Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

hello

Burlington, KY

#66000 Aug 3, 2012
got a brita filter its a old filter and to broke to buy another one i swear that filter is the same that cleans aquiriums

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#66001 Aug 3, 2012
We have a tap water filter on the kitchen faucet. It really does change the taste, so it's taking something out of the water for sure.

I reuse those plastic water bottles too. But I also keep a little container of that new stuff, "MiO", in my pocketbook. It tastes pretty decent, and just a few drops will spark up the taste of the water. No calories, etc. Good stuff and it goes a long way.

I've got the strawberry/watermelon flavor for now. We like it, specially if you have to go out for a while and think ahead to freeze a bottle of tap water. As it thaws, you can add the flavor to it.

Location hidden

#66002 Aug 3, 2012
Oddly enough... Look on the side screen of this page now. We have ad advertisement for BRITA showing up, LOL!!

Don't ya just love those tracking cookies, hehe!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#66003 Aug 3, 2012
I asked a poster the other day if they had noticed the ground sinking around their property. Of course Mr. Walking an talking Google Bluewhiner butted in and yelled erosion. I never heard back from the other poster. There is no top erosion. If it was erosion from underground, I would have to be sitting on top of a very large cave, which I doubt.

What I am meaning is tree roots more visable above ground, large and small dips in the ground surface that are more noticable than ever before.
hello

Burlington, KY

#66004 Aug 3, 2012
you made me look it wasnt there i was so owned ha those mio do look cool i didnt even know they made gatoraide in powder form till like 2 yrs ago yeah only like soda after not having it for a month so love me some flavord water

Location hidden

#66005 Aug 3, 2012
hello wrote:
you made me look it wasnt there i was so owned ha those mio do look cool i didnt even know they made gatoraide in powder form till like 2 yrs ago yeah only like soda after not having it for a month so love me some flavord water
Afterward, I also got an ad for Lowes home improvement and then a boat advertisement, hehe. Guess it picked up on the words "faucet" and "water"? ROFLMBO!!
hello

Burlington, KY

#66007 Aug 3, 2012
so love to be in a boat right now watching the olympics the sand is making me sick but also wandering if the countries that cant show womens faces are allowed to actually be seen or they just stone em when its over
Anonymous

Leitchfield, KY

#66008 Aug 3, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
<---- Passing coffee to "Oz". Enjoy!
Back on track here, somebody DOES know what killed those birds and what is killing the rest of these other animals in mass quantities.. They're just not letting us peons in on the news. Our government doesn't let anything get by them.
Thanks, I needed that coffee. If the government knows, and we do nothing, we are letting it happen. I think we should throw all those frauds out.
IMPOSTER

United States

#66009 Aug 3, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw where you mentioned your shack. You are so lucky to have a tin roof. Parts of the roof of my old shack have fallen in. I have been trying to get the fellers on This Old Shack TV show to come and fix it up for me. Them fellers are kind of strange they sure do talk funny.
That Norm Abrams don't do much work, just talks a lot. The nights sure are short where Norm lives. That rascal will say let's glue and clamp these draws and let them sit overnight. In about a second Norm is back and saying Morning, just like Humpaburn does here. He has changed clothes and everything. It doesen't show if he changed draws or not. I doubt if Humpaburn does.
Yea TUF that's true. Its good to have a tin roof over my shack. I am much better off than a lot of real people who have been turned out of their houses for good. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful to the man above for what little I do have.

And yes it would be good to have those "this old shack" fellers come and build me a new one. That's not going to happen though. Thank God I have a shack at all.
IMPOSTER

United States

#66010 Aug 3, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>Know that feeling all to well my dear. I worked in one for 10 yrs, and they left. At least we are still on top of the ground and do still wake up. Good nite , hope something great does come your way soon. Even the darkest night of the soul has its morning. May yours dawn.
You're right. Every day above ground is a good day. Thanks for the good wishes. You sure are nice. You must be a "real" person.

“peace...”

Since: Apr 12

Madisonville, Ky

#66016 Aug 3, 2012
While our names are in lights, we might consider putting on a better show.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#66017 Aug 3, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
Them are fighting words pardner.
Speaking of snakes, I killed the biggest copperhead I have ever seen this morning. The thing is five foot 4in long! I have ever seen a copperhead that big before.
IMOPSTER

London, KY

#66020 Aug 3, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
Hard day at the office Pete?

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66021 Aug 3, 2012
IMPOSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Them are fighting words pardner.
Speaking of snakes, I killed the biggest copperhead I have ever seen this morning. The thing is five foot 4in long! I have ever seen a copperhead that big before.
Fighting words? LOL "our" & "we" aren't fighting words.

That is a big Copperhead! I still haven't been able to get the picture of the 10ft. rattler that was killed in Smithland. The one in the avatar was killed near a chicken growing operation. Wonder if those steroids they're feeding the chickens could be responsible for their "nontypical" size?

“peace...”

Madisonville, Ky

#66022 Aug 3, 2012
IMOPSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Hard day at the office Pete?
ha! What office? My shack ain't even put together. It's laying in a pile up on the hill. My truck blew up, forcing me to trade it for a Goldwing.

Now everybody laughs at me for riding a Jap bike while they're dressed in clothing from Indonesia!(That's only a short version of the story!)

Details to be "revealed" as life continues to unravel.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#66023 Aug 3, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Fighting words? LOL "our" & "we" aren't fighting words.
That is a big Copperhead! I still haven't been able to get the picture of the 10ft. rattler that was killed in Smithland. The one in the avatar was killed near a chicken growing operation. Wonder if those steroids they're feeding the chickens could be responsible for their "nontypical" size?
I don't know whats going on with the reptiles. A couple of friends of mine were ginseng the other day and killed a timber rattler almost nine feet long. I wouldn't have believed them if they haddnt shown me the hide. The odd thing about it was that the rattle only had five rattles and a button. There are no kinds of industrial type animal farming operation anywhere close to my neck of the woods. These guys were deep in the woods, miles from civilization in any direction anyway. I hate snakes. Sorry rattlesnake Pete, but I am like Indiana Jones when it comes to snakes.
IMPOSTER

London, KY

#66024 Aug 3, 2012
Rattlesnake Pete wrote:
<quoted text>ha! What office? My shack ain't even put together. It's laying in a pile up on the hill. My truck blew up, forcing me to trade it for a Goldwing.
Now everybody laughs at me for riding a Jap bike while they're dressed in clothing from Indonesia!(That's only a short version of the story!)
Details to be "revealed" as life continues to unravel.
Sign of the times. Its like that everywhere. My brother is about to lose his house. We have worked our fingers to the bone and what did we get? Boney fingers.
a simple man

Winchester, KY

#66025 Aug 3, 2012
just asking why in hell are we all still talking about a bunch of dead birds ...? really i dont get it?

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#66026 Aug 3, 2012
Who's talking about dead birds?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#66027 Aug 3, 2012
a simple man wrote:
just asking why in hell are we all still talking about a bunch of dead birds ...? really i dont get it?
Beause it hasn't been established what happened to the birds that died in mass. If you know, please tell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Start a discussion 5 hr Mr Mayhem 2
crystal yazell (Apr '09) 5 hr yac 8
manager at paris hardees 7 hr tell us 4
How is Clay's Still Open? (Dec '12) 15 hr yac 15
Fatties takin the carts Thu Hot toddy 5
Ole 68 Club House (Aug '10) Jul 20 Hesarat 10
red head Michelle Browing Jul 20 starlight 7

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance