Haunted Places in Paragould

Level 1

Since: Jul 08

N.E.A.R and S.E.M.O

#23 Oct 2, 2008
Hello from the Northeast Arkansas Paranormal Society!
We have investigated some of the places down in the Senath area plus some other places. You can check out what we caught on our website at www.nearps.com

If you have a personal experience you would like to share or if you need help with a possible haunting at your residence, you can contact us at [email protected]
collins

Paragould, AR

#24 Oct 2, 2008
The Collins is not haunted. It is just a rumor to get people to come there.
Anonymous

United States

#25 Oct 7, 2008
dallas stone wrote:
ive been to lulu also. that ones not even very scary
You are exactly right, half of my family is from that area and are burried there... My grandparents already have their plots bought. My cousin and I were out there late one night after goin by the Cry Baby Bridge, and Senath Light. Its not haunted or scarry at all. Now me and some friends went out to a cemetery in rector called Scatterville Cemetery, and it was kinda freaky, but its hard to find at dark iv been there once and then tried to take some other people out there and we could not find it... It is way out on some gravel roads and just the ride there is an experience. We had fun looking for it even though I couldn't find it the second time. Anyways just giving some FYI!
u asked for it

Union, MO

#27 Oct 9, 2008
i herd that cemetarty in rector..the catholic one. is haunted her name is mary your supposed to call the lil girl
Sassy

Paragould, AR

#28 Oct 9, 2008
that cemetary is blocked of because of ppl going to see the little girl.ive been there alot and never saw anything.not saying its not haunted but its posted so if you go you better get permission from the ppl across the road.

Since: Oct 08

Newport, AR

#29 Oct 9, 2008
Fukitol wrote:
Ewwwieee, walk rector road @ night!!
*shivers*~~~ yup yup... LMAO!!

Level 1

N.E.A.R and S.E.M.O

#30 Oct 9, 2008
Sassy wrote:
that cemetary is blocked of because of ppl going to see the little girl.ive been there alot and never saw anything.not saying its not haunted but its posted so if you go you better get permission from the ppl across the road.
What cemetery are you talking about? Mary's Chapel is not blocked off and the only thing across the road is a field full of cattle. We have been there and investigated many times. It's not posted because this is not allowed by law. Access to a cemetery must be granted at any time by the public.
Sassy

Paragould, AR

#31 Oct 9, 2008
you obviously dont know where im talkin about...its the original mary's chapel
Sassy

Paragould, AR

#32 Oct 9, 2008
if you are from piggott then you should know and it is blocked off with a no trespassing and posted sign.just ask around.its not the one with the big sign...the sign for this one is gone.and private cemetaries dont have to grant the public anything.you have been looking at the wrong one.you would have to be told if you dont know where it is.
Just Me

United States

#33 Oct 9, 2008
I have heard about the one you are talking about. I was told it is behind the Catholic Church that is not in use no more. The little girls name is Mary, not the cemetery.
creepy pete

Paragould, AR

#34 Oct 9, 2008
what about the baby cemetery , i think going torwards mr.t's , its in the back of a crop feild, its not taking care of, there is some little angels' and some crosses and baby pillows,, i havent been their since i was young but it was real creepy, and that was daylight.
Just Me

United States

#35 Oct 9, 2008
Thats probably the Bertig cemetery. Its hard to find. And yes I thought it was creepy in the daylight. haven't been at night, yet.
yeah

Paragould, AR

#36 Oct 9, 2008
this is suppose to be a thread bout places in paragould.....

Since: Oct 08

Newport, AR

#37 Oct 9, 2008
If I were wanting to get scared seriously in Paragould, where would be a good place to go on Halloween? Im not from here so I dont know much of the history of the town.

Level 1

N.E.A.R and S.E.M.O

#38 Oct 10, 2008
Sassy wrote:
if you are from piggott then you should know and it is blocked off with a no trespassing and posted sign.just ask around.its not the one with the big sign...the sign for this one is gone.and private cemetaries dont have to grant the public anything.you have been looking at the wrong one.you would have to be told if you dont know where it is.
No, it is not blocked off, unless someone did it in the last 3 weeks because I was there. This is Hillsboro cemetery (after the old Hillsboro community, of course). It does have a sign that says "Hillsboro cemetery est. 1856" which means it is not a private cemetery. Yes, we paranormal investigators have an uncanny knack for finding cemeteries. Of course, the fact that I grew up running those roads couldn't hurt. BTW, I believe we went to school together.

Level 1

N.E.A.R and S.E.M.O

#39 Oct 10, 2008
Just Me wrote:
I have heard about the one you are talking about. I was told it is behind the Catholic Church that is not in use no more. The little girls name is Mary, not the cemetery.
It is kinda' behind it but the name of the cemetery is Hillsboro, not Mary's Chapel. It was never called Mary's Chapel either, contrary to popular belief. All information is available in the Piggott (or Rector) library.

Gregory, AR

#40 Oct 10, 2008
You'll see things at Paragould Nursing Center too. My experiences were on 100 Hall. Two of us were stating in the hall talking one night, and a man walked across the hall, into a woman's room, that had three women it in. Both of us went down there to get him out of their room, and no one was there, but the three ladies in bed sleeping.

Linen barrels, carts, etc. would move by themselves.

You'd feel cold chills pass through you like someone walking by

Paragould, AR

#41 Oct 10, 2008
what about the little childrens cemetary off of fairview west of town?

Since: Sep 08

United States

#42 Oct 10, 2008
Never knew bout the childrens, thats interesting!!
sure thing

Little Rock, AR

#43 Oct 10, 2008
the hotel used to be ramada inn but now its a diff. name. I know its haunted i used to work there and heard of lots of stories, I went to clean a room one time and it was locked by the bolt well there was nobody in there we me and another girl went outside to try to open the door it wouldn't open so we called our boss and she came down there and it opened up like it was nothing. I was told when i started working there that a girl took lots of blood thinner or something like that and blead to death in one of the rooms there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do humans think they are a superior species ? 3 min tallboy 3
Thoughts on transgender 6 min tallboy 211
Jenn Gibbs 6 min Bystander 3
Michelle Esponiza 10 min Stupid 5
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 29 min Reality Check 38,779
How to get hair clean for test 57 min coltbrandy 2
Walmart parking lot 3 hr Guest 3

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance