Little Rock, AR

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Mr Danley passed away today
bob

Paragould, AR

#2 Oct 2, 2012
And who is he? Seems like I should know the name.
toast

Paragould, AR

#3 Oct 2, 2012
Guest wrote:
Mr Danley passed away today
Yeah who is he??
issad

Monticello, AR

#4 Oct 2, 2012
Wow how sad He was a good guy.
He was the one that busted my boyfriend and was shocked to see all his guns (five of them - one in the loveseat) were loaded? Duh! Bf always said "Guns not loaded is just a club!"

Little Rock, AR

#5 Oct 2, 2012
He was a state trooper and sheriff for Greene County.was state trooper from 1964 to 84.

Paragould, AR

#6 Oct 2, 2012
I dk if its the one they are mentioning. The name to me seems a sheriff. I think 80's maybe 90's. like I said idk if its the same one.
issad

Monticello, AR

#7 Oct 2, 2012
yes he was sheriff after being state tropper 20 plus years here in the county everybody knew him as a state tropper...like I said before he was a good guy!
omg

Paragould, AR

#8 Oct 2, 2012
are you certain what happened to him was he sick are you sure could not be the same one i am so sorry to hear this very good guy let us no when the services are going to be.

Little Rock, AR

#9 Oct 2, 2012
The obit is on Mitchell Funeral site.he was in hospic care in Jonesboro
omg

Paragould, AR

#10 Oct 3, 2012
i am beyond belief but did read it seen his pic in the obit so so sorry to hear this he was a good guy a real good guy.
Truth

Little Rock, AR

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Growing up in Paragould I got to know Mr Danley both as a trooper and a Sherrif. He always treated me fairly and with respect. I have so many stories about James. I owe him a great deal RIP Sherrif Danley

Euless, TX

#12 Oct 3, 2012
R.I.P. James Danley. He was sheriff when I was a teenager. A very good man, I pray for his family.

Paragould, AR

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Guest wrote:
He was a state trooper and sheriff for Greene County.was state trooper from 1964 to 84.
One of the best and nicest men you would ever meet.
bob

United States

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Okay..... I seem to remember him now.... I worked with Craighead County's Floyd Johnson back in the day, & I seem to recall meeting Mr. Danley a time or two. Yes I recall him being a very nice, sincere man.
Good man

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Oct 3, 2012
James Danley was a good man. He was much more honest Sheriff than that idiot Dam Langston now there. Langston had his men look professional, and they made it fine all those years with cars and not gas guzzling 4 wheel drives they now have. You also saw fewer accidents back then and had less complaints.
Good man

Jonesboro, AR

#16 Oct 3, 2012
Sorry, I meant DANLEY had his men look professional.
guest 013

United States

#17 Oct 3, 2012
Great sheriff, was never cowardly to tackle an issue. Unlike the current staff he worked hard for the county and represented well. Thanks James Rip

Paragould, AR

#18 Oct 4, 2012
A friend of my husband who was a policeman in the 80,s..He was a very nice and professional man..RIP James and so sorry for his family..I think his son Jimmy Danley is also in police work..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cheatin mexican at anchor (Dec '12) 24 min Guest 62
did James on d shift hear of a drug test ? 1 hr Liner 14
Rodney and Allen Cody 1 hr guest 2
Anchor exodus 1 hr Worker 12
Saints & Sinners get raided by cops 1 hr lone rider 166
Hey hog fans 1 hr dude 5
Cliff Crossfield 2 hr Guest 1
Paragould Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Paragould People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?