no more

Paragould, AR

#44 Dec 18, 2012
Wow didn't think that many ppl in paragould would just hand over there rights . I live just south of town guess ill take my dollar to Jonesboro from now on and so will many others . Good luck with that whole growing town thing

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#45 Dec 18, 2012
I think you opposers to this Beat Cop program should just rush right up to a cop holding one of those AR-15s waving your Glock in one hand and you carry permit in the other, then proceed to order him off your street backed by the US Constitution.

I'm sure he'd be a very understanding civil employee.

Level 3

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#46 Dec 18, 2012
You people just forgot what our grandpa's taught us, hang a few high and the rest will flee.

Paragould, AR

#47 Dec 18, 2012
Peole wake up.
Do you live on the eastside of town
Their are alot of good people that have owned their home for 30 plus years.
Their are alot of profesonnal people on the east side,

it has got so bad I am honestly scared to take my trash out.

We have had a lot of things stolen for from us.

We can not walk walk in this area. Tried it a while back. some one tried to sell us drugs.
Need to be thinking about al the killing and robbers.
Could be you or your family member.
Sure most people with bad comments dont live on the east side. or are dope dealers or just plain nuts.

yes it is leagal to ask for i.d,

Know for a fact when I was in highschooL OVER 30 YEARS AGO.

My best friend and I would get up an jog before school , yes it was in the 70s.

We were by the post ofice and police stopped us and asked for ids.

NO quit your bitching and help the people
no more

Paragould, AR

#49 Dec 18, 2012
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin
turtle face

Tyler, TX

#50 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
Peole wake up.
We can not walk walk in this area. Tried it a while back. some one tried to sell us drugs.
Sure most people with bad comments dont live on the east side. or are dope dealers or just plain nuts.
"there are alot of professional people on the east side"? LMAO!!!
Bob

Duffield, VA

#51 Dec 18, 2012
I say the sheep need to wake up. This is martial law. It is in violation of the law and the Constitution. Glad I don't live there.
lori

Oklahoma City, OK

#52 Dec 18, 2012
no more wrote:
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Ben Franklin
Ummm they hung people in Ben's time for stealing horses...can't really use that.
lori

Oklahoma City, OK

#53 Dec 18, 2012
Bob wrote:
I say the sheep need to wake up. This is martial law. It is in violation of the law and the Constitution. Glad I don't live there.
I say your wrong! I want my safe lil town back. Since Katrina and all the crap moved here its nothing but hell
Fo Show

Little Rock, AR

#54 Dec 18, 2012
lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm they hung people in Ben's time for stealing horses...can't really use that.
It's actually a broader point meant to address the importance of liberties that people have fought and died to preserve. The Patriot Act would be an example of the type of thing I think Ben envisioned in when penning this.

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#55 Dec 18, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
I think you opposers to this Beat Cop program should just rush right up to a cop holding one of those AR-15s waving your Glock in one hand and you carry permit in the other, then proceed to order him off your street backed by the US Constitution.
I'm sure he'd be a very understanding civil employee.
Do you come here just to offend? I've read a few of your post, seems that you always ramble on with incoherent contradicting psycho babble. If so I must say bravo, it's an amazing show of skill. You successfully annoy everyone you come in contact with. The last master of annoyance was the now missing rbj.

Paragould, AR

#56 Dec 18, 2012
guest wrote:
Peole wake up.
They can ask for whatever they want, but whether or not they have a right to demand it with the threat of arrest and prosecution is an entirely different story.

Cathouse Mouse

#57 Dec 18, 2012
Sociopath wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you come here just to offend? I've read a few of your post, seems that you always ramble on with incoherent contradicting psycho babble. If so I must say bravo, it's an amazing show of skill. You successfully annoy everyone you come in contact with. The last master of annoyance was the now missing rbj.
Does me pointing out what a beat cop program looks like offend you?

You people offend yourselves. On one hand you want teachers armed with guns while complaining about your mayor and police dept trying to clean up your outrageously high crime neighborhoods.

A month ago this board was covered with whinners saying the police wasn't doing anything to stop crime.

What do you people want? Apparently not someone like me who forces you to take a peek in the mirror, aye?

If my comments don't have merit, they won't offend you.
Lester

United States

#58 Dec 18, 2012
Are the Mayor and Sheriff republicans?

Cathouse Mouse

#59 Dec 18, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
They can ask for whatever they want, but whether or not they have a right to demand it with the threat of arrest and prosecution is an entirely different story.
If you are not cooperative, a police officer in any city in America holds the authority to arrest you for questioning and take you to jail.

How do you all expect the police to help you if you treat them as the enemy? Get those televisions off Hannity before you go completely nuts. The police are not your enemy. They haven't been sent by Obama to take away your liberty.

Clowns.
SaroniK

Newark, OH

#60 Dec 18, 2012
I think perhaps your loss of liberty may be something to fear. Myself, I'd take my chances with any bad guy before I would with anyone from the government.
All for it wrote:
I hope they clean up a lot of the trash on the streets of Paragould. They can stop me and since I'm not guilty of any crimes I have nothing to fear, while the druggies and thieves are getting all bent out of shape.
Go PPD!

Level 1

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#61 Dec 18, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Does me pointing out what a beat cop program looks like offend you?
You people offend yourselves. On one hand you want teachers armed with guns while complaining abou,t your mayor and police dept trying to clean up your outrageously high crime neighborhoods.
A month ago this board was covered with whinners saying the police wasn't doing anything to stop crime.
What do you people want? Apparently not someone like me who forces you to take a peek in the mirror, aye?
If my comments don't have merit, they won't offend you.
How cute mouse, you believe you offended me? And y'all people, I'm one person are you confused?
I believe your the one offended, with your frantic attempt to find a way to insult me. I was trying to pay you a compliment, yet now I see you just want acceptance. It must be hard being shunned by your own, so misunderstood.

Cathouse Mouse

#62 Dec 18, 2012
Sociopath wrote:
<quoted text>
How cute mouse, you believe you offended me? And y'all people, I'm one person are you confused?
I believe your the one offended, with your frantic attempt to find a way to insult me. I was trying to pay you a compliment, yet now I see you just want acceptance. It must be hard being shunned by your own, so misunderstood.
Again, it is not my intent to insult you.
worried

Paragould, AR

#63 Dec 18, 2012
you obviously have absolutely no idea what you are talking about until you get ALL the facts you should just shut your ignorant mouth I was a police officer on a military base almost zero crime rate so therefore it does work GET ALL THE FACTS
nuts wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. Did they bother telling anyone that they'd be considering or endorsing creating a paramilitary force and establishing Martial Law? Sounds to me like we have a bunch of lazy a$$ officers that expect the criminals to come to them, or an idiot Chief that thinks just because you have officers with weapons walking around searching and interrogating everyone, they'll find the criminals. It doesn't work. It hasn't worked for the military, and they can actually break down doors to interrogate people.
I notice the article doesn't say what shifts they're gonna work. I guess the night shift will need night vision goggles and/or surveillance equipment? Of course, criminals don't have cars, so they'll be easy to catch, right (sarcasm)!
There is a much simpler solution. Force them to do the job they already have. Hire more CID, and start searching for and serving warrants on the criminals. Sorry to say, but everyone in town knows the night shift eats for 2 hours at Huddle house. What's the average response time to a call placed on the East side of town, versus one in other areas?
If anything, this is an admission that those in charge are incompetent to do their job as leaders and we need new leadership.
no more

Paragould, AR

#64 Dec 18, 2012
lori wrote:
<quoted text>
I say your wrong! I want my safe lil town back. Since Katrina and all the crap moved here its nothing but hell
Then you give up your rights ill keep mine

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Game,let try it wanna?? 6 min Analog man 14
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 7 min luci 3,693
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 12 min luci 15,894
Change one letter in the word ! (Nov '09) 15 min luci 10,351
One word game (Sep '09) 16 min luci 1,514
Word Game (Aug '08) 17 min luci 9,817
Double---Fun---Word---Game (Mar '11) 18 min luci 7,562
Paragould Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web