Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201880 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#140680 May 10, 2012
Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
If marriage is a civil right, what other civil rights do you need a license for?
The right to bear arms.

Anything else we can clear up for you?

Location hidden

#140681 May 10, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing how often the definition of marriage changes in this thread?
Funny, I can't see how it been redefined even once. It's defined as a union, a ceremony and an institution. That doesn't change when gays enter into it.

Please, go peddle your imaginary definition change to the sheeple.
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#140682 May 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..... a third grader argument.
Wow! Yeah, don't try and respond Aida, it's way out of your league.

YUK!YUK!YUK!

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#140683 May 10, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't doubt that.
The difference is my marriage is real.
And then the differences just keep going on and on.
Sorry, but my marriage is "REAL" too........and it is as "REAL" as the marriages of my aunt and uncle, both of my sister's and brother-in-laws and my mom's and step-dad's:-)

And the only difference is that their spouse is someone of the opposite-sex......otherwise THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#140684 May 10, 2012
Nytebreid wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also straight. I am also married. I recognize RnL's marriage to be as real as yours.
The difference is, the courts in RnL's state agree.
Your opinion ends there.
Thank you for this post......some just can't grasp the reality of things!!!

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#140685 May 10, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but my marriage is "REAL" too........and it is as "REAL" as the marriages of my aunt and uncle, both of my sister's and brother-in-laws and my mom's and step-dad's:-)
And the only difference is that their spouse is someone of the opposite-sex......otherwise THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE!!!
I agree with you. Marriage discrimination is based upon hatred and false stereotypes.

“WAY TO GO”

IRELAND

#140686 May 10, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. Marriage discrimination is based upon hatred and false stereotypes.
That's so true........and I appreciate your post:-)
rider

Gwinn, MI

#140688 May 10, 2012
Jeff Gannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
James Dale Guckert (born May 22, 1957) is a conservative columnist better known by the pseudonym Jeff Gannon. Between 2003 and 2005, he was given ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Gannon - 91k - Cached - Similar pages
The Raw Story | Secret Service records raise new questions about ...
Apr 24, 2005 ... Though he wrote under the name Jeff Gannon, the records show that he applied with his real name. Gannon's ready access to President Bush ...

http://rawstory.com/exclusives/byrne/secret_s... - 44k -

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#140689 May 10, 2012
Obama changed nothing, he did nothing. Just lip service, trading poor black voters for rich white voters:

1996:“I favor legalizing same-sex marriages” was an answer included on a signed questionnaire to a Chicago gay community newspaper when Mr. Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. In 2011, a White House aide said someone else filled it out.

2004: As a U.S. Senate candidate, Mr. Obama tells Chicago public television “marriage is between a man and a woman.” In the same interview, Mr. Obama said he wanted to ensure gays and lesbians have “the rights of citizenship” but noted,“I don’t think marriage is a civil right.”

2008: Mr. Obama, running for president, again says marriage should be limited to unions between a man and a woman.“For me as a Christian, it’s also a sacred union… God’s in the mix,” he says in an interview with the Rev. Rick Warren, a leading evangelical minister.

2010: After signing the repeal of a ban on gays openly serving in the military, Mr. Obama tells reporters that “my feelings are constantly evolving” on gay marriage.

2011:“I’m still working on it,” Mr. Obama tells ABC News when asked if he would change his mind on gay marriage before the 2012 election.

2012:“I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama tells an interviewer for ABC.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/05/09/time...
rider

Gwinn, MI

#140690 May 10, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Obama changed nothing, he did nothing. Just lip service, trading poor black voters for rich white voters:
1996:“I favor legalizing same-sex marriages” was an answer included on a signed questionnaire to a Chicago gay community newspaper when Mr. Obama was running for the Illinois state Senate. In 2011, a White House aide said someone else filled it out.
2004: As a U.S. Senate candidate, Mr. Obama tells Chicago public television “marriage is between a man and a woman.” In the same interview, Mr. Obama said he wanted to ensure gays and lesbians have “the rights of citizenship” but noted,“I don’t think marriage is a civil right.”
2008: Mr. Obama, running for president, again says marriage should be limited to unions between a man and a woman.“For me as a Christian, it’s also a sacred union… God’s in the mix,” he says in an interview with the Rev. Rick Warren, a leading evangelical minister.
2010: After signing the repeal of a ban on gays openly serving in the military, Mr. Obama tells reporters that “my feelings are constantly evolving” on gay marriage.
2011:“I’m still working on it,” Mr. Obama tells ABC News when asked if he would change his mind on gay marriage before the 2012 election.
2012:“I think same-sex couples should be able to get married,” Mr. Obama tells an interviewer for ABC.
Danny Casolaro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joseph Daniel Casolaro (June 16, 1947–August 10, 1991) was an American freelance writer who came to public attention in 1991 when he was found dead in a ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro - 63k - Cached - Similar pages
The Octopus: Secret Government and the Death of Danny Casolaro
Danny Casolaro called it "the Octopus". A vast, interlocking network of criminal conspiracy that reaches into every branch and agency of the U.S. government,...

http://constitution.org/col/octocaso.htm - 8k -

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#140691 May 10, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
so what, he stated his opinion. I see this as a non-issue and at the bottom of the list for his platform. He will focus on the economy and other stuff 1st. Watch when the debates come up. I can't wait for that!
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#140696 May 10, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
This post of yours proves your quote with your moniker.
Trolls are clueless. Amen sister.
But... if it were me? I would add liberal to it!
You know? Liberal trolls are clueless!
Yea, that's more like it!

Location hidden

#140697 May 10, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Well, as always, that was a complete waste of space. Thanks for being so consistent Brian_G.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#140698 May 10, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
The king of flip flops........

I think I might start making oslama flip flops with a picture of him on the bottom wiping his butt with the constitution....

“Accept me for who/what I am.”

Since: May 12

Kernville

#140699 May 10, 2012
Seriously? You guys have no clue... You guys shouln't be homophobs and get over it... Yea we love eachother... I bet one point you've kissed the same sex as a dare or not... there's no diffference.
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#140700 May 10, 2012
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>so what, he stated his opinion. I see this as a non-issue and at the bottom of the list for his platform. He will focus on the economy and other stuff 1st. Watch when the debates come up. I can't wait for that!
Well oblamer has nothing good he's done to run on! So what is he going to do? Continue to blame Bush for his $5 Trillion in debt in three years? Yea, that'll work! LMFAO!

Everything oblamer is doin right now is diversionary tactics to try to keep the truth from comming to light! EVERYTHING!!!
Why? Because he is a complete failure!
sociopathic Liberals

West Tehama County, CA

#140701 May 10, 2012
Jewel2 wrote:
Seriously? You guys have no clue... You guys shouln't be homophobs and get over it... Yea we love eachother... I bet one point you've kissed the same sex as a dare or not... there's no diffference.
There's no difference??? OMG! Excuse me feeble minded one, but there is a huge difference!

And no my dear! I've never passionately kissed another man! Gag me!!! That is above and beyond gross! And I never will!

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#140702 May 10, 2012
sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
Well oblamer has nothing good he's done to run on! So what is he going to do? Continue to blame Bush for his $5 Trillion in debt in three years? Yea, that'll work! LMFAO!
Everything oblamer is doin right now is diversionary tactics to try to keep the truth from comming to light! EVERYTHING!!!
Why? Because he is a complete failure!
cry me a river!

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#140703 May 10, 2012
Jewel2 wrote:
Love all you want.........
Have all the same equal rights.......

Just don't change the meaning of the word marriage......

Or we will vote you back to the closet......
Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#140704 May 10, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow..... a third grader argument.
lol ... their have been many from your side of the fence

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paramount Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Trojan 34,217
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mexico 21,186
Hadjinian getting paid to push Pot businesses i... 2 hr Recall 5K Jack ASAP 5
Montebello Council's 2 Worst Actions (Sep '16) 2 hr No On Measure S 7
Bicycle Rider Shot Dead on Pioneer Blvd 20 hr Damage 3
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 20 hr LMSA Historian 9,731
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Fri Corky 3,687

Paramount Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paramount Mortgages