City Council Election

Posted in the Paris Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voter

Covington, IN

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Told you so...... Congradulations to Harry, Jerry, Bob,and Steve. I guess Doug did not have as many friends as he thought. I hope we can move forward and focus on what needs to be done in the city.
Confused

Covington, IN

#2 Apr 6, 2011
Did Richard Cole get promoted to Fire Chief? I thought he retired. If not maybe he will do a better job than Brian did.
Sure Did

Covington, IN

#3 Apr 6, 2011
It was on the front page of the Beconfused Newspaper, so it must be true.
DUCT MAN

Punxsutawney, PA

#4 Apr 7, 2011
Confused wrote:
Did Richard Cole get promoted to Fire Chief? I thought he retired. If not maybe he will do a better job than Brian did.
What does a Fire Chief do? How do you know if they are doing a good job or bad job?
Go Roger

Saint Charles, IL

#5 Apr 7, 2011
Congrats to the winners! and Congrats to the people of Paris. may you all receive exactly what you you wanted! while i am not a Doug fan my guy did not make it yes i am sure it was because of the water but good old Harry and aw shucks Jerry did! wait weren't they part of the council too?? they were part of the water problem as much as Roger! hmmm should be interesting ! this council will face very hard decisions! hard economical times NOW and more to come!

i am sure the first big decision will be who get what department! Boyer will want the Fire Dept to be able to protect his son in law! and prob try and push the current chief out. they are with out 2 firemen now and Cole will retire in May so then they will be down 3 firemen and Craig will not hire anyone because we are all but broke. all ready talk of a Volunteer Fire dept do to no money.

Good old Harry will want parks dept this time. he wants to run for mayor in 4 years when Craig retires and he want the face time and GLORY that comes with it.

Steve will want the Water Dept of course to be able to pat his son an the ass everyday! he has big plans on how the city should "fix" the water problems and start putting in new water lines, uh how? with what money? big talker but no real plan!

and then comes Aw Shucks Jerry he will have to fight harry to keep his dept but will get over ruled by his brain Craig and he will be in charge of Finance!!! WOW cant wait to see this! what was it almost 4 years ago JERRY used a city credit card for a lot of personal expenditures?? yes i know everyone knows about the ex fire chief doing it but so did Aw Shucks!! Craig covered it up for his boy but it happened!! and now he will be head of finance!! lol can he even spell BUDGET??

well just my thoughts cant wait to see this! GOOD JOB PARIS!!
not good

Terre Haute, IN

#6 Apr 7, 2011
this is for Go Roger, it is obvious who you are only certain people will know thoes type of facts. No one even knows about richard cole yet but now they do. so you are either a very sad person who did not win or a person who is very jealous of someone who works for a certain department and since you think you know so much about the fire department and a backer of someone who did not make it to council and who promised you so many things. If you thought he could do all the things he said, you are an idiot. I feel sorry for you and I have pity for you since it is obvious you are not a happy person by telling everything that you supposidly know. Here again it takes 3 council men to change anything. to fire anyone or even hire anyone. Any person who reads this will think what is up with this GO Roger person. The people of paris spoke their opinion with how the vote turned out. It is obvious that thoes men were voted in because thats what the people wanted. If I was Mr. Cochran i would think before i ran again. i would be a little embarresed if i lost 3 times in a row.
resident

Altoona, PA

#7 Apr 7, 2011
Go Roger wrote:
Congrats to the winners! and Congrats to the people of Paris. may you all receive exactly what you you wanted! while i am not a Doug fan my guy did not make it yes i am sure it was because of the water but good old Harry and aw shucks Jerry did! wait weren't they part of the council too?? they were part of the water problem as much as Roger! hmmm should be interesting ! this council will face very hard decisions! hard economical times NOW and more to come!
i am sure the first big decision will be who get what department! Boyer will want the Fire Dept to be able to protect his son in law! and prob try and push the current chief out. they are with out 2 firemen now and Cole will retire in May so then they will be down 3 firemen and Craig will not hire anyone because we are all but broke. all ready talk of a Volunteer Fire dept do to no money.
Good old Harry will want parks dept this time. he wants to run for mayor in 4 years when Craig retires and he want the face time and GLORY that comes with it.
Steve will want the Water Dept of course to be able to pat his son an the ass everyday! he has big plans on how the city should "fix" the water problems and start putting in new water lines, uh how? with what money? big talker but no real plan!
and then comes Aw Shucks Jerry he will have to fight harry to keep his dept but will get over ruled by his brain Craig and he will be in charge of Finance!!! WOW cant wait to see this! what was it almost 4 years ago JERRY used a city credit card for a lot of personal expenditures?? yes i know everyone knows about the ex fire chief doing it but so did Aw Shucks!! Craig covered it up for his boy but it happened!! and now he will be head of finance!! lol can he even spell BUDGET??
well just my thoughts cant wait to see this! GOOD JOB PARIS!!
BRAVO! VERY WELL SAID! You should write a letter to the editor. Roger is the only one who keeps a watchful eye on dollars spent. If a department needs something they just go out and make purchases rather than see if another department has what they need. They just run to Rural King, Pools, Art Reese, etc. That's easier - right? Don't think about who's paying for it - right? Roger has tried to utilize what the city has available instead of making unnecessary purchases. City employees don't like this - "that's not the way we do things". I guess it's too hard for our city workers to make a couple phone calls and inquiries to their co-workers in other departments. Roger believes a job is a place to go to work and do the best you can. Some city workers don't agree with that concept. They report to work and must have their coffee for at least 30 minutes. Then they must team up with a buddy/co-worker to check out a problem or call. It may be nothing or a quick fix that could easily be handled by only 1 employee - but oh no, "that's not the way we do things". They they must team up again and go buy a ladder at Rural King because the one they have is not tall enough - it's too hard to call another department to see if they have one to utilize because - "that's not the way we do things".

Hats off to Paris city workers who actually work and exercise judgement - you are appreciated! To the "that's not the way we do things" city workers - shame on you...
eeeeeeeeeee

Terre Haute, IN

#8 Apr 7, 2011
lets hope you don't need any of the city wokers do something for you from what ever department you would need help from, you will then be eating your words go roger and resident!!!!!!
hee hee

Altoona, PA

#9 Apr 7, 2011
eeeeeeeeeee wrote:
lets hope you don't need any of the city wokers do something for you from what ever department you would need help from, you will then be eating your words go roger and resident!!!!!!
I would rather pay to have work done than call the city for anything!
dsdsds

Terre Haute, IN

#10 Apr 7, 2011
to go roger and resident you two know so much you should have run for council........oh thats right you wouldn't win. no one likes you
DUCT MAN

Punxsutawney, PA

#11 Apr 8, 2011
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
BRAVO! VERY WELL SAID! You should write a letter to the editor. Roger is the only one who keeps a watchful eye on dollars spent. If a department needs something they just go out and make purchases rather than see if another department has what they need. They just run to Rural King, Pools, Art Reese, etc. That's easier - right? Don't think about who's paying for it - right? Roger has tried to utilize what the city has available instead of making unnecessary purchases. City employees don't like this - "that's not the way we do things". I guess it's too hard for our city workers to make a couple phone calls and inquiries to their co-workers in other departments. Roger believes a job is a place to go to work and do the best you can. Some city workers don't agree with that concept. They report to work and must have their coffee for at least 30 minutes. Then they must team up with a buddy/co-worker to check out a problem or call. It may be nothing or a quick fix that could easily be handled by only 1 employee - but oh no, "that's not the way we do things". They they must team up again and go buy a ladder at Rural King because the one they have is not tall enough - it's too hard to call another department to see if they have one to utilize because - "that's not the way we do things".
Hats off to Paris city workers who actually work and exercise judgement - you are appreciated! To the "that's not the way we do things" city workers - shame on you...
Down to the RURAL KING for the FREE POPCORN!! UH HU!!!!!
Get Over It

League City, TX

#12 Apr 8, 2011
hee hee wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather pay to have work done than call the city for anything!
Now that's just stupid. Only a dumbass would pay for what is offerred as a public service. DUH!!!!! Just goes to show your IQ
Let us be Realistic

League City, TX

#13 Apr 8, 2011
I am sure there are some city workers that don't work as hard as others, but that's the way it is everywhere, not just the city. There are always some that outperform others, always have been and always will be. Before you criticize you should try standing in their shoes, especially when those shoes are in fecal matter (SHIT) up to the waste or freezing water in below zero temperatures for hours on end. Go out and shovel blacktop in 95 degree temperatures all day or work hours on end keeping up with the snow when a blizzard sets in. These people work within budgets and buy only what they need to operate and maintain job safety. You try to make it sound like they sit around and order room service for 8 hours and then go home. Stop complaining and go out and get a job and let them do theirs.
reader

Altoona, PA

#14 Apr 8, 2011
Lots of improvement is needed in city workers utilizing resources available to them. Too much money is spent unnecessarily.
reader1

Paris, IL

#15 Apr 8, 2011
DUCT MAN wrote:
<quoted text>Down to the RURAL KING for the FREE POPCORN!! UH HU!!!!!
do they have a machine with coca cola products
DUCT MAN

Punxsutawney, PA

#16 Apr 8, 2011
reader1 wrote:
<quoted text>do they have a machine with coca cola products
You know, I am not sure. When I go in, I am too worried about the FREE POPCORN!!!
Go Roger

Niles, IL

#17 Apr 13, 2011
you may hate me for my comment but i love how no one will dispute what i have said! sure there are comments that want to argue or take away credibility, but the facts in my statement are very correct!
DUCT MAN

United States

#18 Apr 13, 2011
F#$k the popcorn down at the rural king i like balls
Go Roger

Niles, IL

#19 Apr 13, 2011
Oh and P.S. if you would like some more FACTS and info just ask ! i can lead you right to the visa records that show the Disney world vacation the city helped pay for!
DUCT MAN

United States

#20 Apr 13, 2011
hahahahah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Censorship 35 min yer smelly fart 6
Go to the SOURCE..buy Disclosure! (Nov '15) 1 hr Jan Mills 159
Jerry LAST WORD 1 hr Jan Mills 2
Soon baby soon... 1 hr Jan Mills 22
Poll Disclosure: Best Newspaper in Heartland ...May ... (Dec '15) 1 hr Troy Burch 219
Kirk pickin' on "Just Sayin's" friends Nanny C ... (Jun '12) 16 hr Jan Mills 81
Freedom of Speech 17 hr yer conscience 2

Paris Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages