Champaign Paper
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 3, 2010
Champaign paper had story,Looks like Randy and Herb are going to turn the tables on a few, Eckerty,Marlowe and McFatridge wonder how that will turn out???
Paris Resident

Warren, PA

#2 Oct 3, 2010
marymoffett wrote:
Champaign paper had story,Looks like Randy and Herb are going to turn the tables on a few, Eckerty,Marlowe and McFatridge wonder how that will turn out???
What day was the article in the paper? I couldn't find any mention online. I am really interested in how this turns out.

You know that Marlowe's mother in law and father in law live in Paris, right? Not sure if that really matters but it does give him a link to Paris.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 4, 2010
I believe it was Saturdays,I was told about it,Yes I do know Marlowes in-laws live in Paris,and I know them pretty well they are good people,I am waiting to see if the Beacon news says anything about this and I am like you interested in seeing how this will turn out,I imagine it will drag out,but well see.
Curious

Malabar, FL

#4 Oct 4, 2010
marymoffett wrote:
I believe it was Saturdays,I was told about it,Yes I do know Marlowes in-laws live in Paris,and I know them pretty well they are good people,I am waiting to see if the Beacon news says anything about this and I am like you interested in seeing how this will turn out,I imagine it will drag out,but well see.
Just curious, what does the article say?

Location hidden

#5 Oct 4, 2010
Curious, It was read to me over the phone so before I repeat anything I will see if I can get my hands on it cause we all know how the people on this site will eat you alive if you dont have the facts straight,I believe the article was written by Jim Dey?? I couldnt get anything recent to come up,so I will get back with you n a bit.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 4, 2010
Im sorry "Curious"it was read to me over the phone so before I repeat anything I will check on it again,I just know that Randy and Herb I believe are sueing Eckerty,Marlow,McFatridge I Think,so before I say anything else I want to get more info,
foggy dewherst

Hoopeston, IL

#7 Oct 4, 2010
you posted the same thing twice .... you posted the same thing twice.... it's a conspiracy.!!!!
foggy dewherst

Hoopeston, IL

#8 Oct 4, 2010
a peanut; and a can of spam; gee you folk's are swell !!!!!! i just wish i could leave you with a little something .......
Curious

Malabar, FL

#9 Oct 4, 2010
marymoffett wrote:
Im sorry "Curious"it was read to me over the phone so before I repeat anything I will check on it again,I just know that Randy and Herb I believe are sueing Eckerty,Marlow,McFatridge I Think,so before I say anything else I want to get more info,
I think this(trial) has been going on since last year. Is the story about the verdict?
No E

United States

#10 Oct 5, 2010
Mary, drop the E at the end of the name, I'm Irish, not English. And yes, Bob and Glennie are good people.
DUCT MAN

League City, TX

#11 Oct 5, 2010
marymoffett wrote:
Curious, It was read to me over the phone so before I repeat anything I will see if I can get my hands on it cause we all know how the people on this site will eat you alive if you dont have the facts straight,I believe the article was written by Jim Dey?? I couldnt get anything recent to come up,so I will get back with you n a bit.
GILL can't eat you alive, he has to use a straw. Poor little sucker!!!
Hey Jeff

Warren, PA

#12 Oct 5, 2010
No E wrote:
Mary, drop the E at the end of the name, I'm Irish, not English. And yes, Bob and Glennie are good people.
Hey Jeff... glad to see you here. Can you add any details on what is going on for us? You are retired now right? Also, can you shed any light on what is going on up at the Sheriff's department? Are they being investigated? Inquiring minds want to know.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 5, 2010
Ok,"No E"if you want to critize spelling or proper wording thats fine,I was only wondering if anyone had any information on what was in the Champaign paper this weekend,I wasnt aware there was or is a trial going on,I know maybe some people of Paris may get tired of this case,but I think of the families they deserve for the truth to come out,I hope someday they will hear it.
Dumb Bass

Punxsutawney, PA

#15 Oct 5, 2010
There foggy, I left you a peanut and a can of spam on that post, too. Just to let you know I was thinking of you.
foggy dewherst wrote:
a peanut; and a can of spam; gee you folk's are swell !!!!!! i just wish i could leave you with a little something .......
foggy dewherst

Hoopeston, IL

#16 Oct 5, 2010
Dumb Bass wrote:
There foggy, I left you a peanut and a can of spam on that post, too. Just to let you know I was thinking of you.
<quoted text>
thanks old boy !!!!! anybody want some spam and egg's ??????
DUCT MAN

League City, TX

#17 Oct 6, 2010
foggy dewherst wrote:
<quoted text> thanks old boy !!!!! anybody want some spam and egg's ??????
Hey FOGGY, If you run them through a blender I bet GILL would find that much to his likin'.
Eyes and Ears

Punxsutawney, PA

#18 Oct 6, 2010
The story ran in the October 2nd edition of The News Gazette. It was in the opinion section and was wrote by Mr. Jim Dey. The article is no where to be found online, so here are the key points:

*Civil Rights lawsuit filed by Steidl and Whitlock

*Set to begin January 10th, 2011 in U.S. District Court in Urbana

*Suit has been filed against 13 defendants (Edgar County, City of Paris, former Police Chief Gene Ray, former investigator James Parrish, retired ISP investigator Jack Eckerty, former States Attorney Michael McFatridge, retired ISP Col. Diana Carper, retired ISP investigator Jeff Marlow, retired ISP Capt. Steve Fermon, former ISP adminstrators Charles Brueggemann and Andre Parker, and Debra Reinbolt).

* Trial expected to last a few months

* McFatridge has filed suit in Sangamon County, in order to have the State of Illinois pay for his legal fees, since he was formally an employee of the state (State's Attorney). State is denying his request.
No E

Roy, WA

#19 Oct 6, 2010
I hope for a non-biased media coverage.... its all I ask. Open mind. No presumption of guilt OR innocense. And yes kids, this really is me. I will say no more.....here and now at least. Come on January!

Location hidden

#20 Oct 6, 2010
Thank you "eyes n ears" for the update,wonder why the Beacon didnt have anything in it????
foggy dewherst

Hoopeston, IL

#21 Oct 6, 2010
DUCT MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey FOGGY, If you run them through a blender I bet GILL would find that much to his likin'.
ductman .... will you please leave gilligan alone.????? he' just playing with his starwar;es action figures and not bothering anyone..... lil gillbert is a sweet hart !!!! and he did not deserve the beating he took from those ruffians .... it's ok honey !!!!! eat your pudding.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Civil Rights -Other Charges Filed Against Howse... 3 hr Thorn 1
Paris high property tax slum buildings 14 hr yellow 1
Cleaning up the Paris IL Topix Blog (Aug '07) Jun 22 WHO CARES 78
Clowns Wtf (Oct '16) Jun 15 WHO CARES 2
battery on court house fence Jun 14 Burn Yee In Hell 5
$10 to shop at fair grounds lol Jun 10 bozo 1

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages