Who do you support for Sheriff in Illinois (Edgar County) in 2010?

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
N

Paris, IL

#1 Oct 13, 2010
time for a change
vote nov 2

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2010
Vote Motley
Fred

Clearfield, PA

#3 Oct 14, 2010
Hes a republican
John

Alexandria, PA

#4 Oct 15, 2010
Too much corruption in current administration. Time to move on Tim.
Dumb Bass

Tyrone, PA

#5 Oct 15, 2010
The arrest of two deputies three weeks before the election just drives home the ineptitude of the current administration. We need a change. Motley is a law enforcement professional.
foggy dewherst

Catlin, IL

#6 Oct 15, 2010
Dumb Bass wrote:
The arrest of two deputies three weeks before the election just drives home the ineptitude of the current administration. We need a change. Motley is a law enforcement professional.
we can put a badge on his chest.... let just dont jump the gun. and put wing's on his back just yet....
Shane

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2010
Ship is sinking jumping Ship!
Paris Person

Tyrone, PA

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Edgar County needs someone in the Sheriff's office that actually has knowledge of how the system is SUPPOSED to work. One who will actually follow statute & enforce the law no matter "who you are".
Just Curious

West Terre Haute, IN

#9 Oct 16, 2010
Need someone to uphold the law, not abuse the law!
me

Paris, IL

#10 Oct 16, 2010
no explaination needed
Just Sayin

Curwensville, PA

#11 Oct 16, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
Need someone to uphold the law, not abuse the law!
Tim Crippes has not abused the law. He acted in good faith by calling in the state police when his employees were disrespecting their profession. I call that integrity. Motley can claim experience, but running a prison and serving the citizens of Edgar County are two different things. Crippes is NOT under investigation personally and has provided quality law enforcement for the citizens of Edgar county. Put the hater-aid away.

Since: Apr 10

Richland Center, WI

#12 Oct 16, 2010
The county definately needs to wake up & realize the "good ole boy" needs to have a new job!
Just Curious

West Terre Haute, IN

#13 Oct 17, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Crippes has not abused the law. He acted in good faith by calling in the state police when his employees were disrespecting their profession. I call that integrity. Motley can claim experience, but running a prison and serving the citizens of Edgar County are two different things. Crippes is NOT under investigation personally and has provided quality law enforcement for the citizens of Edgar county. Put the hater-aid away.
Yup, Edgar County Sheriff's department talked to them and told them they took care of it, they had them resign. They were going to sweep it under the rug! Not the same as calling them in for a full investigation as Crippes as tried to lead everyone to believe.
tank murdock

Paris, IL

#14 Oct 17, 2010
tim is a good cop just cause he dont tan dont make him a bad guy if bill can do it why not the popo
Just Sayin

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Oct 18, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, Edgar County Sheriff's department talked to them and told them they took care of it, they had them resign. They were going to sweep it under the rug! Not the same as calling them in for a full investigation as Crippes as tried to lead everyone to believe.
How do you know they were going to sweep it under the rug? Crippes maintained confidentiality during the invetigation and people on this forum claim that indicates a cover up. Seriously? The rumor that Crippes was arrested Saturday proves how low some people will go to drag someone through the mud.
Just Curious

Mattoon, IL

#16 Oct 18, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know they were going to sweep it under the rug? Crippes maintained confidentiality during the invetigation and people on this forum claim that indicates a cover up. Seriously? The rumor that Crippes was arrested Saturday proves how low some people will go to drag someone through the mud.
Read the article closing and his statement...they talked to them and it was going to take a few days and in the meantime the two resigned. Then later in the article it stated the State's attorneys office was in contact with the ISP. Put two and two together and realize that Crippes was going to leave it as them resigning! Plus I know it on a very good source that he was not pushing for it as was allowing just the resignations to be enough!
Just Sayin

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Oct 18, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the article closing and his statement...they talked to them and it was going to take a few days and in the meantime the two resigned. Then later in the article it stated the State's attorneys office was in contact with the ISP. Put two and two together and realize that Crippes was going to leave it as them resigning! Plus I know it on a very good source that he was not pushing for it as was allowing just the resignations to be enough!
So I read it. Here you go...from the Beacon...
“When the allegations were made, we contacted the state police, as is our policy, because it was an internal affairs matter,” said Tim Crippes, Edgar County Sheriff.“The state police couldn’t get to it for a few days, and we started our own internal investigation. In the meantime, they (Rhoads and Ball) resigned.”

"Illinois State Police Zone 5 Special Agents started their investigation on June 21 per an additional request from the Edgar County State’s Attorney’s Office. Following the investigation, warrants were issued by the Edgar County Circuit Court, and the arrests were made by Zone 5 agents, officers from Illinois State Police District 10 and the Illinois State Police Special Weapons and Tactics Unit (SWAT)."

This indicates Crippes and the State's Attorney's office followed proper procedure. No need to put two and two together when its in black and white. Try again!
Just Curious

Mattoon, IL

#18 Oct 18, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
So I read it. Here you go...from the Beacon...
“When the allegations were made, we contacted the state police, as is our policy, because it was an internal affairs matter,” said Tim Crippes, Edgar County Sheriff.“The state police couldn’t get to it for a few days, and we started our own internal investigation. In the meantime, they (Rhoads and Ball) resigned.”
"Illinois State Police Zone 5 Special Agents started their investigation on June 21 per an additional request from the Edgar County State’s Attorney’s Office. Following the investigation, warrants were issued by the Edgar County Circuit Court, and the arrests were made by Zone 5 agents, officers from Illinois State Police District 10 and the Illinois State Police Special Weapons and Tactics Unit (SWAT)."
This indicates Crippes and the State's Attorney's office followed proper procedure. No need to put two and two together when its in black and white. Try again!
Why do you think the State's Attorney's office had to make an additional reguest? It is because the Sheriff's department told them they had taken care of it (making them resign!) I am not here to argue, just get the facts straight! The sheriff was misleading in the article, he didn't actually lie, just mislead.
Just Sayin

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Oct 18, 2010
Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think the State's Attorney's office had to make an additional reguest? It is because the Sheriff's department told them they had taken care of it (making them resign!) I am not here to argue, just get the facts straight! The sheriff was misleading in the article, he didn't actually lie, just mislead.
Because the State's Attorney is responsible for filing charges. Its called cooperation between public offices. I'm not here to argue either, but I'm rather disgusted by posters who make up the facts as they go along.
Duke

Alexandria, PA

#20 Oct 18, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the State's Attorney is responsible for filing charges. Its called cooperation between public offices. I'm not here to argue either, but I'm rather disgusted by posters who make up the facts as they go along.
Ok... so Crippes asks the state to take a look. The state doesn't have time (for some reason), so Crippes does an internal investigation for the time being, until the state has time. During the internal investigation, the boys resign to save face. Time passes... the state doesn't ever show up, so then the states attorney, who was in the middle of a judge election battle, calls the state up to re-request an investigation? Why did he need to call again? Didn't Crippes already call?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you get when you cross a pig with a frog? 2 hr dear abby 6
Disclosure: Fair & Balanced? 10 hr PigPunFun 51
Little Kid 14 hr jeanette justice 14
Why did DuaMe stroke out? 15 hr The TRUTH 1
How do frogs die? 15 hr The TRUTH 4
Edgar County Watchdogs Make Themselves and Edga... (Jan '13) 17 hr ExJanitor 860
Vitale, Morgan & The Board Brothers (May '09) 21 hr Joes Pizza is Kil... 840
Paris Dating
Find my Match

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Paris News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Paris

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:14 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:14PM