Yes

NO

Sometimes

jenny

United States

#21 Aug 15, 2008
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
It would do NO good to ask Staff Mark, because I did when I worked there. They say its a mistake. Sure, A mistake they dont want o fix, they are makeing alot of money off the interest on that money they are keeping and not giving to hard working people who would rather have it applied to their check now instead of at the end of the year. They told me not to worry about it, I would get the money back at the end of the year anyway. Well, Thats NOT their choice to make as to when to give me my money. If I want to claim 3 or 4 dependents and get more money now on a check I can, well not if you work at Staff Mark. There is no telling how much they are making off this little scam! I dont know how high up this goes, if it's just Paragould location or all the Staff Marks.
i called my sister in texas she works for the irs.she said she didnt think it was legal.but she would go ask her boss.she is going to call me bck tonight.she also said she would let me know who this should be reported to. so maybe this will help you. it sounds like a scam.
Cagle for me

Clovis, NM

#22 Aug 15, 2008
Frankie Loretta Smith wrote:
Hey have you noticed I know wants to know
if staff mark has ever screwed anyone over.
Why is such an imporatant man asking?
Proably didn't get his last check from
the temporay service I f he could and
would work Kisner Performance might have a job
for him. He could at least air up the ttires
with his hot air mouth
You are all wet you are just exausting at the mouth, which sounds like you have one. I don't believe you have a college degree.
Cagle for me

Clovis, NM

#23 Aug 15, 2008
Former Temporary Worker wrote:
I think that the temporary services are bad in general.
They create an unnessary "middle man" between you an the factory -- and in the process they get a very large fraction of the wage that you would have gotten if you were working for the factory itself...and the factory saves on benefits, medical insurance, having someone gaining senority, ect. They mostly use workers while dangling the possibility of being hired permanently for months on end until you eventually quit, and then they just simply replace you...
It's even worse when they seem to be outright crooked, like when the former plant manager of Emerson (Deerwood Biles) had a son-in-law who owned Delta, their main customer...or when Danny Baker (who is a main supervisor at Monroe) owned Tandum Insustrial Staffing, their main customer.
That was started as a program to help get people off of welfare, but it has turned into a cash cow for those in power to take advantage of ordinary everday workers as even the unemployment office sends people there...pathetic...
You are right. There needs to be some legislation on the matter. They are ripping working people off, not only that, if you need to get any information on you work wages, you have to go on line and pay for it.
I know

United States

#24 Aug 15, 2008
jenny wrote:
<quoted text>i called my sister in texas she works for the irs.she said she didnt think it was legal.but she would go ask her boss.she is going to call me bck tonight.she also said she would let me know who this should be reported to. so maybe this will help you. it sounds like a scam.
Thanks, I will be glad to make a call to whoever needs to look into this.
I know

United States

#25 Aug 15, 2008
Call me lets talk about it239 2941
I have NO reason to call and talk with you, are you with Staff Mark, if so why would I want to talk with someone working for the place in question. Staff mark didnt want to fix the problem when they had the chance.I want them looked into and their books checked by the IRS on this TAX matter.
Donna Tate SR

United States

#27 Aug 16, 2008
I have worked for them in the past and they always had something going on there. My check was also not being done correctly. I asked for 2 Dep. to be counted and they put ( 0 ) for me. I was not aware they were doing this to everyone.
Daves pawn

United States

#28 Aug 17, 2008
My wife worked there and she was getting upset with her checks also. I told her to ask them and they told her it would even out at tax time and she would get the money then, crazy if ya ask me. not there place to tell you to wait. I know you can claim however many dependants ya want.
Lucas DePratt

Paragould, AR

#29 Aug 17, 2008
<quoted text>
Since when did you get paid to think? FYI
Just got off the Cagle thread. Wouldn't have ever
got on this forum but when I know people are
lying I am going to say something count on it.
I know seems to think he knows my son he don't
know shit about either one of my sons and I
know is the one who started throwing insults
just tells me he can't take.I know has insulted
me and my son but is to chicken shit to say
who he really is.
Ms. Frankie Lorretta Smith, You had sex with Bob Elders in your younger days... He was my 1st cousin and had Syphilis. I needed to get that off my chest for it has bothered me for years.
closer look

United States

#30 Aug 19, 2008
Lucas DePratt wrote:
<quoted text> Ms. Frankie Lorretta Smith, You had sex with Bob Elders in your younger days... He was my 1st cousin and had Syphilis. I needed to get that off my chest for it has bothered me for years.
and what, now he works for Staff Mark? lets stay with the Topic at hand .
ballys

United States

#31 Aug 19, 2008
I was told the IRS is involved now.
StaffMark Employee

Gregory, AR

#32 Aug 19, 2008
I think the same shits going on with my check. I have 3 dependents, make 8 bucks an hour, and only bring home 255 a week for 40hrs. Seems fishy to me. I'm goin up there tomorrow and settling this shit.
IM telling ya

United States

#33 Aug 21, 2008
StaffMark Employee wrote:
I think the same shits going on with my check. I have 3 dependents, make 8 bucks an hour, and only bring home 255 a week for 40hrs. Seems fishy to me. I'm goin up there tomorrow and settling this shit.
Yes, they are holding out to much, if you claim 3 dependents your check should be more, based on the numbers you gave on here. Staff Mark has been getting away with this for way to many years I hope they are ready to pay the price when the IRS gets involved!
Lindsey

Paragould, AR

#34 Aug 21, 2008
I drew unemployment for one check of $72 and they are now suing me for it. They said that I quit but I was laid off. They held an appeal on it and now I have to appeal it again. The reasoning for the appeal.. "The employee's last assignment was at Teleflora. The assignment ended because the claimant was tardy repeatedly for unknown reasons, failed to properly notify management, and her production was below the standards required to obtain an offer of permanent employment." That is all bullshit! I don't think it is fair for them to do this. I was in Mississippi for a visit and had four days off so that I could go and not worry about having to call in. I think that she (Misty) changed the schedule and called it a 'no call no show'. The whole place is messed up and should be shut down!
I know

United States

#35 Aug 21, 2008
Lindsey wrote:
I drew unemployment for one check of $72 and they are now suing me for it. They said that I quit but I was laid off. They held an appeal on it and now I have to appeal it again. The reasoning for the appeal.. "The employee's last assignment was at Teleflora. The assignment ended because the claimant was tardy repeatedly for unknown reasons, failed to properly notify management, and her production was below the standards required to obtain an offer of permanent employment." That is all bullshit! I don't think it is fair for them to do this. I was in Mississippi for a visit and had four days off so that I could go and not worry about having to call in. I think that she (Misty) changed the schedule and called it a 'no call no show'. The whole place is messed up and should be shut down!
That $72 dollars should be the least of their worries, they are in alot of trouble over this tax and dependents issue. I was told not to even be talking about it anymore and let the IRS handle it. They are going to look into Staff Mark for several years back.
Lindsey

Paragould, AR

#36 Aug 24, 2008
Well I hope they do and get caught for all that they did wrong.
Dock Holidiay

Uniontown, PA

#37 Jul 9, 2011
Unemployment denied because they are the modern equivalent to slave owners!

Yes they screwed me in a very bad way! I worked for the Sony TV plant in PA for about 3 years. I was laid of around 3 different times during my time there and each time was for around 1 day. I was called back almost immediately each time. The last time I was laid off from staffmark I found a new job that paid Triple what I was making at staffmark. They called me to come back 3 weeks after my lay off started and just 2 days before I was to start my new job. I told them I found a new job and that it was a much better job and thanks but no thanks I wont be coming back. The next week after starting my new job I tried to file for my last 2 weeks of unemployment but I was denied because staffmark said that I quit my job! They told the unemployment office that I quit my job on the same day that they laid me off. I had to repay all the benefits that I had received since I was laid off. The way staffmark got away with this is that they have a policy which states that if you are laid off you must contact them within 24 hours to see if they have anything available. Then you have to call them weekly after that to see if there is any work available. In my 3 years of working there I was laid off several times and nobody ever told me to call them the next day. The question was posed many times at the layoff announcements what should we do. They always said that they would call us as soon as there was new work available and they never mentioned this rule ever. What makes this even more disturbing for me is that they didn't Dennie my unemployment until they knew that I wouldn't be coming back to be there fucking slave anymore. They only fuck the people they cant harness any longer to be there modern day slave labor. I should mention that just 18 hours after they laid me off last they called me to offer me a job. I was not home but my wife was and she took the call. John told her that he had a job available and she said should I have him call you back and he said no. By the time I would get back to him he would have the job filled. After I contacted staff mark about how pissed I was at them and how I never knew about this fucking policy and nobody ever told me about this policy and at several large layoffs it was never said to us that we must call you and I think your intentionally misleading us in order to avoid paying unemployment. I also told them about the offer for work that was made to me and they had no record of john calling me and then saying never mind since I wasn't home at the moment.
Antonio Starks

Carlisle, AR

#38 Mar 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Wasn't addressing anything to you just to I know
since I know seems think he knows all about my son
when he don;t know shit and to chicken shit to
give his name.
Learn simple English. Its really not that hard....
Tanwen

Houston, TX

#39 Oct 5, 2012
I was working an assignment and my paycheck didn't come - the client was unable to approve my time becasuse the job was exteneded and the order of extentison was not put in the system. I had to take off from the assignment for 4 hours to try to get paid and I was fianlly paid a week late - the next day was pay day again and once again - no pay check - this time - there was no explanantion at all - each week I have to make phone call after phone call while I'm trying to work just to get them to acutally proces a pay check for me. And I was insuled by the repersentative on top of that. I have never worked for any company where week after week they didn't process pay checks.
uncle tom

United States

#40 Feb 18, 2014
F them I was injured and lost my job. With temp companies you do not have the protection of the law under normal workmans comp. Plus I have the privilege to be in a right to work state. Tennessee assumes the employer is a saint and the employee trash. The old antebellum days of the south are alive and well. Slavery never ended it just changed definitions.
Wasted

Dallas, TX

#41 Aug 2, 2014
I spenders About 4 hours in Staffmark for nothing..the Staffmark office I went to with a front desk person name Lupe need to be train,because she don't call back after she tell a person she would.Lupe is doing to much and don't know what's going on...I am pissed off the way I was treated by her..She is one lost puppy that need to be on her Job as a front desk person....I will never waste my time with a Temp. zest ice ever again They have some Bullsh..people who waste another person time for no job. They have they picks at Staffmark. Fu.k all y'all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 12 min BARNEYII 32,636
kin folk motorcycle club (Jul '11) 1 hr TRUTH45 59
The America I want to live in 2 hr kennie23 62
left lane idiot 5 hr Bullets aplenty 39
Democrat Party of Arkansas 5 hr guest 7
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 5 hr luci 17,618
things u thought could never happen 6 hr Deplorableknuckle... 9

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance