No more middle class
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hellyeah

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2012
Hell yeah!! Now there won't be anymore middle class thinking that they are better than everyone else with jobs and stuff. They can pay for my food stamps, HUD and Obama phone :-)! Plus I don't care if they can't afford Obamacare...I'll still be able to go to the doctor! They can go on welfare too if they don't like it! GO OBAMA!!!
Eagle eye

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2012
What? Dumbass! Lol
Hellyeah

United States

#3 Nov 6, 2012
Eagle eye wrote:
What? Dumbass! Lol
Just wait and see :-). On second thought, you are too stupid to understand sarcasm, much less see what has been happening around you... However, you are probably an Obama Freeloader leeching off the backs of the working middle class. Who you gonna leech off of once you cripple the producers? OBAMA? BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't even have a clue to what I'm talking about, do you?
consistency please

Paragould, AR

#4 Nov 6, 2012
Hellyeah wrote:
Hell yeah!! Now there won't be anymore middle class thinking that they are better than everyone else with jobs and stuff. They can pay for my food stamps, HUD and Obama phone :-)! Plus I don't care if they can't afford Obamacare...I'll still be able to go to the doctor! They can go on welfare too if they don't like it! GO OBAMA!!!
The Iraq and Afghanistan wars cost $14,000 per man, woman and child in America.

How many of you Paragould Republicans like you have paid that much in federal income taxes? Family of 4...$56,000?

And remember, that is your "fair shair" of the tax bill on just that ONE thing...imagine everything that even you are for added up and divided by the population.

Chances are, you are being "subsidized by the rich" too.

Like the bottom 85% is (and that includes a lot of the middle class).

Sure, the bottom 50% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes, like Romney said. But what does the person at 51% pay?$100 per year? He was adcovating raising taxes on the middle class, he just wasn't admiting it. Only the top 15% of so of income earners are net positive contributors to the tax system.

Consistency please.

Hellyeah

United States

#5 Nov 6, 2012
consistency please wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of you Paragould Republicans like you have paid that much in federal income taxes? Family of 4...$56,000?
And remember, that is your "fair shair" of the tax bill on just that ONE thing...imagine everything that even you are for added up and divided by the population.
Chances are, you are being "subsidized by the rich" too.
Like the bottom 85% is (and that includes a lot of the middle class).
Sure, the bottom 50% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes, like Romney said. But what does the person at 51% pay?$100 per year? He was adcovating raising taxes on the middle class, he just wasn't admiting it. Only the top 15% of so of income earners are net positive contributors to the tax system.
Consistency please.
Nope...no kids, filling married an income of $62,545 last year. Paid in $8,012,paid in roughly $5500 Federal,$3700 SS,$3100 State tax,$860 Medicare tax. I got a whole whopping $400 back. Now, add on to the fact I'm going to be required to carry my own insurance for my spouse and myself at over $10,000 a year (health insurance isn't offered through my job, but I make more than I would anywhere else around here). I have already taken a $14,000 cut in pay since 2008. And you say I'm "subsidized by the rich"? Are you serious? Or insane? But I'll tell you one thing, I DO pay enough taxes to make sure the young lady who lives down the street with her 4 kids doesn't have to work.

United States

#6 Nov 6, 2012
I appreciate that.

Ridgedale, MO

#8 Nov 7, 2012
consistency please wrote:
The total cost of both wars is $1.4 trillion. Dividing that by the population of 313 million comes to about $4500, not $14000.

Why don't you figure out how much per person the extra $6 trillion in debt that Obama has added to the debt will cost us? Don't forget, that's over 4 years, not 11.
Let's see,$4500 x 4 (family members)=$18000. Now that's the total cost of both wars over the last 11 years (Afghan war began in 2001).

So,$18000 / 11 years =$1636 per year for your typical family of 4. Yeah, we paid that much, and a whole lot more.
And remember, that is your "fair shair" of the tax bill on just that ONE thing.
Yep, but the problem is that 47% of the people don't pay their fair share, which means the rest of us have to pay more than our fair share, plus we steal money from future generations too.
Sure, the bottom 50% of Americans don't pay federal income taxes, like Romney said. He was adcovating raising taxes on the middle class, he just wasn't admiting it.
No, he said specifically that he wasn't going to raise taxes on anybody. But now that Obama has been re-elected and is hell bent on allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire, every taxpayer will get a huge tax increase, and the poorest taxpayers will receive the largest increase.

Yes, we are definitely going over the cliff. Buy guns, ammunition and gold.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 7, 2012
Hellyeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...no kids, filling married an income of $62,545 last year. Paid in $8,012,paid in roughly $5500 Federal,$3700 SS,$3100 State tax,$860 Medicare tax. I got a whole whopping $400 back. Now, add on to the fact I'm going to be required to carry my own insurance for my spouse and myself at over $10,000 a year (health insurance isn't offered through my job, but I make more than I would anywhere else around here). I have already taken a $14,000 cut in pay since 2008. And you say I'm "subsidized by the rich"? Are you serious? Or insane? But I'll tell you one thing, I DO pay enough taxes to make sure the young lady who lives down the street with her 4 kids doesn't have to work.
The math doesn't add up..lol.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 7, 2012
The middle class is safe.

Mitt can't redistribute the middle class wealth to the rich now to pay for his tax cuts for the rich..lol.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 7, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>But now that Obama has been re-elected and is hell bent on allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire, every taxpayer will get a huge tax increase, and the poorest taxpayers will receive the largest increase.
Scaremongering is a failed strategy.

Its caused the Republicans to lose on more than one occasion.

Yet, you are still scaremongering.

Give it up!

You Failed!!..ROFLMAO!!
Uhmm

Conway, AR

#12 Nov 7, 2012
I was watching ABC news last night for a while. Even Barbara Walters who is as pro-Obama as you can get said that Obama did nothing to reach out to businesses and work with them on creating jobs.

This country is such a mess, it's more divided now than anytime since the Civil war and the ones who are cheerleading for Obama see nothing wrong with it.

“The Turdblossom of Topix”

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Paragould

#13 Nov 7, 2012
The middle class is safe? Obamacare hits them harder than anyone and clearly the "good stuff" was put in BEFORE the election, now the pain starts.
not so fast

Paragould, AR

#14 Nov 7, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
The total cost of both wars is $1.4 trillion. Dividing that by the population of 313 million comes to about $4500, not $14000.
Why don't you figure out how much per person the extra $6 trillion in debt that Obama has added to the debt will cost us? Don't forget, that's over 4 years, not 11.
<quoted text>
Let's see,$4500 x 4 (family members)=$18000. Now that's the total cost of both wars over the last 11 years (Afghan war began in 2001).
So,$18000 / 11 years =$1636 per year for your typical family of 4. Yeah, we paid that much, and a whole lot more.
<quoted text>
Yep, but the problem is that 47% of the people don't pay their fair share, which means the rest of us have to pay more than our fair share, plus we steal money from future generations too.
<quoted text>
No, he said specifically that he wasn't going to raise taxes on anybody. But now that Obama has been re-elected and is hell bent on allowing the Bush Tax Cuts to expire, every taxpayer will get a huge tax increase, and the poorest taxpayers will receive the largest increase.
The final bill will run at least $3.7 trillion and could reach as high as $4.4 trillion, according to the research project "Costs of War" by Brown University's Watson Institute for International Studies.

In the 10 years since U.S. troops went into Afghanistan to root out the al Qaeda leaders behind the September 11, 2001, attacks, spending on the conflicts totaled $2.3 trillion to $2.7 trillion.

Those numbers will continue to soar when considering often overlooked costs such as long-term obligations to wounded veterans. The estimates do not include at least $1 trillion more in interest payments coming due and many billions more in expenses that cannot be counted, according to the study.
not so fast

Paragould, AR

#15 Nov 7, 2012
Also guest, in addition to being factually wrong about the cost of the wars, you say that 47% don't pay their fair share. The problem is what does the person at 47.1% pay? Their "fair share?" Not even close. 50%? 60%? 70%? Nope, they still aren't paying their "fair share." Stop being dishonest and trying to lump them in with those at the top who are paying their "fair share." It almost makes it seem like a majority of Americans should be outraged, right? Wrong. Math doesn't lie. Only people do. Either that or they are ignorant.
Ktdid

United States

#16 Nov 7, 2012
Hellyeah wrote:
<quoted text>
You could quit your job and file bankruptcy and let Obama put you on food stamp, pay for your phone and rent and send you a check and give you commodities. Where have you been, man?
Seen It All

United States

#17 Nov 7, 2012
Sure thing! Now our man Obama is in we will be drinking that good Bubble Up and drinking that Rainbow stew for the next 4years!!!
not so fast

Paragould, AR

#18 Nov 7, 2012
...we all know that the top 1% pays 37% of federal income taxes paid. The top 5% pays 60% of federal income taxes paid. The top 10% pays 70% of federal income taxes paid. I looked it up once, and someone has to be in like the top 15% of wage earners to even be a net positive contributor to the tax system...

Math + Reality + Honesty = YOU LOOSE guest

A vast majority of Americans (including most of the middle class) are "subsidized by the rich."

They aren't paying for anything of anyone else...they aren't even paying their own "fair share" of the budget (not even the parts of the budget that they support if they got to pick and choose).
Hellyeah

United States

#19 Nov 7, 2012
Ktdid wrote:
<quoted text> You could quit your job and file bankruptcy and let Obama put you on food stamp, pay for your phone and rent and send you a check and give you commodities. Where have you been, man?
HAhahaha, in the end I'll probably have to. Unfortunately,by the time I do, I don't know who is going to pay for mine. Some people actually BELIEVE Obama pays for their welfare LOLOLOLOL.
Hellyeah

United States

#20 Nov 7, 2012
District9 wrote:
<quoted text>
The math doesn't add up..lol.
It's not my fault you can't add. I'm in a 20% tax bracket. As I don't have kids, I don't get any "earned income credit". I don't have a lot of deductions, so the government takes its' 20%. The only thing is, I'd originally said I paid in "$8,012". Then I looked on my income tax return to see what I actually paid and broke it down. I didn't bother to go back and edit out the "$8,012". It was actually $9,200 in state and federal. Then another $3,960 in medicare and social security (which I'll probably never get to see back by the time I'm old enough for it). I earned $62,000. I paid the government $12,760 (not adding in the $400 I got back). By all means, you can take my returns to your accountant, and let him do the math.
Hellyeah

United States

#21 Nov 7, 2012
Correction, I made $62,545 instead of $62,000. I don't want to confuse your math.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women beaters 8 min XYZ 75
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 15 min Question 34,997
8 Executions By The End Of The Month 22 min XYZ 12
snakes at walmart? 36 min Some guy 2
Trumps impeachment 1 hr THE ONE 63
Mark potter 2 hr Sad 2
Need a licensed tree removal person 2 hr troller 4

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance