First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Do not believe

Pflugerville, TX

#1 Sep 12, 2011
who="Privates eye"]I have a question for you bible thumpers.
You say Jesus died for our sins, correct?
He was resurrected on Easter, correct?
He is back in heaven with god, correct?
Then why is that non believers go to hell for ETERNITY if they don't believe that? how can you justify that?
Now....if the story went something like this....
God sent Jesus to hell for ETERNITY to pay for our sins and the consequence was that any non believers would have the same fate.....I MIGHT believe that...but that's not the case is it? He was nailed to the cross ( an awful way to die I agree) was resurrected a few days later and is currently living the good life in heaven with dad. Hardly fair to us non believers.... Agree?

Personally I'd rather go
To he'll than have to worship someone that there is no proof of every 3 seconds. F!!! All that stuff. It's a waste of time in my book. God is a baby killer!!!

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#2 Sep 12, 2011
Do not believe wrote:
who="Privates eye"]I have a question for you bible thumpers.
You say Jesus died for our sins, correct?
He was resurrected on Easter, correct?
He is back in heaven with god, correct?
Then why is that non believers go to hell for ETERNITY if they don't believe that? how can you justify that?
Now....if the story went something like this....
God sent Jesus to hell for ETERNITY to pay for our sins and the consequence was that any non believers would have the same fate.....I MIGHT believe that...but that's not the case is it? He was nailed to the cross ( an awful way to die I agree) was resurrected a few days later and is currently living the good life in heaven with dad. Hardly fair to us non believers.... Agree?

Personally I'd rather go
To he'll than have to worship someone that there is no proof of every 3 seconds. F!!! All that stuff. It's a waste of time in my book. God is a baby killer!!!
God essentially sent himself to die for the sins of man, apparently. I say this because considering the whole resurrection but it hardly seems like he "died" for man's sins. There is still sin and God has become a thing where faith (or childhood indoctrination) is an essential part of verifying his existence. Before the resurrection, God was apparently much more direct with man.

I ask this of those that believe: Is your god as powerful now as he was in the bible? If so, then why do we not see God is such extreme events (similar to the kinds found in the bible)? As an Atheist, I see nothing that I would attribute to a god. What was once considered extreme events or miracles may have been answered thanks to the scientific method and rational inquiry.

Discuss.
???

Richmond, KY

#3 Sep 14, 2011
The Bible says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Jesus did die for our sins. If Jesus hadn't paid the price, then we would all be dead, because EVERYONE sins. The Bible also says that trusting in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is the ONLY way to get into Heaven. It doesn't matter how good of a person you are, or what good deeds you have done...unless you trust in Jesus, you will go to hell....I will pray that you change your mind :)

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#4 Sep 14, 2011
[QUOTE who="???"]The Bible says "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Jesus did die for our sins. If Jesus hadn't paid the price, then we would all be dead, because EVERYONE sins. The Bible also says that trusting in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior is the ONLY way to get into Heaven. It doesn't matter how good of a person you are, or what good deeds you have done...unless you trust in Jesus, you will go to hell....I will pray that you change your mind :)[/QUOTE]

So Jesus (aka Lord, Savior, God) had himself killed to save mankind from....what exactly? Himself? Pretty sure people still sin frequently and depending on which book of A bible (Old Testament vs New Testament) you read you may be involuntarily sinning. Thought crimes count too. It's kinda like that movie Minority Report, but with more crazy, and murder, and rape, and genocide, and an angry/jealous deity who gives man free will but imprisons them into a lifestyle based of ultimate reward or eternal damnation.
Wondering

United States

#5 Sep 15, 2011
I used to always get stuck on that. Jesus new when he died on earth he would be in heaven after and the pain of dying would be gone. But he was in a body just like ours and still felt the horrible pain of being beat to where you couldn't even recognize him. Well I figure we Are in human form now just as he was and I wouldn't want to go through that pain. If we can just get through the pain of going through this life without being crucified, we have that same choice of being okay and workings the pain once we get to heaven. Good thing is that god made u and you wouldn't be here without him and u have a choice. He wants u to choose him but isn't making u!
No one cares

Pflugerville, TX

#6 Sep 15, 2011
God did not make me or you. There's no proof. If there was a god he is a baby killer. No good man would allow that horrible thing to happen.
Loop

United States

#7 Sep 15, 2011
You don't care about him or ask him for anything so why are u so worried about it? God is far from the wicked but listens to the prayers of the righteous. Drop if already. If u don't care, why are u bringing it up.

Since: Aug 11

Pflugerville, TX

#8 Sep 15, 2011
Loop wrote:
You don't care about him or ask him for anything so why are u so worried about it? God is far from the wicked but listens to the prayers of the righteous. Drop if already. If u don't care, why are u bringing it up.
So God loves all his children but only listens to the prayers of the righteous? I think God's love sounds pretty conditional if that is the case.

Also, if God has a plan for us all then why do we pray?
Joe Rogan

Paris, KY

#9 Sep 15, 2011
You sir poster are a perfect listener for Joe Rogans podcast @ blog.joerogan.net ...check it out, it's awesome for people who enjoy thinking outside the religious bigot box. ;)
Crap

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#11 Sep 15, 2011
I can't beleive I even clicked on a link on topix. This site gave me a virus. I was curious but ten find out my firewall pops up to tell me I have received a virus from this site. Thanks a lot A Hole
Joe Rogan

Paris, KY

#12 Sep 15, 2011
Ummm then your anti-virus software is garbage. It's a well known site with well known podcasts... troll somewhere else idiot.
Big Dog

Clarksville, TN

#13 Sep 21, 2011
Do not believe wrote:
who="Privates eye"]I have a question for you bible thumpers.
You say Jesus died for our sins, correct?
He was resurrected on Easter, correct?
He is back in heaven with god, correct?
Then why is that non believers go to hell for ETERNITY if they don't believe that? how can you justify that?
Now....if the story went something like this....
God sent Jesus to hell for ETERNITY to pay for our sins and the consequence was that any non believers would have the same fate.....I MIGHT believe that...but that's not the case is it? He was nailed to the cross ( an awful way to die I agree) was resurrected a few days later and is currently living the good life in heaven with dad. Hardly fair to us non believers.... Agree?
Personally I'd rather go
To he'll than have to worship someone that there is no proof of every 3 seconds. F!!! All that stuff. It's a waste of time in my book. God is a baby killer!!!
I can not believe so called paid Pastors of Jehovah, who claim to speak in his name on Sundays have not come forward to answer your charge and question. Your question and charge are not the first nor the last, every person on this planet wants proof first. So proof is not what you seek first but what you will receive after. That is why it is said, "seek and you shall find"-Matthew 7:7.

You asked,"Then why is that non believers go to hell for ETERNITY if they don't believe that? how can you justify that?"

Do you believe in free will? The idea you are free to make your own choice. Jehovah can forgive almost anything, but you must open your heart to him and confess with your mouth. Only then will you find the proof you seek.-Amen





Cynic

Macon, GA

#14 Sep 21, 2011
The fear of the unknown and a hope to keep society in check feeds the faith. I figure if their is a God I will be judged on the life I lived and the decisions I have made. I have never believed if God is great, he would have you kneel before him. Not knowing if there is anything after death is a great "proof" that he exists.......
john

United States

#15 Sep 21, 2011
From reading these posts its clear theirs alot of lost people. The main problem you all have is you are so full of yourself and unwilling to admit you have sined. TO humble yourself to ask for forgiveness. People are willing to believe and comment therselfs to anything but God. All you have to do is believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins and ask to be saved and then turn from your ways. It will be hard cause you will be mocked like so many on toxic do to anyone who say they believe in Jesus. Your reward in heaven will be great for suffering for believeing in him.For you who get on here and mock God you are walking on very thin ice. You can't mock God.
Bo Co Graduate

Paris, KY

#16 Sep 21, 2011
I pity all you that without knowledge of the Bible & God's promise discredit the promise of forgiveness & life in heaven after death. None of us are perfect. God does not expect us to be perfect or without sin. He promises forgiveness if we pledge our belief in HIM, acknowledge that we all make mistakes & ask for forgiveness. It is really fairly easy to receive God's blessings. For all you doubters, I would suggest that you do more study of God's word, & attend church to be sure that you have all the right answers. If you are "right", then what damage is done? If you are sure that you are "right"...just curious of how you validate your position? Facts only, please.

Since: Aug 11

Paris, KY

#17 Sep 22, 2011
Bo Co Graduate wrote:
I pity all you that without knowledge of the Bible & God's promise discredit the promise of forgiveness & life in heaven after death. None of us are perfect. God does not expect us to be perfect or without sin. He promises forgiveness if we pledge our belief in HIM, acknowledge that we all make mistakes & ask for forgiveness. It is really fairly easy to receive God's blessings. For all you doubters, I would suggest that you do more study of God's word, & attend church to be sure that you have all the right answers. If you are "right", then what damage is done? If you are sure that you are "right"...just curious of how you validate your position? Facts only, please.
Well, to start let's examine what it means to be faithful. Faith does not deal in facts. By definition, Faith is accepting something as truth despite evidence. The only evidence that Christianity has is the Bible itself. I can write a book and cite it as fact too, but that does not mean that it is.

Here's my reasoning why I can not be a man of faith. Religion is a tool that men use to answer the questions about our existence. Thousands of years ago, mankind did not have ways to properly observe the world we live in. Fire (actually lightning) came from the sky, bringing destruction with it is some cases (air-to-ground). Imagine you are a primitive human from thousands of years ago. All you know is what you need to do to survive and reproduce. You observe cause-and-effect, meaning you do something and something happens in response. When you see this fire shooting down from the sky, you do not know what causes it. You see no man throwing this fire. How do you explain it? At this point, it becomes supernatural or for a more relates term, faith. Magic causes the fire to shoot from the sky....right.....guys?

Obviously, the primitive humans were wrong and we can explain lightning with relative ease. We would never have known what we do now though without rationally observing lightning and finding the real cause. Religion does not promote inquiry. Instead, it puts a one-size-fits-all answer on anything you question where there is no evidence. "God did it." To a religious person, that grants immediate satisfaction. However, religion causes you to shut off your mind and accept everything as it is said via doctrine of faith.

The Scientific Method can not support this as it is a method of rational inquiry, investigation, and a search for the truth. Science is factual in the reasoning that it outlines the cause and effect of what is happening. It should be tested an verified. At no point would a person of Science blindly label something as the truth without observable and tangible verification. Science should never be thought of as having all the answers. We are too young (despite 10's of thousands of years of being at a human stage) to know everything. In saying that, Science at least is the pursuit of truth and never holds onto a truth if there is evidence against it. The Scientific Method is one that allows for the truth to evolve as we learn more and more about ourselves and our existence.
Power

United States

#18 Sep 22, 2011
I'm just glad that such a powerful God loves us. If that power were given to any human, we would use it for our own good, not in loving those who don't even care that he made us or giving us free will to choose. I am glad he loves me even while I was a sinner and still sin ocasionly
Dumb

Tomball, TX

#19 Sep 22, 2011
Your god is a baby killer. Your god allows murders to murder and good people suffer. Man was evolving before any word of god. Your god is stupid. I agree with truth. Why believe in faith of something not real. Anyone can make predictions. I think it's in Australia that a.d and b.c are being taken out of history books. I'm glad because it's discrimination of other religions. If Your god was so great then he would control bad things better. Your god is a hypocrite to judge me then tell others not to judge. Tour god will not run my life. There is no after life people, get a grip. I teach my kids there is no god but they have the choice to choose. No church will save you and baptism will not save you from nothing. God in my opinion is a myth that people believe as a cult. Your god is not good!!!
Bo Co Graduate

Paris, KY

#20 Sep 22, 2011
xTheTruthx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to start let's examine what it means to be faithful. Faith does not deal in facts. By definition, Faith is accepting something as truth despite evidence. The only evidence that Christianity has is the Bible itself. I can write a book and cite it as fact too, but that does not mean that it is.
Here's my reasoning why I can not be a man of faith. Religion is a tool that men use to answer the questions about our existence. Thousands of years ago, mankind did not have ways to properly observe the world we live in. Fire (actually lightning) came from the sky, bringing destruction with it is some cases (air-to-ground). Imagine you are a primitive human from thousands of years ago. All you know is what you need to do to survive and reproduce. You observe cause-and-effect, meaning you do something and something happens in response. When you see this fire shooting down from the sky, you do not know what causes it. You see no man throwing this fire. How do you explain it? At this point, it becomes supernatural or for a more relates term, faith. Magic causes the fire to shoot from the sky....right.....guys?
Obviously, the primitive humans were wrong and we can explain lightning with relative ease. We would never have known what we do now though without rationally observing lightning and finding the real cause. Religion does not promote inquiry. Instead, it puts a one-size-fits-all answer on anything you question where there is no evidence. "God did it." To a religious person, that grants immediate satisfaction. However, religion causes you to shut off your mind and accept everything as it is said via doctrine of faith.
The Scientific Method can not support this as it is a method of rational inquiry, investigation, and a search for the truth. Science is factual in the reasoning that it outlines the cause and effect of what is happening. It should be tested an verified. At no point would a person of Science blindly label something as the truth without observable and tangible verification. Science should never be thought of as having all the answers. We are too young (despite 10's of thousands of years of being at a human stage) to know everything. In saying that, Science at least is the pursuit of truth and never holds onto a truth if there is evidence against it. The Scientific Method is one that allows for the truth to evolve as we learn more and more about ourselves and our existence.

xthe truthx;
Yeap, you are right in you definition of faith. If you have not given it a try then you have no right to discredit it.
Your reasoning for rejecting faith is full of "holes"! I nor any other Christian I know believes that lightning is "supernatural". Yes, there is scientific proof about what causes Lightning/thunder. We are not nearly as gullible as you believe. Christians do NOT have blind faith
& we don't believe in magic.
Sadly you believe that those of us with religious beliefs are comforted by saying "God did it". People of religion do not seek immediate answers. We have NOT shut off our minds but it seems you may have. We are constantly seeking answers as we worship & live in a pagan society. We certainly do NOT have all the answers. Obviously, we are not as confident as you seen to be. Just wondering if you have ever investigated the reports from scientific discoveries that validate the Bible? If not; how do you know you are so very right?
I agree that the scientific method is the one that allows the truth to come out. One of us will be wrong & one of us will be right!
believe

Peoria, IL

#21 Sep 22, 2011
the truth ; you seem so smart but if you don't believe in JESUS you the biggest fool. Many people don't believe in anything they can't see or touch, but don't let your brain get in the way of your spiritual heart. you can't touch signals from a satalite, but you still have faith you tv will play. Get on your knees and truely ask for forgiveness and god will forgive you for everything, he will not bless anything or anyone if it is not done through gods word. today is your choice to decide if you have faith in god, he will always love you, he will comfort you, bless you through many hard times, and without him in your heart is a very empty place with anger and loneliness, for we do not know our day of death but we do know it is coming, find the lord in your heart and you will live forever. LOVE U

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty cops and rats 1 hr tim 2
Where are the hookers? 2 hr dad 3
Robin JoAnna Fryman 5 hr Make us great again 1
Jennifer Blankenship 11 hr Wally 2
Paris is full of white trash 11 hr sam 15
should I be upset? My husband constantly huggin... 11 hr billie 6
murphys gas station 19 hr david 6

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages