MAGNET

Hillsboro, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

For those of you who have DISH TV, this month you should be receiving a couple of free channels (Military Channel and Investigative Discovery Channel). This Sunday evening, January 10th, at 9:00pm, Central Standard Time, On the Case With Paula Zahn, a one-hour program on Channel 192 (Investigative Discovery channel), will be featuring this most interesting local case involving the infamous Rhodes Murders. I know I'll be watching.
Senator Plutarski

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Magnet, the correct spelling for Dyke and Karen is RHOADS... I find the comment describing the case as most interesting kinda like saying a volcano is warm. Know this, the information contained in the show will not be complete because certain individuals who have something to say will not be talking. There are many being sued in respect to the case. Money seems to be the goal instead of justice. Once the suits are finalized...Please post your thoughts on the show I might not be able to watch. I will wait with anticipation.
Ms S

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

I saw this for the first time last PM on ID.Very interesting.similar thing happened in our hometown.Nothing ever was done.
Also might find "Strange Piece of Paradise" by Terry Jentz interesting,and if you do an internet search on her you can watch her TV interview with Diane Sawyer.Everyone in the little town in oregon knew who attempted to murder her and her friend with a pickup truck and hatchet,but nothing was done about it.She proved it to herself for her own piece of mind,and,the guy eventually went to prison for something else.She was able to face him in court and he knew who she was.
I hope that for Mrs.Rhoads,if she is still living,and the rest of Dyke and Karen's family,there will be some element of "closure" and peace someday if that is possible.
From just what the show portrayed and interviews,it looks as if Karen Rhoads stumbled on something in the wrong place at the wrong time.Highly believable.
Why is her "boss's" name never mentioned?
It's a shame to have something like this hang over a small town's peace and quiet forever but I hope there will be JUSTICE on this earth for Dyke and Karen Rhoads.If not here,then,SOMEDAY!
Janinne

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

Judged:

Her boss's name was reported as Bob Morgan. A Robert Morgan has a feed company in the area.
Ms S

Blytheville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Well I'm sorry but I don't get what a guy that has a feed store/company would be doing with a slew of guns.I guess that's a stupid remark on my part because now that I think on it,some guys from my hometown were running guns and my brother was fencing goods for them and going their bail,talked out of turn one night in the wrong place and they tried to kill him that night.
But,none of those guys had an honest business that they were running,either.I said "honest" maybe I should have said something that LOOKED honest.

I guess money will drive about anybody to do about anything if it is enough of a lure.
Cally

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Judged:

Money and power run pretty much everything. That is non-fiction!
Illinois-sucks

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2011

Judged:

Yep! Money and power often trump justice. Not to worry. Those involved will eventually have to meet their Maker, even if they don't believe in Him!
Justice will be done. God help their souls then.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Paris Forum right now

Search the Paris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 7 min Terry rigsby 48,847
Edgar county fair 5 hr BOSS 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Notthatitmatters 3,826
cory allen turner 7 hr BOSS 49
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 20 hr KrisChristie 1,854
earl black Mon You R White Trash 6
Red Couch Mon Ozz 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Paris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••