Edgar County grand jury to review rec...

Edgar County grand jury to review records of 1986 slayings

There are 9 comments on the Tribune-Star story from Jan 30, 2006, titled Edgar County grand jury to review records of 1986 slayings. In it, Tribune-Star reports that:

A grand jury in Edgar County, Ill., is scheduled to review investigative records related to the 1986 slayings of Dyke and Karen Rhoads.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tribune-Star.

Barry Griffith

Chicago, IL

#1 Feb 5, 2006
My cousin was dating that man convicted of killing Dyke and Karen and he came straight out and admitted that he went to Dyke and Karen's home to collect a debt over cocaine and said he cornered them both in their home and that they pleaded with him and he was drunk and Karen tried to get away and he "instinctively" stabbed her to keep her from getting away and then her husband tried to get away and he repeatedly stabbed them both and once they were dead he set the house on fire to try and cover up the crime. He admitted this to my cousin several times and she wanted to end their relationship and then she was afraid to for obvious reasons. He also related that to a man named Donny Comstock. I cannot imagine whats to review. He committed this crime in 1987 right? My cousin used to have me hang around on weekends when I was in Paris to visit who at the time was my girlfriend and later became my wife, Vickie Ogden Griffith, 909 W. Elizabeth Street in Paris. I believe his name was Randy something or other but I only met him on or twice so I honestly don't remember his name. There is certainly no doubt that he is the guilty party so let him sit there and rot. My ex-wife was one of the sweetest people in the world and she knew the victims personally and said that it affected her for years afterwards and I just felt I had to weigh in on this subject. I don't know why they are reviewing the records but if it's to look at letting the guilty party out I personally believe it would certainly be a travesty of justice. Like I said, I met him a couple of times and he was nothing but a drunk and drug abuser and preyed on the weak and I'm sure the Illinois prison system has done nothing but honed those traits and skills that he naturally possessed back in '86 or '87 when he committed that crime among others and I have an 18 year old son and an ex-wife whom I love dearly and I would hate to think he was being allowed to breath the same air that my family is breathing.

Sincerely,

BARRY WAYNE GRIFFITH, SR.
Betty Brown

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2007
I think you're full of horse feathers. Herb Whitlock and Randy Steidl DID NOT commit those murders and it's as plain as the nose on your face! Those so called witnesses were so incredible it wasn't even funny. They put those two men behind bars to protect the real perpetrator(s) because they're probably very well off, powerful and dangerous!

I pray for the day that Herbie Ray will be also set free. He's suffered enough for something he DID NOT DO!!!
randy

Paris, IL

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Barry Griffith wrote:
My cousin was dating that man convicted of killing Dyke and Karen and he came straight out and admitted that he went to Dyke and Karen's home to collect a debt over cocaine and said he cornered them both in their home and that they pleaded with him and he was drunk and Karen tried to get away and he "instinctively" stabbed her to keep her from getting away and then her husband tried to get away and he repeatedly stabbed them both and once they were dead he set the house on fire to try and cover up the crime. He admitted this to my cousin several times and she wanted to end their relationship and then she was afraid to for obvious reasons. He also related that to a man named Donny Comstock. I cannot imagine whats to review. He committed this crime in 1987 right? My cousin used to have me hang around on weekends when I was in Paris to visit who at the time was my girlfriend and later became my wife, Vickie Ogden Griffith, 909 W. Elizabeth Street in Paris. I believe his name was Randy something or other but I only met him on or twice so I honestly don't remember his name. There is certainly no doubt that he is the guilty party so let him sit there and rot. My ex-wife was one of the sweetest people in the world and she knew the victims personally and said that it affected her for years afterwards and I just felt I had to weigh in on this subject. I don't know why they are reviewing the records but if it's to look at letting the guilty party out I personally believe it would certainly be a travesty of justice. Like I said, I met him a couple of times and he was nothing but a drunk and drug abuser and preyed on the weak and I'm sure the Illinois prison system has done nothing but honed those traits and skills that he naturally possessed back in '86 or '87 when he committed that crime among others and I have an 18 year old son and an ex-wife whom I love dearly and I would hate to think he was being allowed to breath the same air that my family is breathing.
Sincerely,

You don't remember his name or are you making this up
CEC

West Terre Haute, IN

#5 Dec 29, 2010
They have both been out for a long time, you dumba$$e$. At lest find out what has went on the last 5 or 6 years before you start running your mouths.

Since: Dec 10

League City, TX

#6 Dec 30, 2010
You DO NOT use Donny Comstocks name in vain!
Donna Saners

Paris, IL

#7 Dec 30, 2010
I think this needs look in to
hmmm

Huntington, IN

#8 Dec 30, 2010
Personally who cares....this crap goes on every day.. Only dif is that it happen in this town.... U would be amazed at how many people have been fed to the pigs around here... Only dif is most people dont know bout it... Or they werent respectable people... Why should it matter if they wer productive or not? We are all human.... Look at the guy that was hit by a drunk a** b1atch on route one and was only givin 4 years probation.... Come on she had just had a accident the year before that drinking and driving.... And she hits this guy and leaves him for dead? She should fry... But since he was a drunk it didnt matter.... Bottom line is the world isnt fair... And in the town of paris its all bout who u know!!!
Barry Griffith

West Terre Haute, IN

#9 Oct 3, 2012

Sincerely,

Ishiat Midrawrs

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
David Rands? What a [email protected] joke. His nickname is "rollover rands". Google a murder trial that he prosecuted down at Olney this last spring. Dumb [email protected] did not even have the cops collect evidence from the weapon or even consider viewing the videotape which cleared the accused. Cost the taxpayers a pretty penny. Nothing will come of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Haley ???? Not sure Thu doglegleft 20
Jennifer Davidson Wed Sheri 8
Soon baby soon... Tue MGM 11
Poll Disclosure: Best Newspaper in Heartland ...May ... (Dec '15) Jul 25 Jerome 215
Angela Fights Back With Stubborn Stupid Drivel. Jul 25 you no nuttin 10
Food Fights & COOKIE WARS Jul 24 u dum kntz 5
Go to the SOURCE..buy Disclosure! (Nov '15) Jul 24 ROFLMFAO w BUBBA 158

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages