martin sprocket and gear...fire...

“Proud Daddy”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

NPT

#61 Jul 17, 2009
Plant5 wrote:
As far as not drawing unemployment...I believe that all of us have filed for UI benefits. Those that haven't are more than likely either salary or perhaps have a large nest egg. I have not been contacted in any form or fashion by anyone there, and neither has anyone else I talked to. I have no clue what they are doing, nor does anyone else. The only thing I have heard is plenty of assumptions, and very little fact. The only thing that is factual is that it caught fire. How or why has yet to be determined.
A contingency plan or a disaster recovery plan does not seem to exist, as they should have contacted all of us by now and let us know something. Surely someone with some factual information that works for Martin has to read through this forum...we would like a little more information.
I have called the Corporate office in Arlington, TX and was told to "sit tight" and someone would contact me...glad I didn't listen to that.
I was told point blank that they haven't made a decision on anything yet, after I called human resources in Arlington. Now, I had to call 5 times in succession before someone would answer; this being after I left three messages for someone to call me back. After ringing their phone so much, they answered and told me they didn't know what to tell me, and it won't help to keep calling, because they haven't made a decision.

Thanks for being on top of shit, Martin.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#62 Jul 17, 2009
My dad works (or worked idk) at martin and my mom works at the unemployment office... she said she has had a lot of people from martin goin and applying for unemployment and my dad is thinkin bout it too....
Plant5

United States

#63 Jul 17, 2009
ambige wrote:
My dad works (or worked idk) at martin and my mom works at the unemployment office... she said she has had a lot of people from martin goin and applying for unemployment and my dad is thinkin bout it too....
I would only offer one suggestion to your father...go file for unemployment. Since Martin is not very informative I would say to do as the other employees have done. There were approximately 50 of us up there when I went Monday afternoon. I heard there was just as many people that filed that morning also.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#64 Jul 17, 2009
i think he is... he works at Lowe's at night too so idk if he would get much... thats why he is still thinkin bout it... thank you for the suggestion though i appreciate it!!!!

“Proud Daddy”

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

NPT

#65 Jul 17, 2009
there's absolutely no reason any person should feel any hesitation on filing for unemployment. Employment Insurance (unemployment) is there in the event you lose work through no fault of your own (i.e. a layoff, or your work burning down). Money has been built up in a personal account for you in case something like this happens. You have to serve a waiting week with unemployment too, which means if you file this week (and didn't file during the power outage due to ice storm) you won't get benefits this week, as you have to serve a 1 week waiting period. It's really important to do this during this week, because you don't have any work through any fault of your own, and if you wait until next week when they tell everyone they are gonna be laid off or terminated or whatever, then you'll have TWO weeks of no paycheck coming in. Go file for unemployment. Don't be stupid.

Paragould, AR

#66 Jul 17, 2009
I know wrote:
I put this in the hand of God and trust in Him to take care of us all, I know that he will take care of His children, please keep us in your prayers as we go through and over come this.
Amen to that. People don't trust God enough.
MkR

United States

#67 Jul 17, 2009
They are going to expand two plants in Texas and not rebuild in Paragould. Get ready to move south if you want to keep working for Martin.
get a life

Marks, MS

#68 Jul 17, 2009
You people have no clue what you're talking about. They have crews getting the factory ready for employess to be at work asap. If you work for Martin then you have recieved a letter explaining how you they will be paying you, not unemployment for the next couple of weeks. Stop talking out of your head.

“If I were Queen of the forest.”

Since: Apr 09

anywhere but here

#69 Jul 17, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that. People don't trust God enough.
A man was driving his car down a road and crossed a bridge. A sudden flood caused the bridge to give way and the man became stranded. A boat drove by and offered to help him. He said, "No, I'm waiting on God. He will save me."... An hour or so later, the man is still struggling and a second boat comes by offering to help. The man replies, "No. I'm waiting on God, he will help me."... several more hours go by and the man is getting weaker, nearly dead, a helicopter flies over and lowers a basket. The man in the copter says, "Get in, we'll pull you up." The man replies... "NO. I'm waiting on God. He will save me." The man dies... He asks God, "why didn't you save me." God replies, "I sent you two boats and a helicopter, why didn't you help yourself?"

File for unemployment and let God handle the company!
employee plant11

Saint Louis, MO

#70 Jul 17, 2009
get a life wrote:
You people have no clue what you're talking about. They have crews getting the factory ready for employess to be at work asap. If you work for Martin then you have recieved a letter explaining how you they will be paying you, not unemployment for the next couple of weeks. Stop talking out of your head.
I work for Martins but I have not recieved anything thing in the mail.
Plant5

United States

#71 Jul 17, 2009
As far as receiving something in the mail...I JUST received a letter from the President of Martin Sprocket & Gear letting us know that we would be paid for the week ending July 17th (for any hours not already scheduled for vacation). The letter also states that we would be paid for weeks ending July 24th and 31st if they "...are not able to provide work...". My question is what about after the week of the 31st? Do they honestly expect operations to resume in less than a month? If they did, that would be a quick cleanup operation and would make me question the structural integrity of the building. Just look at the building and you can see what happens when steel is heated. I do not want anyone getting hurt do to a rush job to get everyone back to work. Just watchin' out for my co-workers.
employee plant11

Saint Louis, MO

#72 Jul 17, 2009
I just checked the mail and i did get a letter. Yea, mine said the same thing.
So i guess we don't do the unemployment thing on the computer Sunday then?
Back to work

Paragould, AR

#73 Jul 17, 2009
They called a few people back yesterday and a few more back today. Some start back on Tuesday. We do not file for unemployment this month, So do not call it in. The letter said that Martin would pay you for the days you would have worked, and you were already paid for your vacation. You are losing no money at this time, be grateful!!! And for those that do not work there and know nothing about what is going on, please stop posting things that are not true!!!!!! Thank you Martin Sprocket and Gear for not packing up and moving to Mexico. Proudly made in the U.S.A.

Jonesboro, AR

#74 Jul 17, 2009
Will they pay for the damage to my personal stuff that got burned?
employee

Saint Louis, MO

#75 Jul 17, 2009
Good question.. I guess we will have to wait and see. I am just glad that we are going to get paid and still have our insurance. That means a lot to me.
wow

Paragould, AR

#76 Jul 17, 2009
You almost had to look for a new job, and your worried about petty things, what did you lose that was so important?

“If I were Queen of the forest.”

Since: Apr 09

anywhere but here

#77 Jul 17, 2009
Back to work wrote:
They called a few people back yesterday and a few more back today. Some start back on Tuesday. We do not file for unemployment this month, So do not call it in. The letter said that Martin would pay you for the days you would have worked, and you were already paid for your vacation. You are losing no money at this time, be grateful!!! And for those that do not work there and know nothing about what is going on, please stop posting things that are not true!!!!!! Thank you Martin Sprocket and Gear for not packing up and moving to Mexico. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
So are you saying that if we don't work there, we have no right what so ever to post a question, comment or concern about a company that manufactures products made in the USA? Are we not to be concerned for mankind, especially those that are without work? Are we to set back and act as if nothing happened to our neighbors who are out of work, then feel remorse when we hear that they may or may not be moving to another country; then feel pitty for those who are permanently out of work because of that?

I'm sorry, but if it involves the city and county that I reside in, it is my business as much as it is yours. After all, aren't we all in this together, living in a city and county that we all cherish? Wanting what is best for everyone?

I stated previously that I hope everyone finds employment quickly, be it with Martin or elsewhere. And my response early with the limrick was to gain peoples attention that sometimes, God helps those who help themselves, not the other way around! Didn't mean to offend anyone and certainly didn't want to step on any christians toes.
back to work

Paragould, AR

#78 Jul 17, 2009
So are you saying that if we don't work there, we have no right what so ever to post a question, comment or concern about a company that manufactures products made in the USA? Are we not to be concerned for mankind, especially those that are without work? Are we to set back and act as if nothing happened to our neighbors who are out of work, then feel remorse when we hear that they may or may not be moving to another country; then feel pitty for those who are permanently out of work because of that?

I'm sorry, but if it involves the city and county that I reside in, it is my business as much as it is yours. After all, aren't we all in this together, living in a city and county that we all cherish? Wanting what is best for everyone?

I stated previously that I hope everyone finds employment quickly, be it with Martin or elsewhere. And my response early with the limrick was to gain peoples attention that sometimes, God helps those who help themselves, not the other way around! Didn't mean to offend anyone and certainly didn't want to step on any christians toes. Dear Broken Society, the post i left earlier, was not aimed at you,us you have every right to know what is about to happen in your community, it was meant for the former employees that think they know everything about the company just because they worked in the office and like to have diarrhea of the mouth. Martin has and always will take care of there people!!!
back to work

Paragould, AR

#79 Jul 17, 2009
broken_society wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated previously that I hope everyone finds employment quickly, be it with Martin or elsewhere. And my response early with the limrick was to gain peoples attention that sometimes, God helps those who help themselves, not the other way around! Didn't mean to offend anyone and certainly didn't want to step on any christians toes.
Dear Broken Society, the post I left earlier, was not aimed at you, you have every right to know what is about to happen in your community, it was meant for the former employees that think they know everything about the company just because they worked in the office and like to have diarrhea of the mouth. Martin has and always will take care of there people!!!
back to work

Paragould, AR

#80 Jul 17, 2009
P.S. I loved the story you posted, I emailed it to all my friends

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belk parking lot early in morning. 2 hr Justsaying 1
Dr Vincent Lee was a good doctor what's going o... 3 hr John 15
Charles Schroeder 4 hr Curious 3
Walmart security 4 hr guy 2
Is Tennco/Monroe going to Mexico!!!! 5 hr Black Zeus 23
LA Nights 6 hr Get down 25
Fine for buying more than one carton of cigaret... (Jul '09) 6 hr val 60

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance