Where can gay people go to church?
Guest

Paragould, AR

#61 Apr 4, 2009
Christian wrote:
Why would you want to be gay and also go to church? This makes absolutely no since. You're contradicting yourself. The Bible preaches against homosexuality. If you're truly persuing Christianity (and I hope you are) you should not be gay. <quoted text>
The Bible also teaches against being judgemental. So being judgemental is a sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Guess that makes you equal.
little gay boi

United States

#62 Apr 4, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I am a Methodist. Just so you won't be surprised and feel uncomfortable I think you should know a couple of things. If you are gay, we will welcome you into our church, but and this is a big BUT, we also teach that to practice homosexuaoity is a sin. We have a couple of lesbien couples that go to our church. Our pastor preached this lesson about two months ago. If you wouod be uncomfortable sitting through that kinda of sermon, then you need to go some where else. All churches are full of sinners. There are going to be sermons that hit home with all of us, but I just thought you might want to know. I have no idea where the idea got around that it was okay to be gay and a Methodist? Good luck.
which Methodist? FUMC has welcomed gays for a number of years now. Their organist is gay, and they've even had a gay associate pastor. They had one other organist who was gay, also.
little gay boi

United States

#63 Apr 4, 2009
What- wrote:
<quoted text>
You want him or her to "come in the back door?????"
FUMC has THREE services, or they used to. They may be down to two now. The back door is the casual, or bluejean service. You can wear shorts, sweat pants, whatever. It is in the fellowship hall. The main service starts around 11:00am and you can enter from either door.

Actually you can enter from the front door for the early morning service, just a bit inconvenient.
Are u kidding Me

Eldorado, TX

#64 Apr 5, 2009
No matter what we think or feel God has said in the Bible how he feels. That is what we as Christian people have to go by, though it may be offensive to our minds. Yes we are all under construction as far as being perfect we will never be. Does a gay or lesbian have the right to study the word of God? Sure by all means. If you continue in sin (Sexual Immorality) then you cross the line of accidental sin which each of us do everyday, into willful sin and that's not good.
Are u kidding Me

United States

#65 Apr 5, 2009
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> The Bible also teaches against being judgemental. So being judgemental is a sin. Homosexuality is a sin. Guess that makes you equal.
It truly amazes me how every one that wants to feel better about there sin says your judging me and the Bible says don't judge. The fact is if someone says you as a gay are wrong in the eyes of God they aren't judging you the Bible is. Does a child molester have the right to say we shouldn't judge them? No because we know it is wrong. Same way with anything else.
gospel

Collierville, TN

#66 Apr 5, 2009
Are u kidding Me wrote:
<quoted text>It truly amazes me how every one that wants to feel better about there sin says your judging me and the Bible says don't judge. The fact is if someone says you as a gay are wrong in the eyes of God they aren't judging you the Bible is. Does a child molester have the right to say we shouldn't judge them? No because we know it is wrong. Same way with anything else.
and ur attitude even if your right in what you say, will NEVER WIN THE LOST..you have truth but no spirit so no wonder you can feel the effects of your religion rather than the effects of faith in what you post...and no im not gay and yes i am a christian
Holy Roller

Moorpark, CA

#67 Apr 5, 2009
Are u kidding Me wrote:
<quoted text>It truly amazes me how every one that wants to feel better about there sin says your judging me and the Bible says don't judge. The fact is if someone says you as a gay are wrong in the eyes of God they aren't judging you the Bible is. Does a child molester have the right to say we shouldn't judge them? No because we know it is wrong. Same way with anything else.
It truly amazes me how people pick and choose what they want to follow in the Holy Bible, like you probably do.

For example, in the Holy Bible in Leviticus the Lord your God tells Moses the punishments for various sins that people should follow and in 20:13 the Lord your God says:

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

When is the last time you followed you Lord you God's word and put a homosexual to death? After all you must put them to death and the Lord your God says that their blood will be on their own heads. That's right, in another place it says that you must obey the law of the land. But if it wasn't for the fact that it is not legal to put homosexuals to death for being homosexual, you'd be putting homosexuals to death left and right like the government of Iran right? I expect you to lobby for the criminalization of homosexuality as punishable by execution so that you will be following what the Lord your God commanded.

By the way, that same chapter says to stone witches to death.

And in a pretty close chapter it says that it is a sin to eat shellfish.

Also, of course it is an abomination for a man who is missing one or more testicle to step foot in a church.
Are u kidding Me

United States

#68 Apr 5, 2009
Sorry if my attitude is a little rash been a difficult day. I believe that people should hear the truth not what we feel. What we feel has got us to where we are a hundred different denominations and everyone giving their views. Gods view is what matters. You and I cannot have different understandings on the Bible that's why you said you know I have the truth our feelings are what puts us into conflict. Truly sorry
Holy Roller

Moorpark, CA

#69 Apr 5, 2009
Here is a good discussion of homosexuality in the Holy Bible that I read in another thread that disputes that homosexuality is actually prohibited by the Holy Bible:

"1. The quote is NOT a quote, it is a translation. In the actual ancient Hebrew, it is quite clear that Leviticus and Deuteronomy are NOT referring to consenting relationships between two people of the same sex. Even in the English translation, your contention makes no sense. I don't "lay" with my husband as I would with a woman, I "lay" with him as I would with a man, and he with me. You see, in biblical days, women were considered to be chattel, and their consent was NOT necessary for sex. The Levite law was a proscription against treating other men as chattel and using sex as a dominating act: RAPE.
2. Have you taken into account the REST of the Laws put forth in Leviticus? And do you adhere to ALL of them? There are 614 of them, and they range from dietary restrictions to the best price you can get for a slave. NONE of these laws can be taken piecemeal; they are part of a CODE of laws and must ALL be adhered to."

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/paragould-ar/...
Are u kidding Me

Arcadia, CA

#70 Apr 5, 2009
I am not talking about the old test. You can say whatever you feel about what you think and it doesn't make it true. You have stumbled onto some gay persons study and you evidently believe it, still doesn't make it true. These are not my thoughts its what the Bible says and I happen to agree. You should ask your husband to search the word and lead you through and explain to you about the issue. My wife and I go through the Bible when we have Questions and I already know what you are thinking. It has nothing to do with you not being able to understand it is how God designed us. One thing you can be sure of you read it for yourself the new test Homosexuality is a huge sin against God!!!
What

United States

#71 Apr 5, 2009
Well I have read most of this trash on here but no one has stated what really would take place. If you are gay. Any true God fearing church will be happy that you are in their services. But the catch is that most have a membership agreement. If you are gay you would not be permitted to be a member, but you would always be welcome to attend...Disagree if you like but just ask the pastor about your church covenant. This is what you agree to when you become a member.
guest

United States

#72 Apr 5, 2009
What wrote:
Well I have read most of this trash on here but no one has stated what really would take place. If you are gay. Any true God fearing church will be happy that you are in their services. But the catch is that most have a membership agreement. If you are gay you would not be permitted to be a member, but you would always be welcome to attend...Disagree if you like but just ask the pastor about your church covenant. This is what you agree to when you become a member.
Sounds like a great church for bigots if you ask me. Get a grip. People who are gay are born that way.
guest

Montreal, MO

#73 Apr 5, 2009
Are u kidding Me wrote:
I am not talking about the old test. You can say whatever you feel about what you think and it doesn't make it true. You have stumbled onto some gay persons study and you evidently believe it, still doesn't make it true. These are not my thoughts its what the Bible says and I happen to agree. You should ask your husband to search the word and lead you through and explain to you about the issue. My wife and I go through the Bible when we have Questions and I already know what you are thinking. It has nothing to do with you not being able to understand it is how God designed us. One thing you can be sure of you read it for yourself the new test Homosexuality is a huge sin against God!!!
I like the way the wife has to ask her husband to explain it to her!
Hahahahahahaha!
Truth

Collierville, TN

#74 Apr 5, 2009
Are u kidding Me wrote:
Sorry if my attitude is a little rash been a difficult day. I believe that people should hear the truth not what we feel. What we feel has got us to where we are a hundred different denominations and everyone giving their views. Gods view is what matters. You and I cannot have different understandings on the Bible that's why you said you know I have the truth our feelings are what puts us into conflict. Truly sorry
I dont differ with you on the teaching about homosexuality....but i know that the your "difficult day" and then posting on here with the attitude ur showing the lost is causing alot of what i call.."spiritual abortion"...ur killing any chance of winning these unborn children to the lord by being so overbearing with Gods word. If we are fisher of men then lets fish and leave the cleaning of these fish to God and him alone....the bait your using as a fisherman of men isnt getting you any bites....God have mercy on his people so that they can win the lost....if your not going out of your way with truth AND LOVE to win a lost and dying world then really lets get real..what good are you to GOD? If there is any one spiritual gift that God might grant me then let it be the ability to win the lost.

“Gray Wolf Club”

Level 2

Since: Dec 07

Hog Thief Valley, Arkansas

#75 Apr 5, 2009
ohboy wrote:
I would think they could go anywhere. It may not be an eccpeted practice but God loves all his people. I've often wondered why they have just not got together and buit a church. One of my friends is gay and in his truck he always has christian music on. He should have somewhere he can go and enjoy the religion and fellowship.
I agree, but why would anyone wanting to go to church announce what sex they are anyway? Does the pastor get up and say something like,"all straight people stand and sing Amazing Grace, all gay people please remain seated. You can sing I Will Fly away after the straights have finished Amazing Grace."?
It's been a long time since I have been in a church, I don't understand why people are labeled by sexual preference anyway, lol.

“Gray Wolf Club”

Level 2

Since: Dec 07

Hog Thief Valley, Arkansas

#76 Apr 5, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a great church for bigots if you ask me. Get a grip. People who are gay are born that way.
What about people who marry, have kids, then divorce after the kids are grown and take a gay as a lover?
Were they just suppressed gays all the time they were married?
guest

United States

#77 Apr 5, 2009
len117 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about people who marry, have kids, then divorce after the kids are grown and take a gay as a lover?
Were they just suppressed gays all the time they were married?
More than likely suppressed, but I suppose it's possible that there simply was never a question in anyone's mind.
Then, at some point, they felt something was "missing" or they met someone who made them feel things they never felt before.
Everybody is different and women are way different than men in their sexuality.

As for the church, for most people, it's not extremely obvious that you are gay, but too many sermons pointed directly at you would make you feel uncomfortable and people trying to match you up too often would get uncomfortable. Being deceitful in church would be uncomfortable.
Probably, there is no formal declaration at an MCC church, either.
I don't go. I don't know how that works.
Buck

United States

#78 Apr 5, 2009
You can't have a desire for a person of the same sex and live a life that is pleasing to God. So any church should welcome you so you can go there and get saved and stop living that lifestyle and go to heaven when you depart this life.
guest

United States

#79 Apr 5, 2009
I feel confident that if most people who frequent church on Sunday can get into Heaven, I can.

Churches are so filled with hypocrites it's pitiful! Sort of like the Christians who come on Topix. I have as good a chnace as they do, so I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over my Gay-ness.

“Gray Wolf Club”

Level 2

Since: Dec 07

Hog Thief Valley, Arkansas

#80 Apr 5, 2009
Holy Roller wrote:
<quoted text>
It truly amazes me how people pick and choose what they want to follow in the Holy Bible, like you probably do.
For example, in the Holy Bible in Leviticus the Lord your God tells Moses the punishments for various sins that people should follow and in 20:13 the Lord your God says:
"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."
When is the last time you followed you Lord you God's word and put a homosexual to death? After all you must put them to death and the Lord your God says that their blood will be on their own heads. That's right, in another place it says that you must obey the law of the land. But if it wasn't for the fact that it is not legal to put homosexuals to death for being homosexual, you'd be putting homosexuals to death left and right like the government of Iran right? I expect you to lobby for the criminalization of homosexuality as punishable by execution so that you will be following what the Lord your God commanded.
By the way, that same chapter says to stone witches to death.
And in a pretty close chapter it says that it is a sin to eat shellfish.
Also, of course it is an abomination for a man who is missing one or more testicle to step foot in a church.
The God of the bible murdered babies, so that within itself blocks God from being a real God.
He is a Hebrew made monster, forget him, he doesn't exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kin folk motorcycle club (Jul '11) 1 min Slyb the realones 154
Should Trump resign 16 min Twestonhome 42
Blonde at iron horse in the afternoon 33 min Jswjsw 8
no trannies in the military 1 hr guest 1
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Sohorny 17,836
Free School Supplies 2017 2 hr Kaneishia 6
Trumps done 6 hr Party Line Voting 13

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages