lost

Danville, IL

#184 Oct 15, 2010
Ok Im too lazy to read this all! So who were the inmates that are makeing these statements?
Wanting facts

Georgetown, IL

#185 Oct 15, 2010
I think if the prosecutor really wants a real story on what is going on. Look into Roger Hopper at his underhanded tactics and some of his questionable sources.
I hope this isn't swept away
Grown Out of Paris

Auburn, AL

#186 Oct 15, 2010
FlyingHigh wrote:
Jason Ball and the other is a last name of Rhodes but its not Adam Rhodes.
They have been railroaded from the sounds of it as it appears one of them now wants to help throw Tim out of office!
Now there is an idea? Throw the trash out on the 2nd of November starting with the Sherriff!
\
Kent Rhoads is the othe accusee, and I clearly say accusee because I've known this man my whole life and cannot imagine it being true. He's one of the most laid back, non-threatening, quiet people I've ever met. Innocent until proven guilty. I believe everyone in Paris has experienced a 'railroad job' before with the Rhoads' murders. Lets hope to God people don't get by with it again. I'd like to see a full investigation to find the real trueth here. Until then, I don't believe what's being accused.
A TRUE PARISIAN

Marshall, IL

#187 Oct 15, 2010
because he is a keys that is why if you have the right name and the right amount of money in edgar county you can do anything you want to
just wondering wrote:
here is a riddle for you all about the sheriff's dept., why is Cody Keys driving a squad car, writing tickets, carrying a weapon, but, not on the payroll? This is public record he is not on the payroll. How is this legal? Just wondering!!
A TRUE PARISIAN

Marshall, IL

#188 Oct 15, 2010
If Jeff Hodge was elected Sheriff his snooty Bitch of a wife would be the sheriff and Jeff would just wear the badge that is why Jeff did get elected because of his wife
The one person who I would like to see if Ed Motley does not win this election is Dick McDaniel he was a stand up guy who wouldnt take shit off anybody and one hell of a sheriff's deputy but he got smart and left when bigfoot farnham was in there. And if Ed Motley doesnt win this election thid county and city is the most corrupt county in the United States and needs to be investigated by the Federal Government
Law AND Order wrote:
Should've elected Jeff Hodge when we had the chance.
cozmo cramer

Fort Dodge, IA

#189 Oct 15, 2010
i work with a ex deputy he said that
Tim and cheif deputy of edgar county will be prosecuted because they are in charge and should know of everthing going on in the jail besides that him or jason ball have never had any emfocement training god its a no brainer i hope they all go down and ed motley clean up paris because he will be the sherrif of edgar county and he knows his shit!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#190 Oct 15, 2010
FlyingHigh wrote:
What, you dont want to point out that I didn't put a period at the end of the second sentance?
sounds like Teacher 1234 is on hers..........
cozmo cramer

Fort Dodge, IA

#191 Oct 15, 2010
jail house in under full investigation by state police and they will get to the bottom of it hee hee hee god damn love to here that shit about paris and f Dee burgain hes a peice of shit to!
criminal

League City, TX

#192 Oct 15, 2010
A TRUE PARISIAN wrote:
because he is a keys that is why if you have the right name and the right amount of money in edgar county you can do anything you want to
<quoted text>
What exactly is it that he is doing wrong? He has a degree in Criminolgy. For months he volunteered his time and finally is on as a "part timer" when called. This town is a bunch of idiots and jealous as=holes! More power to him! Why don't you get a fricking life?
criminal

League City, TX

#193 Oct 15, 2010
cozmo cramer wrote:
i work with a ex deputy he said that
Tim and cheif deputy of edgar county will be prosecuted because they are in charge and should know of everthing going on in the jail besides that him or jason ball have never had any emfocement training god its a no brainer i hope they all go down and ed motley clean up paris because he will be the sherrif of edgar county and he knows his shit!
and exactly who do you work with....ball and rhoads.....
ticked

League City, TX

#194 Oct 15, 2010
A TRUE PARISIAN wrote:
<quoted text>
get jpb amd get some money yourself and don't spend it all on the drugs and alcohol...
PitLover

Effingham, IL

#195 Oct 16, 2010
ticked wrote:
<quoted text>get jpb amd get some money yourself and don't spend it all on the drugs and alcohol...
How about you get yourself a job, and get a G.E.D.,so you can learn how to put sentences together.
CoCo

United States

#196 Oct 16, 2010
John Smith wrote:
Everybody needs to cause a shakeup at the Edgar County Sheriff's dept. That can happen if you vote for Motley in the upcoming election. Motley will clean up the crap and get the budget under control. He has real experience, unlike that grease monkey who is likable.
Motley has NO personality, no respect for people who he sees as "below" him and is really pretty rude. He wants to privatize the jail and bring in a big firm to run it. Something fishy there for sure.
CoCo

United States

#197 Oct 16, 2010
FlyingHigh wrote:
Word is its a railroad job to put their own buddies in a job.
If WEIU is right about confirming the ISP is investigating then just MAYBE this time something will get done about all the illegal activity in that jail!
Jailers don't make any money! Ugh! Their pay is low and their job is crappy. They hired a female jailer for evenings and another guy for days.
Making me wonder

United States

#198 Oct 16, 2010
CoCo wrote:
<quoted text>
Motley has NO personality, no respect for people who he sees as "below" him and is really pretty rude. He wants to privatize the jail and bring in a big firm to run it. Something fishy there for sure.
I have a friend who heard him speak at the candidate night and met him there. He did NOT say he is in favor of privatizing the jail. He said "if the county wanted a new jail there are ways to make that happen that would not cost the taxpapers more money, such as privatizing the jail". He went on to explain that if it was done, it could be income to the county. Secondly, even if he was in favor...the county board would be the one to vote on it, not the sheriff. As for his personality...that is what life is all about, differences...Maybe he doesn't smile as much as our current sheriff...but I think he has alot more knowledge about how things should be done than our current sheriff. And to me, that is what it is all about...knowledge over personality any day.
Perfect Timing

Westville, IL

#199 Oct 16, 2010
Very well said.
Just Sayin

Curwensville, PA

#200 Oct 16, 2010
Making me wonder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a friend who heard him speak at the candidate night and met him there. He did NOT say he is in favor of privatizing the jail. He said "if the county wanted a new jail there are ways to make that happen that would not cost the taxpapers more money, such as privatizing the jail". He went on to explain that if it was done, it could be income to the county. Secondly, even if he was in favor...the county board would be the one to vote on it, not the sheriff.
Ask the citizens of Indiana how privitation of state prisons is working thus far? Indiana privatized the New Castle Correctional facility with GEO as the awarded vendor. Motley mentioned GEO by name at meet the candidates. Indiana DOC was to privatize all state prisons, but the New Castle deal has been a bust. Inmates from Arizona were housed there for a short time. The conditions were so horrible that the inmates rioted - burning and distroying portions of the facility. Guess who went to work for GEO when he was asked to resign by Mitch Daniels? J. David Donahue, Motley's former boss. So all of these local jobs that would come to Paris by building a new jail and housing other county inmates to earn income will likely turn out to be a similar experience. GEO doesn't hire local folks to staff their facilities. They hire cronies who give them a hand up come contract negotiation time. Don't fall for these false promises.
at candidate forum

United States

#201 Oct 16, 2010
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the citizens of Indiana how privitation of state prisons is working thus far? Indiana privatized the New Castle Correctional facility with GEO as the awarded vendor. Motley mentioned GEO by name at meet the candidates. Indiana DOC was to privatize all state prisons, but the New Castle deal has been a bust. Inmates from Arizona were housed there for a short time. The conditions were so horrible that the inmates rioted - burning and distroying portions of the facility. Guess who went to work for GEO when he was asked to resign by Mitch Daniels? J. David Donahue, Motley's former boss. So all of these local jobs that would come to Paris by building a new jail and housing other county inmates to earn income will likely turn out to be a similar experience. GEO doesn't hire local folks to staff their facilities. They hire cronies who give them a hand up come contract negotiation time. Don't fall for these false promises.
Motley made no promises. Motley did not say he was in favor of a new jail. I was at the forum. Were you?
Just Sayin

Curwensville, PA

#202 Oct 16, 2010
I didn't say he promised a new jail. I pointed out that Motley's model to privately fund a new jail is flawed. Not to mention that it lacks originality. Most citizens are in favor of a new jail. I'm sure Crippes would like to have the county build a new jail too. The reality is that isn't possible as the county is broke! Crippes has done a good job in seeking state grant dollars to make improvements to the jail and reduce budgetary spending.
Outraged

Kane, PA

#203 Oct 16, 2010
Unless you want to come under fire in Paris, you keep your mouth shut! That is why this forum is so popular, you can say what you think without putting your future at risk! This town needs a complete overhaul and I hope new management helps! The corruption in our schools, law enforcement, and local business is a shame!
Concerned Voter wrote:
If you find someone in law enforcement whom you believe to be breaking the law then you should report this at the time to the appropriate agency. Also if you are so unhappy with Sheriff Crippes then why don't you go talk to him and tell him your complaints. Then post what he tells you and if he doesn't follow through with what he told you then blast him on here. All I'm asking is for you to be fair and let the chips fall where they may. I have a feeling after reading all your posts that you just don't care for any law enforcement people. Is there a reason for that? You could always run for sheriff since there is no qualifications needed (unless you have a felony record) since you feel everyone else is corrupt.<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is Jan DEAD? 2 hr TRUTH 4 REAL 17
Poll Can you IMAGINE being Jan's NEIGHBOR??? 5 hr TRUTH 4 REAL 8
Ron mitchell Fri no complaints 3
State Guts Gas Tax Fund Fri yur beneath me 9
Jerry Springer (Apr '14) Fri hicklife826 6
bob morgyon Apr 23 DuaMe Burno Mills 3
When forum trolls names are revealed publicly w... (Mar '14) Apr 23 EPIC WB FAIL 8
More from around the web

Paris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]