paris vs bourbon county football
Idiots

United States

#23 Oct 31, 2012
I'm pretty sure Madison southerns running back didn't play he's a game changer and the other two you named haven't played anyone either
Facetook

United States

#24 Oct 31, 2012
One running back doesn't make a team Look back at this post in 3 years, Paris will be in the same place they are currently . Where is their young talent going? Does Paris have their own elementary league? Idiots is just someone who has his Paris goggles on and can't understand the changing of the guard. How many games has Paris won against Bourbkn since the 90's? Since 1998 Paris has Beat Bourbon 4 times!!! Quite the accomplishment!!!
Observer

Lexington, KY

#25 Oct 31, 2012
I do believe Paris has had their own elementary league for sometime now... before BC started doing it again.

There will always be the changing of the guard, ie no one thought BC would come back from the 2 year losing streak, and during that time PHS had a decent team, good athletes, and beat BC everytime.

Now BC is working hard a lot of kids into the program working out... PHS will always from now on have the problem of not having a strong winter weightlifting program, because they will all be playing basketball.(Please don't challenge me on the winter weightlifting theory, because if you do, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.)
Idiots

United States

#26 Oct 31, 2012
I'm pretty sure that Paris has stronger kids then bourbon and the o line was bigger Paris dug their own hole with turnovers and penaltys take that away and you have a good game
Facetook

Paris, KY

#27 Oct 31, 2012
Paris's line may be big but that doesn't mean shit if Bourbon was always in the backfield, causing turnovers, penalties...If you have holding/false start penalties then that obviously means, your're not disciplined or can't handle the opponent. Remember Bourbon turned it over 2 times on Fumbles or the score would of been even higher. This game was never gonna be close, and never will be as long as the two teams play.
Idiots

United States

#28 Oct 31, 2012
Bourbon never fumbled in the redzone Paris did because of a wet ball so yes the game was close till the end of the third going into the fourth
d10

United States

#29 Oct 31, 2012
paris never scored so how was it close at all? a wet ball is no excuse! bourbon didnt complain about a wet ball and they played the same game. sounds like idiots is being put down and is using child excuses. bourbon is a better team and will be from now on. the paris line is bigger and still got ran through so that should tell you who has the stronger and more talented line, size is not a factor. so why dont you act your age and not your shoe size and realize that bourbon is a better team in every aspect of the game.
Tonto

Harrodsburg, KY

#30 Nov 1, 2012
Paris and Harrodsburg used to be rivals and each of them were capable of making a run at the Class A state title. Both schools had numerous good players transfer in. Without those transfers neither would have had the record that both compiled. As the county teams grew stronger kids stopped transfering in from the county schools. When both teams began to take steps backward the transfers from outside the county slowed. Harrodsburg, before they wised up and merged with Mercer County was, as Paris is now, a shadow of itself. Harrodsburg is no more and Paris is still pretending to be what it once was. Paris people should take a tip from Harrodsburg. Merge. Harrodsburg kids are better off and so would Paris kids if they merged. But whatever you do, do not allow the idiot who wants to be placed on the Paris school board so that he could force the rival game to continue to suceed.
Too much hate

Winchester, KY

#31 Nov 2, 2012
Tonto wrote:
I heard a man call in a sports radio show this morning bemoaning the fact that Paris high school will no longer play Bourbon County in football. This idiot says that he will try to be appointed to the Paris school board so that that He CAN force Paris to reschedule Bourbon County. Does this man realize that times have changed? Homer Goins is not comming back to Paris and Bourbon County is not the push over it once was. Actually Paris should move toward not only not playing the bigger school is football but towards thinking about kids first and CONSOLIDATING THE TWO SCHOOL SYSEMS. Maysville was once a small school basketball power. They consolidated long ago. Proud Harrodsburg, once a rival of Paris, gave up the ghost a few years and all kids in Mercer County are better off. Too often people like this clown think only about sports. The purpose of schools are to educate and not entertain.
I'm going to start by saying I'm a greyhound, however I am proud of Bo Co for winning their playoff game tonight and kudos to their state champ band. I'm also going to congratulate paris on their playoff win and for their band making school history for ranking 6th in the state. Times have changed and people should as well. It should be about celebrating the successes of all kids in Paris/Bourbon Co. It shouldn't be negative. I remember when the lady colonels cheered on the lady hounds when they won the regional basketball title... It makes for a better community when we teach our children to be kind. I hope Bourbon County is cheering on my child when she does great things! Just as I hope she is respectful of the kids across town.
parasite

Paris, KY

#32 Nov 2, 2012
56-12 man it's a good thing Lewis county didn't put their starters in. Lmao
Really

Lexington, KY

#33 Nov 2, 2012
Thank you to much hate. I feel we can all support one another! These kids are our future and adults should be mature enough to support our community as a whole.
both schools

United States

#34 Nov 5, 2012
Too much hate wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to start by saying I'm a greyhound, however I am proud of Bo Co for winning their playoff game tonight and kudos to their state champ band. I'm also going to congratulate paris on their playoff win and for their band making school history for ranking 6th in the state. Times have changed and people should as well. It should be about celebrating the successes of all kids in Paris/Bourbon Co. It shouldn't be negative. I remember when the lady colonels cheered on the lady hounds when they won the regional basketball title... It makes for a better community when we teach our children to be kind. I hope Bourbon County is cheering on my child when she does great things! Just as I hope she is respectful of the kids across town.
I agree totally I think there should be equal support of these kids, and as far as the rival game, it was always about the fun Bo co was always the bigger school but at Paris everyone who wants to play gets to play. It's about the toss up who's gonna win the top dog(boco) or the underdogs(pars) not every fight is fair, but when the underdogs come up and beat the top dogs it was fun but they didn't go in thinking they were gonna smash them it's all about fun.As far as the two schools combining I don't believe they should Paris can stand on its own they have far to many accomplishments to just close down and loose its name, it's a PRIDE thing!
truth

Paris, KY

#35 Nov 5, 2012
Too much hate wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to start by saying I'm a greyhound, however I am proud of Bo Co for winning their playoff game tonight and kudos to their state champ band. I'm also going to congratulate paris on their playoff win and for their band making school history for ranking 6th in the state. Times have changed and people should as well. It should be about celebrating the successes of all kids in Paris/Bourbon Co. It shouldn't be negative. I remember when the lady colonels cheered on the lady hounds when they won the regional basketball title... It makes for a better community when we teach our children to be kind. I hope Bourbon County is cheering on my child when she does great things! Just as I hope she is respectful of the kids across town.
I completely agree and wish both teams success!!
haha

Lexington, MA

#36 Nov 8, 2012
All i have to say as someone who went to bourbon for my freshman year is i think it s a real crime what bourbon does to oaris year in and year out. What crime you ask? The crime of stealing players from paris. Case in point kentayvus hopkins. He went to paris middleschool then when he went to highschool he chose bourbon. 5000 yards and 4 wins over paris later bourbon did it again stealing marqueze hill from the hounds. Its not right. Plus bourbon currently has a qb who last year played at nichokas county. But i guess it is true if your parents are willing to drive you can go wherever you please. But thats the real reason the rivalry isnt continuing. And to be frank i dont blame them . That be like alabama a and m playing bama every year. However , think about this id the hounds actually were able to keep their kids at paris i highly doubt paris would be hurting. Which glad to see they are coming back !
Observer

Lexington, KY

#37 Nov 8, 2012
If he choose to go to BC, how is that stealing?

You have no proof of that. So it is pointless to even say that, and it makes look like "Paris" is desperate for excuses. So please just don't even say stuff like that.

* And just an opinion, Paris School does not have any supporters stepping up to help make their sporting facilitis better. It looks bad over there, it is old and needs MANY updates. You can only paint things that are 30+ years old for so long. And all the graphics, it's way to much.
* Just my opinion.
please

Paris, KY

#38 Nov 10, 2012
hope boco goes down, it will serve them and their sucky as$ coaches right haha!
parasite

Paris, KY

#39 Nov 10, 2012
please wrote:
hope boco goes down, it will serve them and their sucky as$ coaches right haha!
Me too! This 13-0 season is ridiculous!
parasite

Paris, KY

#40 Nov 16, 2012
55-13 Train keeps Rollin!!
Parent

Winchester, KY

#41 Nov 16, 2012
Just a little FYI - the QB's Dad lives and owns a business in Paris. That's why Dalton goes to Bourbon. Bourbon doesn't "steal" talent. Talent chooses to go elsewhere.
Fudd

Paris, KY

#42 Nov 18, 2012
Glad BoCo has such nice football facilities so the kids can remember their glory days. As the schools' test scores keep being sub standard and graduation rate of 80 percent. That's the only thing they will have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney Duncan 2 hr What 7
Discrete BBW 10 hr Susan 13
Ryan M Lykins Meth dealer and informant 10 hr Flat bills 4
Meth dealers 11 hr Yournewbf 9
jarrod davidson (Apr '13) 12 hr Yournewbf 6
I just found out what topics is and so far I ha... Aug 14 Michaela L Mattingly 4
do not believe anything on topix! Aug 14 OMG 1

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages