10 year old girl commits suicide

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
curious

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Nov 14, 2011
10 year old girl from Ridgefarm commits suicide as a result of bullying. This is so, so sad.
WoW

Terre Haute, IN

#2 Nov 14, 2011
Sad yes, but one question..... where the hell were her parents when this happened? I'm sorry, but I have kids this age and I don't see how a child could find the time to do this if the parents were around. There are behaviors that lead up to this, things that they should have noticed, questions that they should have asked her when they noticed something was wrong. If the bullying was happening at school, reports should have been made, conferences held, etc, etc, etc. I find it hard to believe that everyone of the adults in her life did not notice anything was wrong and let it go to a point that she did this to herself. Come on people. Talk to your kids. Watch how they interact with others, be a parent. Bullying is bad yes, but so is giving your kid a cell phone and sending them on their way, not knowing who their friends are, or what's happening in their daily life.
Retired Teacher

Valdosta, GA

#3 Nov 14, 2011
This is very, very sad. It is not the parents fault, and it's not the teachers fault. Teachers have not been able to punish bullies for decades due to law suits, spoiled kids, and spoiled parents. Back in the day teachers could punish kids when they needed it, and by god it worked! You cannot fully control children 24-7 like the above "WoW" thinks you can. WoW, one question to you, where did you grow up and go to school, disneyland or fantasyland! There are lots of heart felt thoughts and prayers going out to the little girl, her family, and their friends at this time of need. May God Bless the little girl and her family.
another retired teacher

Paris, IL

#4 Nov 14, 2011
There was a time when parents sent children to school after teaching them the Golden Rule at home. "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Children knew what proper behavior towards others was. If a child was hateful toward another, the parent held the child responsible. Many parents still do this and they are to be applauded. But lets not put the responsibility on the schools to teach students to be kind towards others--that should have been taught from day one by the parents.

What happened to this little girl is horrible and sad. May the family find some peace from the outpouring of support they are getting.

Since: Oct 11

Dallas, TX

#5 Nov 15, 2011
I totally agree. I was once an elementary teacher, but, once the administration tied the teachers' hands when it came to discipline, I found myself disgusted with the entire education process. I agree that there are good teachers who care, but it seems that the parents are ultimately responsible for raising their children; it cannot be totally left up to the school system. Somewhere in this little girl's life, there was a disconnect between her trust in her family and in her teachers. Apparently, she did not feel like she could go to anyone for help. It is so sad to think that a little 10-year-old girl felt she had nothing to live for ... unimaginable! My thoughts and prayers so out to her family ... I hope she finally found the peace she was looking for.
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 15, 2011
Ijimy wrote:
I totally agree. I was once an elementary teacher, but, once the administration tied the teachers' hands when it came to discipline, I found myself disgusted with the entire education process. I agree that there are good teachers who care, but it seems that the parents are ultimately responsible for raising their children; it cannot be totally left up to the school system. Somewhere in this little girl's life, there was a disconnect between her trust in her family and in her teachers. Apparently, she did not feel like she could go to anyone for help. It is so sad to think that a little 10-year-old girl felt she had nothing to live for ... unimaginable! My thoughts and prayers so out to her family ... I hope she finally found the peace she was looking for.
You were a teacher like paris preacher is a preacher. Stop trying to impress with lies and exaggerations. It did not take long to crack this case!
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#7 Nov 15, 2011
another retired teacher wrote:
There was a time when parents sent children to school after teaching them the Golden Rule at home. "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Children knew what proper behavior towards others was. If a child was hateful toward another, the parent held the child responsible. Many parents still do this and they are to be applauded. But lets not put the responsibility on the schools to teach students to be kind towards others--that should have been taught from day one by the parents.
What happened to this little girl is horrible and sad. May the family find some peace from the outpouring of support they are getting.
Stop playing the blame game here. On one hand you, without knowing anything about the family judge them, and in the next sentence bless them. Parents no need more grief. Wish them peace and stop trying to act smart. Who cares if you were a teacher. A little girl is dead. Your ego has no place here.
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#8 Nov 15, 2011
Retired Teacher wrote:
This is very, very sad. It is not the parents fault, and it's not the teachers fault. Teachers have not been able to punish bullies for decades due to law suits, spoiled kids, and spoiled parents. Back in the day teachers could punish kids when they needed it, and by god it worked! You cannot fully control children 24-7 like the above "WoW" thinks you can. WoW, one question to you, where did you grow up and go to school, disneyland or fantasyland! There are lots of heart felt thoughts and prayers going out to the little girl, her family, and their friends at this time of need. May God Bless the little girl and her family.
Very sincere indeed. I agree. God bless this family as they grieve over such a horrible tragdy. Noone is to blame.
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#9 Nov 15, 2011
WoW wrote:
Sad yes, but one question..... where the hell were her parents when this happened? I'm sorry, but I have kids this age and I don't see how a child could find the time to do this if the parents were around. There are behaviors that lead up to this, things that they should have noticed, questions that they should have asked her when they noticed something was wrong. If the bullying was happening at school, reports should have been made, conferences held, etc, etc, etc. I find it hard to believe that everyone of the adults in her life did not notice anything was wrong and let it go to a point that she did this to herself. Come on people. Talk to your kids. Watch how they interact with others, be a parent. Bullying is bad yes, but so is giving your kid a cell phone and sending them on their way, not knowing who their friends are, or what's happening in their daily life.
Who in the hell do you think you are? Butt out!

Since: Oct 11

Dallas, TX

#10 Nov 15, 2011
Nut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>You were a teacher like paris preacher is a preacher. Stop trying to impress with lies and exaggerations. It did not take long to crack this case!
I don't know about Paris Preacher, but I do know that I WAS a TEACHER! I'm not trying to impress anyone; I was only trying to get a point across about this tragic story. You should not presume to know anything about those who post here. The only thing we know for sure on Topix is that YOU, Nut Cracker, are A NUT!
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#11 Nov 15, 2011
Ijimy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about Paris Preacher, but I do know that I WAS a TEACHER! I'm not trying to impress anyone; I was only trying to get a point across about this tragic story. You should not presume to know anything about those who post here. The only thing we know for sure on Topix is that YOU, Nut Cracker, are A NUT!
Being a school teacher of course gives you the right to play the blame game by inferring that parents might just be responsible. Teachers like you love to treat parents as inferiors. An expression of grief would have done well....but oh no, school teacher has all of the answers. I can not stand know it alls, and that is exactly how you have presented yourself, rather than just being a kind compassionate human being.... try that some time.
Spanky

Charleston, IL

#12 Nov 15, 2011
As someone who grew up in the 70s, and WAS taught the Golden Rule by my parents...it's time for teachers/administrators to get their heads out of the sand. Most schools attempt to have an anti-bullying policy. Still, many do not, and in fact foster a hostile environment by turning a blind eye. I expect my child to go to school and not be threatened in hallways and locker rooms. Funny thing is, if my son defends himself, well by God we have a "no tolerance" policy for fighting! BS. I have taught him not to start anything, but he can sure as hell finish it, and I will stand behind him.
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 15, 2011
Spanky wrote:
As someone who grew up in the 70s, and WAS taught the Golden Rule by my parents...it's time for teachers/administrators to get their heads out of the sand. Most schools attempt to have an anti-bullying policy. Still, many do not, and in fact foster a hostile environment by turning a blind eye. I expect my child to go to school and not be threatened in hallways and locker rooms. Funny thing is, if my son defends himself, well by God we have a "no tolerance" policy for fighting! BS. I have taught him not to start anything, but he can sure as hell finish it, and I will stand behind him.
Obviously you were not talk about respect for God. The golden rule is nothing with out that important ingredient.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Nov 15, 2011
Nut Cracker wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you were not talk about respect for God. The golden rule is nothing with out that important ingredient.
you respect no one jan...not your mother..hitting your sister is 'real respect' and you dont respect yourself or you wouldnt be on here threatening and showing your a** 24/7. as for God...when you call people you dont even know skanks, horses a**es and such..how can you talk about God in the same sentence? That is against what God preaches isnt it?? you go on the veterans posting and call guys idiots and tell them theyve never been in the service...how do you know that??? look at yourself in the mirror jan and see what you really are...dysfunctional to the max!!!!
Nut Cracker

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 15, 2011
Darren Wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
you respect no one jan...not your mother..hitting your sister is 'real respect' and you dont respect yourself or you wouldnt be on here threatening and showing your a** 24/7. as for God...when you call people you dont even know skanks, horses a**es and such..how can you talk about God in the same sentence? That is against what God preaches isnt it?? you go on the veterans posting and call guys idiots and tell them theyve never been in the service...how do you know that??? look at yourself in the mirror jan and see what you really are...dysfunctional to the max!!!!
Why should Jan, myself, or anyone have respect for sleaze bags like you. You are blind and need to look in the mirror. I have read the posts and unlike your hero, Jan has never once cursed God if she has you will have to prove that to me by documenting it.. The disrespect you and the other freaks exhibit on this site speaks for itself. You are a self-righteous horse's Ass! It does not take a lot of education to see that fact.

Since: Apr 11

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Nov 15, 2011
Donít get abused. If a person shows no sign of mellowing, continues to curse profusely, or seems threatening, block or defriend them and move on. Let the Lord deal with them on His turf. (Read: Prov. 25:26)A righteous man falling down before the wicked [is as] a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#17 Nov 15, 2011
Paris Preacher wrote:
Donít get abused. If a person shows no sign of mellowing, continues to curse profusely, or seems threatening, block or defriend them and move on. Let the Lord deal with them on His turf.(Read: Prov. 25:26)A righteous man falling down before the wicked [is as] a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.
You are one sick bastard! The profile picture is the sickest after the way you have written on this forum.
You will reap what you sow.
God is not mocked and you have mocked him big time.
i cry

Paris, IL

#18 Nov 15, 2011
SORRY EVERYONE,, YET I HAVE A CHILD THAT WAS BULLIED AND YET A TEACHER SLAMMED HER INTO A DESK SHE HAS EPILEPSY AND NOBODY DID NOTHING IN EDGAR COUNTY AND AT THE HIGH SCHOOL WHEN I PICKED HER UP AFTER SCHOOL ONE AFTERNOON SHE CAME OUT LOOKING LIKE SOMEBODY BEAT HER UP I COULD NEVER GET HERE TO TELL ME WHAT HAD HAPPENED AND WHY SHE HAD TO STAY AN HOUR AND A HALF AFTER YET WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID SHE DIDNT HAVE DETENTION SO SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THAT TO ME.. PLEASE SUCH A TRAGEDY FOR THE TEN YEAR OLD.. THERE IS NO BLAME BUT ON THE PARENT THAT TEACH THEIR KIDS THAT IS OK TO BE MEAN TO OTHERS it is their upbringing and a teacher will never know what goes on at home,, im tramatized how can a 10 year old hang themselves how did the parents not see this how did the school not see this im sooo puzzled.. oh i know why they were to worried about themslves and their careers this was a baby and she suffered at the hands of all of them she had no outlet, poor child,, where was the parents and the teachers.. let us stop all of the bullying

Terre Haute, IN

#19 Nov 16, 2011
Be kind but donít compromise. You can be kind and lend an ear to an angry person but that doesnít mean you change your biblical perspective just to win someone to your point of view. Godís not so crazy about lukewarm Christians. (Read: Revelation 3:16)So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Nov 16, 2011
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>You are one sick bastard! The profile picture is the sickest after the way you have written on this forum.
You will reap what you sow.
God is not mocked and you have mocked him big time.
Leviticus 19:17
Thou shalt not HATE thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~. Meet The new Kids On The BUS! ~ 7 hr Jack SPL 1
Kansas Fire Dept Illegal Burning 8 hr Hubba Bubba 37
new lumbar yard coming to paris 9 hr Cool 6
Disclosure: Fair & Balanced? 10 hr DuaMe 122
How To Avoid Expensive Legal Fees! 12 hr DuaMe 8
quash it 23 hr Jack SPLAT 1
Working for NAL? (Apr '13) Wed NAL Operator 25
Paris Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web