Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52055 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#32715 May 12, 2012
How could anyone have empathy for the idiots on here? There are very few that can even hold a discussion. They have absolutely no value. They want to cry that people do not support them but they are the same people that they are calling names. They are just stupid and undeserving.
I don't have any interest in organized religion.
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not on a religious roll. It is just the fact that so many use religion as an excuse to gay bash. They act all high and mighty when they are in fact just as much sinners as the ones they point their fingers at. We are all human, and we all deserve to live a life of happiness. If you are a good person and are committing no crimes and hurting no one, then what business is it of anyone else about who you marry?
No one seems to have any empathy these days, it is always hatred and intolerance. Well, hatred and intolerance stem from ignorance... people fear what is different, or what they don't understand... it is the same reason people will point their fingers and whisper about a deformed person that they see out in public. Empathy requires that you try to understand another person's feelings, and understand how they feel that way and why... in my experience, a lot of "Christians" have NO empathy for anyone except their fellow "Christians", and everyone else is going to burn in hell. To me, that is them showing only their hypocrisy and ignorance.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#32716 May 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
How could anyone have empathy for the idiots on here? There are very few that can even hold a discussion. They have absolutely no value. They want to cry that people do not support them but they are the same people that they are calling names. They are just stupid and undeserving.
I don't have any interest in organized religion.
<quoted text>
well i see it this way god and jesus will decide their fate not us so as long as they pay taxes dont kill rape or murder anyone they keep their lifestyle to themselves I dont care what they do as long as i dont have to see it so be it but all you can do is tell them what the bible says after that its up to them they have free choice from god and the us goverment they dont need us cramming religion down their throats if we did then we would be like Al Qaeda or Hitler, miltary rule is coming to america soon enought so why dont you enjoy your free life so have a nice day!

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#32717 May 12, 2012
Honest AbeL wrote:
Well what age would that be? You just love lying
<quoted text>
Chronologically, who knows?
Emotionally, in regard to GLBT-Q rights, you're over 55.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#32718 May 12, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Then answer the question, or admit that you're just trolling.
Where's the science to support your claim that being gay is a genetic defect?
I have a vendetta against denial. Not just homosexual denial, but denial in any aspect. I have the same 'passion' regarding politics. Some of the passion comes from my professional work with marriage and family. Some from early experiences in life.

I would find it highly unusual that you don't have some degree of fear that you are in denial about homosexuality. I think that is why my comments get under you skin. It is easier to answer a religious belief system or a crazy. But when a simple point of politically incorrect reality is exposed, you get angry.

As to your question. Sexuality, femininity to masculinity falls along a spectrum (Lets agree that there is a combination of genetic and environmental influences.). Over 95% fall on one side or the other. GLBT are 5% at most. Pretty much smack dab in the middle. Just the lopsidedness of that predicates a disorder (I use 'defect' to push denial buttons). For gays and lesbians, sexual attraction is for the same sex. Something their bodies are not designed for. You cannot have 'safe' sex without numerous appendages that have not been available and still are not to most gays. Another sign of a genetic disorder. Bisexuals are a less complex form of confusion, but the distinction between Bi and gay point to a small but sliding scale of genetic transition. Transgendered face the greatest challenge, but also expose the clearest picture of genetic disorder. Somehow the wrong inside was put in a gender. Totally backwards. A mistake they make extreme efforts to change. Most transgendered are not hesitant to admit something went wrong. They can hardly deny the drastic disorder.

This is just one symptom that points to a genetic disorder.

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#32719 May 12, 2012
banfatjan wrote:
li luv lesbians and as to this statement you made in my experience, a lot of "Christians" have NO empathy for anyone except their fellow "Christians", and everyone else is going to burn in hell. you havent been in hucrch for a while they turn on their own just as quick church gossip is just as bad for real and they think just becuase thier inside a building of god their safe wrong did jesus have just 1 church building NO he had the whole planet out doors in doors whoever spoke his name is in gods church when will people figure that out if the Catholic church spent more money on helping people than help themselves out for new buildings and upkeep the world would be a better place dont you think?
I agree, churches spend way too much on themselves than they do helping others... really shows what they truly are.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#32720 May 12, 2012
banfatjan wrote:
<quoted text>well i see it this way god and jesus will decide their fate not us so as long as they pay taxes dont kill rape or murder anyone they keep their lifestyle to themselves I dont care what they do as long as i dont have to see it so be it but all you can do is tell them what the bible says after that its up to them they have free choice from god and the us goverment they dont need us cramming religion down their throats if we did then we would be like Al Qaeda or Hitler, miltary rule is coming to america soon enought so why dont you enjoy your free life so have a nice day!
More words of wisdom from you... I think I am changing the initial impression I had of you.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#32721 May 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a vendetta against denial. Not just homosexual denial, but denial in any aspect. I have the same 'passion' regarding politics. Some of the passion comes from my professional work with marriage and family. Some from early experiences in life.
I would find it highly unusual that you don't have some degree of fear that you are in denial about homosexuality. I think that is why my comments get under you skin. It is easier to answer a religious belief system or a crazy. But when a simple point of politically incorrect reality is exposed, you get angry.
As to your question. Sexuality, femininity to masculinity falls along a spectrum (Lets agree that there is a combination of genetic and environmental influences.). Over 95% fall on one side or the other. GLBT are 5% at most. Pretty much smack dab in the middle. Just the lopsidedness of that predicates a disorder (I use 'defect' to push denial buttons). For gays and lesbians, sexual attraction is for the same sex. Something their bodies are not designed for. You cannot have 'safe' sex without numerous appendages that have not been available and still are not to most gays. Another sign of a genetic disorder. Bisexuals are a less complex form of confusion, but the distinction between Bi and gay point to a small but sliding scale of genetic transition. Transgendered face the greatest challenge, but also expose the clearest picture of genetic disorder. Somehow the wrong inside was put in a gender. Totally backwards. A mistake they make extreme efforts to change. Most transgendered are not hesitant to admit something went wrong. They can hardly deny the drastic disorder.
Well, KiMare, if being homosexual is a defect, then so is having any other skin color than black, any other eye color than brown, or any other hair color than black. Science has come a long way in DNA study and has traced the origin of ALL living humans back to a small tribe in Africa. We started there, and spread out all over the world. Any variation from what they look like is a genetic change from how they are, so to be different from them is to be as you say, a defect. Only 1% of the world population has red hair http://www.myredhairgene.com/ and only 10% of the population is left handed... those numbers are similar to the percentage of homosexuals which is around 2% to 4%. If you look at the natural variations that have happened to humans as we have spread out and populated the world, wouldn't it be safe to say that homosexuality is one of those natural variations?

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#32722 May 12, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, KiMare, if being homosexual is a defect, then so is having any other skin color than black, any other eye color than brown, or any other hair color than black. Science has come a long way in DNA study and has traced the origin of ALL living humans back to a small tribe in Africa. We started there, and spread out all over the world. Any variation from what they look like is a genetic change from how they are, so to be different from them is to be as you say, a defect. Only 1% of the world population has red hair http://www.myredhairgene.com/ and only 10% of the population is left handed... those numbers are similar to the percentage of homosexuals which is around 2% to 4%. If you look at the natural variations that have happened to humans as we have spread out and populated the world, wouldn't it be safe to say that homosexuality is one of those natural variations?
Sorry, forgot to post links for the other 2 examples...

for the % of homosexuals: http://news.discovery.com/human/about-2-of-am...

and for left handed: http://www.apa.org/monitor/2009/01/brain.aspx

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#32723 May 12, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I would find it highly unusual that you don't have some degree of fear that you are in denial about homosexuality.... It is easier to answer a religious belief system or a crazy. But when a simple point of politically incorrect reality is exposed, you get angry.
Your need to travel the denial trail is troubling. The notion that LGBT-Q's are in denial is speculative on your part. Some very well may be; many, if not most, are not.
I was in denial when I married a woman. I was in denial when I tried to pretend that my life was perfect. I was in denial every morning when I got up, got dressed, and assumed a persona so I could proceed with my day. I was playing a role, as if on stage, and it was destroying me.
The day that I looked in the mirror and admitted to myself that I was a gay man, and that it was ok, was the day that the denial stopped. And you know the funniest part? When I told my family, their universal response was "yeah, we knew".
For the past 12 years, I have been happier than I've ever been. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined the wonderful things that have happened to me.
So why do I get take issue with people here?
I'm offended when fundamental a-holes disparage homosexuals in the name of religion. This is NOT Christian behavior.
I'm offended when people who aren't in my shoes make blanket statements about homosexuals. It's naive.
I'm bothered when someone who has NO scientific evidence, yet claims to be intellectually superior to me tells me that my life is a defect.
I respect that you've attempted to answer my question, but your assertion that things "point to a genetic disorder" isn't sufficient for you to continue down that road. Shall we tell red-heads, who are 1-2% of the population that they have a genetic defect? You're also no doubt aware of the Kinsey scale. Can we assume that a Kinsey 2 has a 10% genetic defect, but a Kinsey 6 has a 100% genetic defect?
I grew up in, and worked for, a liberal denomination that said "question everything" and defeat social injustice. Whether people like it, or not, marriage equality IS a civil right. Rights aren't voted on, they are granted. You will never come to accept my marriage, because of your beliefs about gender identity and sexuality, but you don't have the right to deny me my rights.
Given your vendetta against denial, I should think that you'd be more supportive of the many LGBT-Q people (mostly my age and older) who stopped living the lie and became the people they were meant to be.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#32724 May 12, 2012
KiMare,

Your need to travel the denial trail is troubling. The notion that LGBT-Q's are in denial is speculative on your part. Some very well may be; many, if not most, are not.
I was in denial when I married a woman. I was in denial when I tried to pretend that my life was perfect. I was in denial every morning when I got up, got dressed, and assumed a persona so I could proceed with my day. I was playing a role, as if on stage, and it was destroying me.
The day that I looked in the mirror and admitted to myself that I was a gay man, and that it was ok, was the day that the denial stopped. And you know the funniest part? When I told my family, their universal response was "yeah, we knew".
For the past 12 years, I have been happier than I've ever been. In my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined the wonderful things that have happened to me.
I'm offended when fundamental a-holes disparage homosexuals in the name of religion. This is NOT Christian behavior.
I'm offended when people who aren't in my shoes make blanket statements about homosexuals. It's naive.
I'm bothered when someone who has NO scientific evidence, yet claims to be intellectually superior to me tells me that my life is a defect.
I respect that you've attempted to answer my question, but your assertion that things "point to a genetic disorder" isn't sufficient for you to continue down that road. Shall we tell red-heads, who are 1-2% of the population that they have a genetic defect? You're also no doubt aware of the Kinsey scale. Can we assume that a Kinsey 2 has a 10% genetic defect, but a Kinsey 6 has a 100% genetic defect?
I grew up in, and worked for, a liberal denomination that said "question everything" and defeat social injustice. Whether people like it, or not, marriage equality IS a civil right. Rights aren't voted on, they are granted. You will never come to accept my marriage, because of your beliefs about gender identity and sexuality, but you don't have the right to deny me my rights.
Given your vendetta against denial, I should think that you'd be more supportive of the many LGBT-Q people (mostly my age and older) who stopped living the lie and became the people they were meant to be.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#32725 May 12, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, if you want to watch the documentary about our genetics being traced back to Africa, it is called "The Search for Adam", and you can find it here:
&fe ature=related

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#32726 May 12, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
People like KiMare would prefer for us to keep playing that role and pretending to be heterosexuals.

It is better to pretend that we have no "defect" and keep everyone happy, right?**sarcasm**
no way

United States

#32728 May 12, 2012
its not part of gods plan

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#32730 May 12, 2012
no way wrote:
The word "it's" is a contraction of it and is. "Its" is the neuter version of his or her.
The word "God" is a proper noun. As such, it should be capitalized.
A noun is possessive if a phrase can be changed to say that an item belongs to someone. In other words, the plan of God becomes "God's plan".

It's God's plan for you to quit trolling the tread for replies, Mr. Troll.

You're welcome. ;-)

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#32731 May 12, 2012
Ovomit 10 dollar a gallon wrote:
<quoted text>
you liar
the word gay came from people watching you walk
why was ovomit against same sex marriage until last week ?
when he flip flopped to get the gay vote
Do you seriously think he was against it until last week?

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32732 May 13, 2012
no way wrote:
um... did god tell you that it wasn't. or do you know what god was thinking?

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32733 May 13, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "it's" is a contraction of it and is. "Its" is the neuter version of his or her.
The word "God" is a proper noun. As such, it should be capitalized.
A noun is possessive if a phrase can be changed to say that an item belongs to someone. In other words, the plan of God becomes "God's plan".
It's God's plan for you to quit trolling the tread for replies, Mr. Troll.
You're welcome. ;-)
jon... the word god is only a proper noun when it's written within the context of the english language. in fact,'proper nouns' only matter to english speakers. a good example of this is the fact, that to portuguÍs speakers and writers nationalities and country names aren't capitalised, thus you only get 'english', not 'English'. this simply means that jsut because you speak english doesn't mean that you deserve a big letter... and just because you're a god doesn't either.

not only that, but there are thousands of gods in the cosmos, so it may just be gods' plan. other than that you're spot on.:o)
keep up the good work.

Location hidden

#32734 May 13, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confusing genetic mutations with genetic defects. Genetic variations are constantly occurring. Some are good, some are bad, and some just are. Scientists are still trying to uncover how and why sexual genetic disorders occur.

Evolution determines which mutations increase, and which decrease. Homosexuality appears extremely consistent over time. That indicates it is a naturally occurring mutation, but that it has no purpose. The aspect of defect comes in at this point. The basis of evolution is that a genetic strain increases by reproduction. This requires two things; 1. The ability to reproduce, and 2. The desire to self reproduce. Homosexuality fails on the second count. A MAJOR defect. Your response will be that gays can manufacture reproduction. First, that is a recent development that does not address thousands of years of consistent presence. Second, homosexuality shows up independently.

Now step back. You left the transgendered hanging in the wind. The severity of their situation leaves them undefendable. Because homosexuality is less severe, that exempts them from being a defect? Not reasonable or fair.

Location hidden

#32737 May 13, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
KiMare,
You make my point.

You wrote, "And you know the funniest part? When I told my family, their universal response was "yeah, we knew"."

Who was in denial?

You are still in denial. Yes, you admitted you are gay, but you have not admitted that it is a aberration of nature.

That is a simple fact of history, science and culture. Or succinctly put, reality. Nothing you said changes the facts I noted. You simply noted why you refused to accept it, and castigated everyone who disagrees.
john pickard

United States

#32739 May 13, 2012
http://youtu.be/eYaM_j5t0mI .rad 99.500 in ky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aug 15 Real Civil Rights 3

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages