Keep Doug Ashcraft
parent

Bowie, MD

#22 Apr 16, 2012
I think that we should all stand together and fight for his position!!! The students should make a stand also to show support to Doug. He is a excellent teacher that always went the extra mile with students!!
Lol

Washington, DC

#23 Apr 16, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up!! I'm doing this on my phone!! So take your point proven and shove it up your a$$!!
I'm on my phone also.
Seriously

Georgetown, KY

#24 Apr 16, 2012
Lol wrote:
This goes to show how stupid some are. Lol. The school isn't doing away with the ag department. Gotta have some place to stash the dumb rednecks so they don't disrupt others.

Well, you certainly proved how stupid you are.
just telling you

Paris, KY

#25 Apr 16, 2012
Cynic wrote:
It amazes me the number of people who don't know the difference in your and you're and the difference in there and their.......
Shut up biatch and dont worry about how we all spell our words in Paris. when your man is here he isnt worried about the spelling...promise.
Class

Washington, DC

#26 Apr 16, 2012
I agree what does spelling have do with mr ashcraft getting fired from the school. Well when immature people posting stuff that make no sense when it should be about a great ag teacher that can't be replaced and hoping that it turns out good at the end for the school, kids and community.
Resident

West Jordan, UT

#27 Apr 17, 2012
I am very impressed of how the students are taking a stand for their AG teacher.
Anonymous

Washington, DC

#28 Apr 17, 2012
The reason he's getting fired is because he got caught with his pants around his ankles.
students

Paris, KY

#29 Apr 17, 2012
We all need to stand together to support a person who needs our help!!!
SOS

Paris, KY

#30 Apr 17, 2012
Mybluechair wrote:
The reason he's getting fired is because he got caught with his pants around his ankles.
uhmm excuse me? stop running your mouth about stuff that isn't even true.
Supporter

Richmond, KY

#31 Apr 17, 2012
He is an amazing teacher and the reason these so called "REDNECK" kids that you are speaking of, appreciate him and everything he has done for them. Yes, he can be a bit irritating at time, but who can't? He is an exellent Ag professor and made this Ag program what it is today. You may not like him or agree with all these students who want to keep him here, but you SHOULN'T expolit his name and say dirty things that you and everyone else knows isn't true. Lana and Horseman have made one of the biggest mistakes of their careers at Bourbon by firing him. This Ag program can be ran without him, but it just won't be the same. If Bourbon county is trying to do away with the Ag program, they are STUPID. This is what Bourbon County was founded on. The actual school system doesn't teach our kids anything, but the Ag department does. They have no idea what problems they just brought upon themselves.
Great

Washington, DC

#32 Apr 17, 2012
I agree with what you said, they can't get rid of the ag department. That place does teach more than the high school. If they are trying it's not going to work. The kids that comes from the ag program does better then those that doesn't take ag classes. The school systems worst mistake was putting Lana in charge but that's a joke as well as horseman. Mr ashcraft will always be a great teacher. I hope he is able to come back.
Supporter

Richmond, KY

#33 Apr 17, 2012
To Great : Lana Fryman is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this school system, which is a lot to say for Bourbon County. She will eventually ruin it. I love how they will pay so much and get so much donated from the community that the school doesn't need. Why do we need a big auditorium when the Middle school has one, and why did we need a new football stadium and field, not like it helped us play any better? Horseman just wants to get on Lana's goodside so he doesn't go. Bourbon County is going straight down the drain. Mr. Ashcraft was one of the best teachers at that school system, if not one of the best I've ever had the privilage of comming in contact with.
Okay

Washington, DC

#34 Apr 18, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
If your not stupid, then why can't you correctly spell? Punctuation is incorrect also. Lol. Point proven.
I just want to say this...maybe you are the stupid one...not the rednecks of Bourbon County...maybe you should get to know some of them before you make your comments about the. And maybe someone should "stach" your dumb ass somewhere...
Back to the real topic... Mr. Ashcraft is a great person and the best teacher I have ever had. He tought me so many things that I use in my everyday life. If it had not been for him my brother, sister, myself and several others would have never graduated high school but Mr. Ashcraft pushed us. Being an ag student and a FFA member (with him as my advisor) tought me to take pride in my accomplishments and that without each other we have nothing. Mr. Ashcraft never turned his back on any of us and now is the time for us to do the same for him.
For those in support of Mr. Ashcraft and his rehire there are several students protesting to keep him in front of the bank by the school. They will be there today untill 8:10...they need all the help the can get...
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#35 Apr 18, 2012
Lol wrote:
This goes to show how stupid some are. Lol. The school isn't doing away with the ag department. Gotta have some place to stash the dumb rednecks so they don't disrupt others.
You are a flipping idiot and those "dumb rednecks" comments show what a spoiled ass brat you must be. Those "rednecks" come from hard working families and are good people. People like you make me sick at my stomach. I am not a kid hiding behind a computer screen but I can only assume that you are. Call someone a "dumb redneck" to their face so we can all watch you get the shit stomped out of you by one of those so called "dumb rednecks". What a piece of shit you are.......
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#36 Apr 18, 2012
Citizen wrote:
When you have a B^#&# like Lana as superintedent this is what happens...... DUMB B#&#^. She is is the one who needs to be shown the door.
Agree!! Get her out of there! Worthless....
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#37 Apr 18, 2012
intheloop wrote:
My sources are saying that one of many reasons he was fired, was he got really rude with several different teachers, including Mr. Horseman in the cafeteria, in front of students. My sources also say that he got rude with other teachers during meetings and stuff like that. Will have more once I receive more information from sources.
Then that is great for him! It is about time someone tells it like it is instead of everyone beating down the door to kiss Lana Fryman's ass. Getting fired for being rude? Grow up. This school system is so political. God forbid you not sugar coat everything you say in fear of "hurting someone's feelings". 90% of that school system worships Fryman and the other 10% are there for the kids, as they should be. If they indeed fired him for being rude or speaking his mind I hope they get the biggest lawsuit slapped on them this county has ever seen.
SOS

Washington, DC

#38 Apr 18, 2012
if they did get rid of ag they would be making alot of students lose their career ! we do learn ALOT in ag! if it wasnt for us farmers hmm where would you get your food?
proud

Washington, DC

#39 Apr 18, 2012
I am proud to see the students out in front of the school, holding signs in support of Doug Ashcraft! I believe more should stand out there and notify the news channels to come and do a story.
Resident

Lexington, KY

#40 Apr 18, 2012
Supporter wrote:
To Great : Lana Fryman is the WORST thing that has ever happened to this school system, which is a lot to say for Bourbon County. She will eventually ruin it. I love how they will pay so much and get so much donated from the community that the school doesn't need. Why do we need a big auditorium when the Middle school has one, and why did we need a new football stadium and field, not like it helped us play any better? Horseman just wants to get on Lana's goodside so he doesn't go. Bourbon County is going straight down the drain. Mr. Ashcraft was one of the best teachers at that school system, if not one of the best I've ever had the privilage of comming in contact with.
I totally agree with keeping Mr. Ashcraft.

But please realize there is nothing wrong with having a good facility. Well rounded facilities makes for a good school.
Why do you think the field is named after a local horse farm?
No way could the school system pay for that field,and years ago donors made sure the field house was built.

The baseball field from what I have been told finally has lights.

They have a good band program.

They have a very nice gymnasium.

The football team was and has been "competetive" lately ... not a top notch program but they are no longer at the bottom either.

The AG Dept. does all their fund raising and build what they need.

Evidentelly the drama dept is on the rise there as well. Not sure why they can't use the facility at the Middle School, but I'm guess it is not adequate enough or up to date and I am hoping they compared building new was cheaper than a retrofit to the old?

So please understand and keep in mind there is nothing wrong with being a "well rounded" school.
It attracks people that are looking to relocate and maybe do not want to live in Lexington and would rather their kids be enrolled in a "smaller town" school...
BoCo Alumni

Lexington, KY

#41 Apr 18, 2012
students wrote:
We all need to stand together to support a person who needs our help!!!
So true, he was a great teacher!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ppd 21 min Butch 23
MMI/Forest Hills Sexual Misconduct (Nov '12) 22 hr AdamKY 11
downtown poolroom Thu huh 16
ISO Steven Livingood Thu first time around 2
warning to Bourbon Trace!! Thu concerned for my ... 3
everyone needs to sign up Wed Yup 6
Girl you are so busted with your BS Wed hbic1 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages