First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Paragould, AR

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Where did topic get removed , or am I overlooking it? Channel 8 doing a story for tonight. Hope DP follows up, too.

Ravenden, AR

#2 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Where did topic get removed , or am I overlooking it? Channel 8 doing a story for tonight. Hope DP follows up, too.
yes they just embarrassed the kids in the lunchroom because their parents didn't pay the lunch bill. what's wrong with that. try calling the kids parents first no way. like they couldn't get a computer print-out of kids who owe more than a certain amount of money and mail or call...that wouldn't be as much fun.

how the rumors got started coming up at 6. this should be good

Paragould, AR

#3 Feb 6, 2013
What happened?
Doogie Houser

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Feb 6, 2013
The students get a printout every week of how much they owe. They are 16,17, & 18 yrs old. They make sure they have money to eat on the weekends, why not Monday through Friday? If you can't afford to pay that $100-$200 that you have accumulated because you haven't paid for lunch in a long time, apply for free lunch. Why should anybody expect their child to eat for free if you haven't filled out the free lunch papers?

Paragould, AR

#5 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>yes they just embarrassed the kids in the lunchroom because their parents didn't pay the lunch bill. what's wrong with that. try calling the kids parents first no way. like they couldn't get a computer print-out of kids who owe more than a certain amount of money and mail or call...that wouldn't be as much fun.

how the rumors got started coming up at 6. this should be good
If true, what dumbass 'educators,' or at least the participant(s). Why would an adult who should know better purposefully embarrass the children? A bully. For real. I hope the story isn't true.

“It is what it is....”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Doogie Houser wrote:
The students get a printout every week of how much they owe. They are 16,17, & 18 yrs old. They make sure they have money to eat on the weekends, why not Monday through Friday? If you can't afford to pay that $100-$200 that you have accumulated because you haven't paid for lunch in a long time, apply for free lunch. Why should anybody expect their child to eat for free if you haven't filled out the free lunch papers?
You do not know every child's situation at home. I know for a fact that no matter what age the child is, school meals are the only meals that they receive...period.
It is appalling that a school would rather throw away a meal simply because someone cannot pay.
Not every parent cares about their child and could care less about filling out the piles of paperwork when a student starts school.
Punish the parents, not the children!

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
Carla Wilson started this whole thing. She deleted the post. After the fact.
whodat

Paragould, AR

#8 Feb 6, 2013
KAIT website says story covered @ 5 & 6. Anybody watch it?

United States

#9 Feb 6, 2013
No but just read what really happend. Somebody just wants to start drama. Their not denying any kid food. Their trying to collect outstanding balances. The debt was up to 13,000 Dollars. It's half that now. Gct is even doing payment plans for the parents that can't pay it off all at once. I personally believe Mr. Weeks is doing a good job.
Old School

Jonesboro, AR

#10 Feb 6, 2013
Why doesn't the parents cut out smokes, beer and drugs or whatever and stop draining tne taxpayers who are paying for discount breakfast and lunches fot teachers, staff and students. This waste should stop.
been there

Paragould, AR

#11 Feb 6, 2013
GlacialEden wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not know every child's situation at home. I know for a fact that no matter what age the child is, school meals are the only meals that they receive...period.
It is appalling that a school would rather throw away a meal nosimply because someone cannot pay.
Not every parent cares about their child and could care less about filling out the piles of paperwork when a student starts school.
Punish the parents, not the children!
None of us has been told we can't have lunch. Some of us were talked to by the principals to see if we needed help to pay the bill. Our principals are really cool. One of them I don't know which one, paid some kids bill before Christmas to help him out. Sometimes nobody likes the lunch. I read that a tray was dumped by one of them and I can tell you I don't believe that happened. Everyone would know if that really happened. I think this is somebody that is mad or something.

Paragould, AR

#12 Feb 6, 2013
Old School wrote:
Why doesn't the parents cut out smokes, beer and drugs or whatever and stop draining tne taxpayers who are paying for discount breakfast and lunches fot teachers, staff and students. This waste should stop.
Just because a child is on free/reduced lunches doesn't mean their parents smoke, drink, or do drugs. And most of those kids are children of tax payers. So the parents ARE paying for it. I would much rather see some parent who is working 2 jobs, buying their own groceries (without food stamps), and not receiving welfare get reduced/free lunches for their kids. I would just be happy for ALL children to be receiving good hot meals. Granted there are some people who drain the system. But not everybody does.
whodat

Paragould, AR

#13 Feb 6, 2013
The story on KAIT is a bunch of bull. Looks like some crawfishing going on to me. Whether or not someone's tray was dumped is beside the point. The quote from GCT administration stated they were pinpointing kids who were behind on lunch money. I guess the cafeteria is the only place to do that? What an embarassment for those kids to be singled out. By the way, why is Tech saying the kids owe money? Shouldn't it be the parents who owe? I don't care how far behind they are, they should be given a meal. For those who think that is wasteful spending, how about the $5 million indoor practice facility? Sorry, forgot about needing to keep up w PSD

Paragould, AR

#14 Feb 7, 2013
whodat wrote:
The story on KAIT is a bunch of bull. Looks like some crawfishing going on to me. Whether or not someone's tray was dumped is beside the point. The quote from GCT administration stated they were pinpointing kids who were behind on lunch money. I guess the cafeteria is the only place to do that? What an embarassment for those kids to be singled out. By the way, why is Tech saying the kids owe money? Shouldn't it be the parents who owe? I don't care how far behind they are, they should be given a meal. For those who think that is wasteful spending, how about the $5 million indoor practice facility? Sorry, forgot about needing to keep up w PSD
Thought the same as you. Still embarrassed children by confronting them in lunch line. I understand the school has a problem, but do not subject the students to ridicule by other students . Go on KAIT website to see video.

Ravenden, AR

#15 Feb 7, 2013
"We were in line to make sure if a kid that was over thirty dollars. We would take their names and meet with them and find out what the issue was and set up a payment plan if we needed to and contact their parents," said GCT Principal, Gene Weeks.

http://greenecounty.kait8.com/news/news/97904...
user

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Feb 7, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Carla Wilson started this whole thing. She deleted the post. After the fact.
She deleted it because her child was getting harassed about the whole thing.

Ravenden, AR

#17 Feb 7, 2013
user wrote:
<quoted text>
since they showed the facebook post in the story, I wonder why the news didn't contact the poster. if they did they should have said she had no comment. more one sided reporting
Sassypants

Little Rock, AR

#18 Feb 7, 2013
user wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe she'll think about that next time. How about being a mature adult and taking it up with the school instead of acting like a child and posting it on Facebook? If she didn't see it with her own eyes she had no business putting it out there for everyone to read. I personally know three people who called the school after reading her post, and they don't even know her. They only saw it because either a friend had "liked" or commented on it. I don't understand why grown adults believe every damn status they read. It's no wonder our society sucks.

Oklahoma City, OK

#19 Feb 7, 2013
user wrote:
<quoted text>She deleted it because her child was getting harassed about the whole thing.
That's funny. I thought she deleted it because her status was on the news. Literally with her name blurred. Shit starter is what Carla is
LaffyTaffy

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Feb 7, 2013
Sassypants wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe she'll think about that next time. How about being a mature adult and taking it up with the school instead of acting like a child and posting it on Facebook? If she didn't see it with her own eyes she had no business putting it out there for everyone to read. I personally know three people who called the school after reading her post, and they don't even know her. They only saw it because either a friend had "liked" or commented on it. I don't understand why grown adults believe every damn status they read. It's no wonder our society sucks.
Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to know when your spouse is a freeloader 48 min believe 2
Paragould now a Black city 1 hr Wondering 16
Low life piece of garbage Dakota Quinn 1 hr Best friends know... 13
Joseph lee gilbee 24. Lives in lafe 1 hr Just wondering 3
why abc lets bars have gambling machines 2 hr Hello 11
Jill ellis ( krause) 3 hr Guest 19
roommate 3 hr ironman 2277 8
More from around the web

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE