GCT Basketball players on Cross Country

GCT Basketball players on Cross Country

Posted in the Paragould Forum

Curiuos

Gregory, AR

#1 Sep 15, 2010
Why are these boys having to be on the Cross Country Team?
Idk

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 17, 2010
Why do u think?

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2010
Seems to me it would help to build their stamina.
fanatic

Paragould, AR

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Curiuos wrote:
Why are these boys having to be on the Cross Country Team?
I think the coach should not be able to make baskeball players run on cross country and then still practice basketball. Scott, if you can read, then you need to either let them run and wait until the season is over to practice basketball, or go practice bb and stop making them do both. Good grief, let them have a life.
Interested observer

Gregory, AR

#5 Sep 19, 2010
Two state championships in basketball for Bowlin and Richey and your questioning how they run their teams. Cross Country is a great way to get in shape and find out if players have any guts. The problem with society today is everybody wants to take the easy way out at Tech no one on the basketball team or cross country team is taking the easy way. Coach Bowlin and Coach Richey know that you have to work for what you get and their record shows it works.
Just Saying

Little Rock, AR

#6 Sep 19, 2010
fanatic wrote:
<quoted text>I think the coach should not be able to make baskeball players run on cross country and then still practice basketball. Scott, if you can read, then you need to either let them run and wait until the season is over to practice basketball, or go practice bb and stop making them do both. Good grief, let them have a life.
Okay, you also have to look at it from a scheduling perspective. Why would you have them in a class the first semester and then pull them out second semester for them to have basketball. Just have the whole year in a sport at that time to make thing easier. Plus it keeps them in shape. I don't know of any that don't want to do it. If they don't, there is a way to get out of it.
lol

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2010
Lol i can not believe u guys are talking about this, the kids should be running and doing extra things if they want to be good, the people commenting on here negative about do your kids ever say they want to play in college, I can promise u that the work outs are way harder, and there is always some kid out. There that is working just that much harder. The object is to be bigger,faster, stronger. I guess you all should have went to school to be a coach, it cracks me up when parents think they know something, cheer for the team, cheer for your kid, leave tje rest for the coach people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrew Bowen/Deputies 4 min Hmmm 10
News Innocent plea entered in corpse case 16 min guest 2
Electric Chair at Park (Dec '09) 18 min red 38
Why they fire Danny Baker from monroe 26 min Yeap 2
Looking for New Doc 30 min guest 5
Bruh 3 hr guest 6
Gone without a trace 4 hr jed 3
Is Tennco/Monroe going to Mexico!!!! 4 hr Happened 100
Bad wreck 11 hr citizen 13
how to pass hair follicle test in 3 hours (Feb '12) Tue Did u pass by a r... 835

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Paragould Mortgages