Kids of Paris
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Paris Parent

Brazil, IN

#1 Aug 20, 2011
Why can't the kids have more options of entertainment? There were so many more things to do in Paris when I was growing up as a kid. There is alot of teenagers who are/ or have been in trouble(some serious) for the things they come up with for entertainment. I just wish Paris could offer more.
Haystack

Gary, IN

#2 Aug 20, 2011
I think you are right that there is a problem with the way some kids act but couldn't be more wrong on the reason.

Who has a larger percentage of crime amongst adolescents big cities or small towns?

If parents take an active role in the development of their child and have open lines of communication with them than crime would be rare especially felonies.
Fred

Terre Haute, IN

#3 Aug 20, 2011
Your asking the community to raise your child.... hope your not a dog owner....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 21, 2011
After reading Too Politically Sensitive , I just dont think I could ever think of living in Paris again or for that matter THE STATE. .
Fred

Brazil, IN

#5 Aug 21, 2011
Bye, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya....
Paris Parent

Brazil, IN

#6 Aug 21, 2011
Fred wrote:
Your asking the community to raise your child.... hope your not a dog owner....
No I am not asking anyone to raise my children. I am doing that myself just fine. I was just wondering why there can't be a movie theater to take my children to (did you notice that I didn't say send my children to, I would go with them) or a YMCA with a pool (that I could get a FAMILY membership to, a park that had paddle boats to rent like theu did when I was younger (My Family would love to do this), Maybe rides at the West Lake like they used to have, sledding at the golf course in the winter time. I was not asking the community to raise my kids at all. I was merely pointing out Paris doesn't have all of the things that I enjoyed growing up. Things that I did with my parents. I wouldn't want you raising my children. I wouldn't even let you take care of my dog.
UP YOURN

Danville, IL

#7 Aug 21, 2011
because all of your tax dollar's go in corrupted pockets .... how do you like the NEW street resurfacing...???... buckets of black masetick ... mixed with a little gravel.... they probably didn't even buy it from rural king locally.... cheaper from Menard's ....
Fred

Brazil, IN

#8 Aug 21, 2011
Because it takes more than a few to support and things to cost money....
Fred

Brazil, IN

#9 Aug 21, 2011
Because it takes more than a few to support and things do cost money....
Haystack

Saint Anne, IL

#10 Aug 21, 2011
Paris Parent- by the way I do agree with you and wish there was more for our kids to do! You sound like a great parent too btw!
Paris Parent

Brazil, IN

#11 Aug 21, 2011
Haystack wrote:
Paris Parent- by the way I do agree with you and wish there was more for our kids to do! You sound like a great parent too btw!
Thank you very much. I really try hard to be a good parent. It would be great for my child to have some of the memories that I have.
DUCT MAN

Terre Haute, IN

#12 Aug 22, 2011
UP YOURN wrote:
because all of your tax dollar's go in corrupted pockets .... how do you like the NEW street resurfacing...???... buckets of black masetick ... mixed with a little gravel.... they probably didn't even buy it from rural king locally.... cheaper from Menard's ....
Then they made a woman do it. Woman don't know nuttin bout chinery!!
Fred

Brazil, IN

#13 Aug 22, 2011
run for mayor, run for city council, We rode bikes, went to the creek,skipped rocks,baled hay, detassel corn ,mowed yards, raked leaves, shoveled snow...try some of that.
UP YOURN

Danville, IL

#14 Aug 22, 2011
you forgot.... $uck a duck.... screw a guinea....
tellin u

Terre Haute, IN

#15 Aug 22, 2011
Fred wrote:
run for mayor, run for city council, We rode bikes, went to the creek,skipped rocks,baled hay, detassel corn ,mowed yards, raked leaves, shoveled snow...try some of that.
you wont see very many kids do any of that now days
Fred

Brazil, IN

#16 Aug 22, 2011
Went fishin..... plenty to do... be creative...vacation bible school....Played Army... along with basketball and baseball and football and swimmingalways something to do. Parents need to stop finding things for the kids too do and let them be creative.....
DUCT MAN

Terre Haute, IN

#17 Aug 22, 2011
Fred wrote:
Went fishin..... plenty to do... be creative...vacation bible school....Played Army... along with basketball and baseball and football and swimmingalways something to do. Parents need to stop finding things for the kids too do and let them be creative.....
Yep, There damn sure wasn't anyone hauling me back and forth to soccer games. We was down to the creek fishing, turtle hunting and yes, maybe even smoking a cigarette or two. But, we weren't hurting a soul!!! Always had a backyard game going on down at McGILLS.
Fred

Brazil, IN

#18 Aug 22, 2011
we'd even dig for our own worms....
Paris Parent

Brazil, IN

#19 Aug 22, 2011
Hey Fred, I am guessing that you aren't a parent. I would never want you for a parent. My children are a little too young to go running off to play in a creek, or to go to a water source to skip rocks, Swimming, ok, where????? Should they hop on there bikes and pedal there little legs to Marshall??? We have no public swimming anywhere. Catching frogs, well girls aren't as apt to go catch frogs. I think you are no more than a poor pathetic soul. Every post I read from you is nothing more than whining, crying and bitching. Get a life moron. I wasn't go on here to start this post for all your crap that you have dealt out. If you do by chance have kids, do them a favor and put them up for adoption.
Fred

Terre Haute, IN

#20 Aug 22, 2011
Have 5 all are successful grown adults, 3 run divisions of major corporations, 1 retired from the navy and is going on to school, and 1 a charming and successful mother with brilliant kids... quit making excuses for yourself.... let them be kids and bring out their creativeness... you be a parent and support.Thank-you "have a good day", You can by a backyard pool cheaper today than when we had our in ground put in many years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Jerry survived, Duane did not..Please STOP, & P... 4 hr mirrors 3
Poll Hey Hey. ________ party over...get a real job..... 4 hr GAL 20
Drug inforcement 8 hr Greeney 16
Toughest person in Paris 8 hr someonefromparis 15
doncaster factory (Sep '10) 9 hr Paris citizen 360
Poll Is DuaMe really DEAD??? 13 hr question 24
Poll DredgiMg, or DredgiNg, Correct Spelling Is NOT ... 14 hr Ghost Da Flappin ... 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paris Mortgages