Good therapists in pgould or jtown

Posted in the Paragould Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Paragould, AR

#1 Sep 5, 2008
Are there any? and what are their rates?
Grumpy Bear

United States

#2 Sep 5, 2008
wondering wrote:
Physical or mental??????
wondering

Paragould, AR

#3 Sep 5, 2008
Grumpy Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Physical or mental??????
sorry. mental. need a shrink.
NOT A Lemming

Paragould, AR

#4 Sep 5, 2008
ME - seriously
wondering

Paragould, AR

#5 Sep 5, 2008
NOT A Lemming wrote:
ME - seriously
whatever.
Grumpy Bear

United States

#6 Sep 5, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>sorry. mental. need a shrink.
Check the yellow pages or on-line. Might consider starting with a Social Worker (Liscened Clinical Social Worker) first, would be cheaper. There are 3 listed in the yellow pages.
wondering

Paragould, AR

#7 Sep 5, 2008
Grumpy Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the yellow pages or on-line. Might consider starting with a Social Worker (Liscened Clinical Social Worker) first, would be cheaper. There are 3 listed in the yellow pages.
yeah, i know... just wanted to get an opinion. i'm sure there are plenty of people in pgould who have went to one. not meaning anything by that! lol
OnlyOne

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 5, 2008
Dr. Jerry Blaylock is the best. His office is in J-town, though. And, he requires a referral. Call Mid-South Health, P-gould... Kathy Gazaway. They will work based on your income, too.
NOT A Lemming

Paragould, AR

#9 Sep 5, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>whatever.
Wow, I actually was being serious. I hope you can find a good one. If I could make a recommendation, look for an LAC or LPC and make sure they have a background in mental health not rehab because the clinical experience in grad school is not the same, nor is it as intensive. Good luck.
Best of Luck

Little Rock, AR

#10 Sep 5, 2008
Try Michael Teague in J'boro. About $100 an hour.
wondering

Paragould, AR

#11 Sep 6, 2008
NOT A Lemming wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I actually was being serious. I hope you can find a good one. If I could make a recommendation, look for an LAC or LPC and make sure they have a background in mental health not rehab because the clinical experience in grad school is not the same, nor is it as intensive. Good luck.
lol... sorry.. didn't mean to offend. 99% of the people on this site are smart azzes. thnx for your advise.:)
Yum Yum

Little Rock, AR

#12 Sep 6, 2008
I would go to a person who is about your age or a bit older. And of the opposite sex. That way you get a perspective from someone who is of your generation, but on the flip side - so to speak.
NOT a Lemming

Paragould, AR

#13 Sep 6, 2008
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>lol... sorry.. didn't mean to offend. 99% of the people on this site are smart azzes. thnx for your advise.:)
Yeah, I know what you are talking about and when I got your response, I thought about that. Didn't mean to come off that way, my apologies. Anyhoo, whoever suggested Michael Teague was correct, he's a really good therapist. He specializes in drug and alcohol addiction but also works with other issues. Diane Holmes is another in Jonesboro, she's very good as well.

The most important thing in finding a therapist is finding one that you can connect with and one that shares your value system. One size does not fit all in therapy.

Some questions to ask: how much?(obviously) how long?- how long do they think therapy will take, 3 mos, 6 mos, what? what is their view of progress?- it may not be the same as yours, they may take a more incremental view while you want to see big changes. how do they view humans in general?- that most people are bad? good? or somewhere in the middle?

Hope this helps you somewhat and again, I do apologize for any flippancy on my part. Best of luck.
Yum Yum

Little Rock, AR

#14 Sep 6, 2008
NOT a Lemming wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I know what you are talking about and when I got your response, I thought about that. Didn't mean to come off that way, my apologies. Anyhoo, whoever suggested Michael Teague was correct, he's a really good therapist. He specializes in drug and alcohol addiction but also works with other issues. Diane Holmes is another in Jonesboro, she's very good as well.
The most important thing in finding a therapist is finding one that you can connect with and one that shares your value system. One size does not fit all in therapy.
Some questions to ask: how much?(obviously) how long?- how long do they think therapy will take, 3 mos, 6 mos, what? what is their view of progress?- it may not be the same as yours, they may take a more incremental view while you want to see big changes. how do they view humans in general?- that most people are bad? good? or somewhere in the middle?
Hope this helps you somewhat and again, I do apologize for any flippancy on my part. Best of luck.
You sound like MT. Are you a therapist also?
wondering

Paragould, AR

#15 Sep 6, 2008
NOT a Lemming wrote:
<quoted text>
again... thnx very much for the advice. something to ponder on and to help me make a decision...
sean

United States

#16 Sep 6, 2008
wondering wrote:
why do you want the rapist?
hahaha

Little Rock, AR

#17 Sep 6, 2008
sean wrote:
<quoted text>why do you want the rapist?
What does this mean?
right here

Little Rock, AR

#18 Sep 6, 2008
Yum Yum wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't be MT b/c the word "significantly" wasn't used. He says that a LOT.
NOT a Lemming

United States

#19 Sep 6, 2008
Yum Yum wrote:
<quoted text>
Not MT. Thanks though, he's a great person and a wonderful therapist.
In the beginning

Little Rock, AR

#20 Sep 6, 2008
Sometimes the therapist needs therapy. Hope MT is doing better now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr whatimeisit 2,214
Greg Jones (Mar '14) 1 hr just sayin 9
what are the characteristics of a GOOD woman 4 hr U know 5
Meth and anyone that has anything to do with it. 4 hr U know 16
Did autumn and justin get married again 4 hr Aurbre 15
Chad White a Snitch, a user or both? 6 hr Gone but not forg... 1
Crystal Mashburn 6 hr guest 3
More from around the web

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE