United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

seeking child custody

Want in paris or carlisle.(lower fees for travel)

and want a good one.thanks
Paul

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

Carolyn Connell is the best in Paris, if she is still practicing family law. Not cheap, but most times you get what you pay for.
Paul

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

Another good name here in Paris would be Brian Privett.
joe the public

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Judged:

they all do the same thing thats take your money, if you want to see who will get custody at the least expence ask for a custody evaluation cost between 3000-6000 spit between the two parents.

Joe Fooks is the best at keeping cost down, take a look at the docket and see whos name is on the list the most-I have used Joe and my bill was $2000 plus evaluation $1700. My ex got one of those high dollars att.$14000 plus evaluation $1700. I was the parent the evaluation recommended custody to- end of fight the courts 9 out 10 time go along with it.-good luck use joe or get somebody else and spend everything you got-tell Joe you want the evaluation right off the bat and you would see who the court would give custody without all the att fees.
WTF

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2010

Crystal Osborne in Lexington. She is a beast and will take out any attorney in Paris. She first play. She will take fooks out with an artillery. Or roger micheal, he's better than anyone here in Paris and will tell it to you straight up.
Ummm

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

Judged:

Kim Dawahare Vaught in Lexington. Experienced, connected, compassionate. GOOD.
Paul

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

No idea about these people in Lexington, but they only asked for Paris or Carlisle based names. LOL. These are the only two names I know here in Paris, due to personal and family involvement with them. And before anyone gets bent, I am not trying to get anything started with ya, just saying.
In Need

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

I was told Roger Michaels was good. SO was looking for input. But I am in paris and will have to go to court in carlisle... never done this before so obviously want someone pretty good you know?
In Need

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2010

what is the evaluation stuff you guys are mentioning?
Paul

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

Judged:

No idea here. But, from my experience, any office you go to will give you free advice during the first meeting, at least they have for me. And if you can catch him in his office, I have visited Brian Privett more than once for quick answers/ advice. He has always been very nice and very helpful, without having his hand in my pocket first. He is very honest, and down to earth. Another person you might ask about those types of things would be Dorothy Jo Mastin, in the bottom floor of the court house.
F_Y_I

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

He maybe good for some types of other cases, I started with him, changed in the middle of our case, we won by changing lawyers. Good luck.
In Need wrote:
I was told Roger Michaels was good. SO was looking for input. But I am in paris and will have to go to court in carlisle... never done this before so obviously want someone pretty good you know?
Bo Co Graduate

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2010

Judged:

Dorothy Jo Mastin?? You obviously haven't had much exposure to her.

“joeboo427”

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

attorneys are like a banana. never seen a straight one
zippy

Moultrie, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2010

Bo Co Graduate wrote:
Dorothy Jo Mastin?? You obviously haven't had much exposure to her.
I was thinking of using her. What's wrong with her? I don't want to waste my money.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

zippy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking of using her. What's wrong with her? I don't want to waste my money.
for startes, she is the county attorney, i was told that she can't represent anybody due to conflict of interest...
yankee fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Harry Budden is a great att. for child custody
OMFG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Judged:

yankee fan wrote:
Harry Budden is a great att. for child custody
DO NOT GO WITH HARRY BUDDEN JR. HE WILL DEFINITLY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND DOES NOT REPRESENT YOU VERY WELL. I HIRED HIM IN THE BEGINNING OF MY DIVORCE, AND THE FIRST 3 VISITS TO THE COURT ROOM, HE HAD JEREMY MATTOX STAND IN FOR HIM 2 OF THOSE VISITS. HE IS DEFINITLY ONE OF THOSE MONEY EATING LAWYERS.
Paul

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2010

Yes, she is the county attorney. I was merely suggesting using her to find out answers and such. Sorry, I failed to make that clear.
In the know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Judged:

I would definately avoid Roger Michael and Dorothy Jo Mastin. Neither has any idea what is going on...... I would trust Brian Privett. He is a good guy that the judges respect. He won't just take your money!
todays world

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Judged:

its not all about the lawyer, social services report, school reports, doctor reports, the lifestyle HISTORY of the one custody is removed from, home enviroment, getting custody with a record of drugs even getting rehab is very hard nowdays, comp care is a good advocate for childern as well

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 150,331
krnk 24 min Samcro 5
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 35 min Renee 1,032
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 35 min Republicans Are S... 16,129
has anybody seen leanne creech wanting to know ... 1 hr omg 3
who's screwin' my wife? 4 hr getreal 29
My step kids are TOTAL brats 4 hr sick 14

Search the Paris Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••