosby has fifty thousand other things going on. What will happen when the fair comes into Paris this summer? Will the Little League take the back burner in order for Mr. Sosby to to his other job over there? The Little League cannot take a back burner in the peak of the season. I think that is a job-hog, and he is being selfish. I am not saying anything bad about Mr. Sosby, he is a nice guy, but so are a lot of guys. A lot of people do many things for this town. I do know one thing, I would hate to move my kids to another ball program in a different town, they love it at Garrard Park so much. Garrard Park hasn't look so good in years. I think the kids in this program deserve the best and someone to look up to. That guy should be Rodney Roe.

PKY

#37 Jan 16, 2009
I am not saying that Rodney Roe doesn't do a good job. This thread is about combining the park systems to make BOTH parks better for our community.
Proud Parent

Mount Sterling, KY

#38 Jan 16, 2009
I am not saying that Rodney Roe doesn't do a good job. This thread is about combining the park systems to make BOTH parks better for our community.
For one, I never said that you said Rodney Roe doesn't do a good job. I posted that because that is how I feel about it. Plain and simple. No ifs, ands, or buts. And if you read anything in this thread, it's really about the wrong thing. The focus on any park should be the kids. Neither of these park swill be better for any community with Mr. Sosby having the power in hand.
Bonehead

Flemingsburg, KY

#39 Jan 17, 2009
this is all about money. the city or county cannot gey the grants they want unless they combine the rec department. i say if it aint broke dont fix it.
concerned parent

Mount Sterling, KY

#40 Jan 18, 2009
Computer Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Sosby could careless about money in his pocket. You dont know as much as you think you do about Mr.Sosby.Mr Sosby I know drives buses
for different sports teams at Bo.Co. and donates the money back.If you don't know the facts you shouldn't be saying things about him.He does alot of things for this community on his time with no pay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U know 12 hr Gotcha 1
avantor (Jun '14) 17 hr telling it 24
Karen Ratliff 17 hr Maize 7
Cassie Price 17 hr Melvin 3
Brandon Crump (Jun '11) Wed Heyyyy 9
korey true (Aug '12) Nov 15 Lilred tori 3
Codie Hill (Feb '10) Nov 15 Miss B 3

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance