Paris Police Chiefs
Real Mature

United States

#47 Aug 28, 2011
The difference in personal life and law is that law is pretty cut and dry. Your personal life isn't. I'm quite sure you don't always make the best personal choices because I know I sure don't. But I sure as hell try. So why don't you say who you are and we'll talk about your personal choices. Therefore, what I'm trying to tell you is... people go to school to LEARN law enforcement. There is NO school that teaches about everyday life. Police officers are only human and make mistakes like everyone else in the world. So again leave the personal lives out. Has nada to do with their work unless you would like to divulge who you are and we can talk about your personal choices.
wake up

Dayton, OH

#48 Aug 28, 2011
I agree with whatever. In the Academy you learn about honor,integrity and morals. Have you ever been to a police graduation or ceremony? They are constantly talking sbout how police men and women are examples to the community. Officer Thomas taught my child DARE. I thought he was the perfect teacher for my child until I found out about his personal choices and how he didn't teach his own kids the right thing to do by example. His choices in life show his decision making skills, I'm sure he knows the law but I don't look at him with the same respect now. I don't know anyone that respects Ex-Chief Gray because of his choices. They chose this job and there are certain responsibilities that come with it. Being honorable is one of them if they want the respect of others. It does not matter who I am or what I do I did not sign up to be a cop
Hmm

United States

#49 Aug 28, 2011
wake up wrote:
I agree with whatever. In the Academy you learn about honor,integrity and morals. Have you ever been to a police graduation or ceremony? They are constantly talking sbout how police men and women are examples to the community. Officer Thomas taught my child DARE. I thought he was the perfect teacher for my child until I found out about his personal choices and how he didn't teach his own kids the right thing to do by example. His choices in life show his decision making skills, I'm sure he knows the law but I don't look at him with the same respect now. I don't know anyone that respects Ex-Chief Gray because of his choices. They chose this job and there are certain responsibilities that come with it. Being honorable is one of them if they want the respect of others. It does not matter who I am or what I do I did not sign up to be a cop
So you're saying that police officers can't be human and make mistakes? Now in ref to Gray, he made crappy decisions not only in his personal life but in his professional life. He's a whore. What can ya say? But most officers are only human. most officers I know are honorable and respectful. The 1-2 bad apples come with every job.
wake up

United States

#50 Aug 29, 2011
Your statement is right. I think that is why Officer Thomas's choices bothered our family so much. He was the exmple we used for our children after they met him in classs He showed that a young black man from Paris could become a law enforcing great example Everyone makes mistakes but the most dissapointing thing was he did nothing to correct his. I know that personally he was told what a bad decision it was to move in someone while still married yet he chose to leave things the same.If you are a parent at BC you couldn't help but know because she was with him in South Carolina for Basketball last year and at every event after. That is when iit became impossible not to tell our kids. I agree everyone makes mistakes. I think he did not and still doesn't realize how he let people down especially parents of young black men in our community that need someone with high standards and morals to be the example for their children
Get over it

Elgin, TX

#51 Aug 29, 2011
You people are such hipocrtits. I'm sure u are perfect. His personal life is none of your business. You should only be concerned about what he does as an officer. Do u live Your life just to please everyone but yourself? If so your life must really be boring. Also, to "whatever"..... You need to be making choices about your own life..... Stay outta trouble and you won't have to worry about Myron doing that for you.... As for explaining his personal choices to your kids... Tell them it's none of their business or yours. Worry about what you perfect little kids are doing and not a grown ass man. Because I guarantee it's your kids making the wrong choices. do your kids know you get on topix to bash people? That's a great thing your teaching them. Ive seen several of the basketball Players out smoking, driving like idiots and know they are having sex as well. So do us all a favor. Get off your soap box, mind your own business and tend to your own life.
wake up

United States

#52 Aug 29, 2011
Get over it you are missing the whole point of this post. Its not bashing. Its explaining why the commounty wants to support the police but have a hard time because of their personal choices. Each one of them chose a public service job. I said Officer Thomas does a good job. He also knows the black communty needs men of honor to be examples for our young men. There is a lot on his shoulders with regard to teaching others about success. My family marched downtown for him when he stood up for himself as he should. I was so proud of him and wanted my children to understand that they should support him. That is what makes this so dissapointing. He showed much promise and then chose the wrong thing and did not correct it. He could be the man helping those basketball players as I have seen him do many times. I just hoped for him to be more. You must not be a parent or a black woman wanting the best for her kids or you would understand the need for role models for our kids that you can say this IS who you need to lookup to and follow their example!
Get over it

Elgin, TX

#53 Aug 29, 2011
What your saying is because of who he might date, he should be concerned about what the public thinks instead of what he wants. You my friend are teaching the kids that the public opinion of your personal Life is more important that your own happiness. You all get on here and bash this girl and I guarantee you don't really know her. Yes I am a black woman and mother! And I know Myron very well. And what I know is he would never let anyone around his kids who wasn't good to them. Nor would Ms. Dana. So before you go judging his character based onnlies, rumors, and jealousy of who he may or may not date..... Get to know them first. Or just mind your business and only be concerned with his actions as a police officer. Not a husband or boyfriend.
Chiefs

Elgin, TX

#54 Aug 29, 2011
The two people we need to worry about are the chiefs.

One who had a baby with one of his emplyees while he was married, and the assistant who has a previous arrest.

So let's talk About law enforcement roll
Models. People are worried about whose dating who but to me.... This is much more in need of attention.
patrol car

Spring Hill, FL

#55 Aug 29, 2011
Get these stinkin' punks off the streets.
Cuff 'em and feed 'em beans and baloney sandwiches.

&fe ature=related
wake up

Dayton, OH

#56 Aug 29, 2011
It is NOT about who he dates! It is about the fact that he moved someone into his home with his children while he was and is still married. It does not matter that his wife is living with someone else. It does not matter who the girl is that he dates. He should have a happy life. He just should be a better example to other kids as well as his own if he is going to choose to be in a public position as a man of character. Moving someone in or taking them on a trip one or two months after the Mother moves out while you are still married is NOT a good moral example for children to learn from!Being an officer of the law is what that is__a moral, law abiding example. Dana is life long friend of mine. She loves her son and will support him no matter what. She will tollerate his choices because she loves him. It doesn't mean she thinks it is the right choice and she has said so. You can not be a black woman or you would understand this struggle. I don't want him or care who he wants I just want him to be the stand up man he has always shown me he can be and continue to be a strong black man that is a good example to my children. He put himself in that position nobody else did and I am proud that he did. You are not understanding that this is not about Kim it is about Myron and what he should stand for and always did before she came along. Please note that it is not personal it is about the job and public image and you need to get over it being personal.
Hmm

Bowling Green, KY

#60 Aug 29, 2011
wake up wrote:
It is NOT about who he dates! It is about the fact that he moved someone into his home with his children while he was and is still married. It does not matter that his wife is living with someone else. It does not matter who the girl is that he dates. He should have a happy life. He just should be a better example to other kids as well as his own if he is going to choose to be in a public position as a man of character. Moving someone in or taking them on a trip one or two months after the Mother moves out while you are still married is NOT a good moral example for children to learn from!Being an officer of the law is what that is__a moral, law abiding example. Dana is life long friend of mine. She loves her son and will support him no matter what. She will tollerate his choices because she loves him. It doesn't mean she thinks it is the right choice and she has said so. You can not be a black woman or you would understand this struggle. I don't want him or care who he wants I just want him to be the stand up man he has always shown me he can be and continue to be a strong black man that is a good example to my children. He put himself in that position nobody else did and I am proud that he did. You are not understanding that this is not about Kim it is about Myron and what he should stand for and always did before she came along. Please note that it is not personal it is about the job and public image and you need to get over it being personal.
So basically you're a friend of Myrons soon to be ex wife and that's why you're on here bashing. Get a life.
CWL

Paris, KY

#61 Aug 29, 2011
What was he arrested for???????? You got to be Fu***** wit me. We hired a cop that was arrested.
wake up

Dayton, OH

#62 Aug 29, 2011
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
So basically you're a friend of Myrons soon to be ex wife and that's why you're on here bashing. Get a life.
No, I am not. Met her several times when she worked at the bank and she seemed very nice but that has nothing to do with this. What on there is bashing? it has nothing to do with the girl Myron is dating it is about the choices he made and how young people need a role model and a police officer is supposed to be that! I just found out that she is a Mom that couldn't handle her children and chose her hapiness over her kids so it makes sense that she would want Myron to do the same. I just thought he understood his role in life as a black leader/role model of the community.
Wrong

Elgin, TX

#63 Aug 29, 2011
wake up wrote:
<quoted text> No, I am not. Met her several times when she worked at the bank and she seemed very nice but that has nothing to do with this. What on there is bashing? it has nothing to do with the girl Myron is dating it is about the choices he made and how young people need a role model and a police officer is supposed to be that! I just found out that she is a Mom that couldn't handle her children and chose her hapiness over her kids so
it makes sense that she would want Myron to do
the same. I just thought he understood his role in
life as a black leader/role model of the
community.
Shows how much you don't know. Myron hasn't taken on the sole responsibility of leading this community to be great. Everyone needs to get together to do that. But there are to many idiots like you all on here, that feel the nerd to blame someone other than themselves for their Lives. As u said before, he is a good officer. So his personal life is none of yours or anyone elses business.
I've also met Kim, and she is an incredibly sweet person. However, when you start talking crap on topix or anywhere for that matter, she's gonna get mad and take up for herself. Just as you and I would. And why in the hell would you bring up her kids. She's managed to get her son to his 2nd year of college and her daughter is a straight a student. So keep your opinions to yourself. Must be sad to have to live your life thru others!
Arrested

Elgin, TX

#64 Aug 29, 2011
CWL wrote:
What was he arrested for???????? You got to be Fu***** wit me. We hired a cop that was arrested.
He was arrested for DUI in Montgomery county while he was an officer. And...... When we was hired here, the chief and mayor both knew about it.
wake up

Dayton, OH

#65 Aug 29, 2011
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows how much you don't know. Myron hasn't taken on the sole responsibility of leading this community to be great. Everyone needs to get together to do that. But there are to many idiots like you all on here, that feel the nerd to blame someone other than themselves for their Lives. As u said before, he is a good officer. So his personal life is none of yours or anyone elses business.
I've also met Kim, and she is an incredibly sweet person. However, when you start talking crap on topix or anywhere for that matter, she's gonna get mad and take up for herself. Just as you and I would. And why in the hell would you bring up her kids. She's managed to get her son to his 2nd year of college and her daughter is a straight a student. So keep your opinions to yourself. Must be sad to have to live your life thru others!
Can you read? no one asked Myron to be the only leader just to be a leader and good example to his kids, Kims kids and everybodys kids. Kim will never understand the plight of young black children, Myron does. While the world is better about some things young black men are still struggling. They need role models that make good decisions and are honorable.I am sure Kim is wonderful but her decisions of bed hopping from cop to cop and as well as the example she set with her language on here and the pictures Myron had her take off of facebook and moving in with Myron right away say something else. If she paid attention it is those actionst bring on the bashing!It is really every parents responsibility to be a role model to all of our children. That is what we are asking Myron to do watch his actions and make a statement to young black men to be honorable, strong men that make right decisions their whole life and if you do make the wrong decision correct it! Leaders are born in Paris everyday we just need to show them the way and thier Law Enforcemnt official is a great place to start.
Arrested

United States

#66 Aug 29, 2011
Arrested wrote:
<quoted text>
He was arrested for DUI in Montgomery county while he was an officer. And...... When we was hired here, the chief and mayor both knew about it.
When "he" was hired......
Bo Co Graduate

Georgetown, KY

#67 Aug 29, 2011
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>Can you read? no one asked Myron to be the only leader just to be a leader and good example to his kids, Kims kids and everybodys kids. Kim will never understand the plight of young black children, Myron does. While the world is better about some things young black men are still struggling. They need role models that make good decisions and are honorable.I am sure Kim is wonderful but her decisions of bed hopping from cop to cop and as well as the example she set with her language on here and the pictures Myron had her take off of facebook and moving in with Myron right away say something else. If she paid attention it is those actionst bring on the bashing!It is really every parents responsibility to be a role model to all of our children. That is what we are asking Myron to do watch his actions and make a statement to young black men to be honorable, strong men that make right decisions their whole life and if you do make the wrong decision correct it! Leaders are born in Paris everyday we just need to show them the way and thier Law Enforcemnt official is a great place to start.
I get what you are saying & honestly believe that anyone (regardless of race)who commits to being a police officer (esp. in a small town) has a duty to set his/her moral standards high & show our young people about a man of character. Yes, Dad's should do that, but many kids don't have an involved Dad & some Dad's are losers. I believe that if you put yourself in a public position (police officer, mayor, county judge, county attorney, etc. that you have a duty to be an example of character. We all make mistakes/poor decisions from time to time. Am not expecting anyone to be perfect. I sure am not perfect! Just saying that if you choose to be a "public servent" then you have a duty to consider your position when you make personal life decisions.
The truth

United States

#68 Aug 29, 2011
Myron can care less about what you people in Paris think. I know him and this shit will never cross his mind.. Lol... Who has time for this shit anyway.. Find a daddy for them bad ass kids stop blamming Myron.. Grow up.. It's not Myron fault if your kids turn out to be crackhead. It could be because you never tried to move forward yourself and that's all they see while living in the hood. Blame yourself..
family

United States

#69 Aug 29, 2011
The truth wrote:
Myron can care less about what you people in Paris think. I know him and this shit will never cross his mind.. Lol... Who has time for this shit anyway.. Find a daddy for them bad ass kids stop blamming Myron.. Grow up.. It's not Myron fault if your kids turn out to be crackhead. It could be because you never tried to move forward yourself and that's all they see while living in the hood. Blame yourself..
no one is blaming myron. It does cross his mind to help others and guide them the right way. Dana raised him right. Honestly we all see the influence Kim has had on him and no one understands it. He does know the right thing to do. He also knows what a role model is. People should move forward but they need examples and. A hand up. Myron has had both and knows he needs to pass it on. We are all proud of him and understand that sometimes you are influenced by negativity but you have to overcome it. Let her go and listen to the people faml

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Brandon Dawson? (Oct '12) 11 min concernedsinglemo... 13
river of life 1 hr thetruthhurts 14
the mayor is pic of ? 3 hr Sotrue 14
badgett 4 hr haha 10
Huddle House (Dec '13) 4 hr Mlw 3
Jaquelia Hunt 9 hr Pie 4
who is Shawna Sextons real baby daddy ? 11 hr Facts 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages