Posted in the Paragould Forum

j-town wonderer

San Antonio, TX

#1 May 17, 2010
are they hiring....thanks
carguy

Mountain Home, AR

#2 May 17, 2010
prolly, just go to the unemployment office and put your name in for monroe. They shut down the rest of the factories and we're the only one left, lots of overtime and new parts.
lol

Paragould, AR

#3 May 17, 2010
ok dude...pretty safe to say darlings goin strong and stayin busy....ov time evvv weekend
king kong

Paragould, AR

#4 May 17, 2010
yay more minimum wage jobs available! frickin awesome i tell ya
carguy

Mountain Home, AR

#5 May 17, 2010
monroe works overtime every night and weekends, and pay 11.50 starting out, after 6 months you get a $2 raise, another 6, $1, Another 6 $1, and another 6 $1. hard to beat that. And they pay time and a half on saturdays and double time on sundays.

United States

#6 May 17, 2010
carguy wrote:
monroe works overtime every night and weekends, and pay 11.50 starting out, after 6 months you get a $2 raise, another 6,$1, Another 6 $1, and another 6 $1. hard to beat that. And they pay time and a half on saturdays and double time on sundays.
ya i make 40$ an hour on sundays....i usually work 12hrs on that day without them havin to asl lol
Nope

United States

#7 May 18, 2010
There r still quiet a few tenneco companies remaining...not just the one in Paragould....and ur best bet to get on at Monroe is at Elite Staffing...I dont think Monroe hires through the Unemployment Office anymore...but may b wrong. It takes 2 yrs to top out unless u bid and land a select job then u top out as soon as u take the job..
old bar maid

United States

#8 May 18, 2010
i wirked 84 hours last week, 7 days at 12 hours per day. it sux, but the money wasn't to bad. no day off in last 5 weeks.
wondering

Little Rock, AR

#9 May 18, 2010
you must work in the dc my boyfriend has been working nonstop

United States

#10 May 18, 2010
They have also changed their hiring policy. They do a background check and if your a felon they won't hire you. they also do the hair drug test. it all takes over a week to get back. my b/f just got hired there today. he reports for orintation on monday. he is taking a pay cut to work there but in 6 mo he will be back to what he was making plus he can bid off onto another job that makes more.
old bar maid

United States

#11 May 19, 2010
no, i wirk in manufacturing,i make all the shox yur boy friend ships out, cant do it with out me.. i am going to wirk there till im a billionaire,may be longer , i just dont know. hope it duzn't take very long.

Calhan, CO

#12 May 19, 2010
Does Monroe hire though a staffing company or can you walk in and apply? And do you know if they are still hiring?

Thanks

United States

#13 May 19, 2010
Guest wrote:
Does Monroe hire though a staffing company or can you walk in and apply? And do you know if they are still hiring?
Thanks
I believe you apply through them. you can call to confirm that tho. As for if they are still hiring? Yeah but they are hiring the referrals first and since its been so long since they have hired any people I doubt they end up hiring outside of the referral line. Unless the referrals turn out to have a felony or fail their drug test. Looks like they are being picky with the hiring. so who knows. call and ask them is the best way to get the correct info. my b/f goes to work next week and he had a referral in for two years, but he is the first group for orientation.
X- monroe

El Segundo, CA

#14 May 19, 2010
Since school is out they will use employee's kids on the summer program

United States

#15 May 20, 2010
Yeah they usually do but with all the extra orders they are behind on from the other factory closing down they won't use as many students as they usually do because they need production. I've even heard they aren't going to use them at all this year. but that was just a rumor.unless Herald tells me to my face its just a rumor. he did say they were hiring the referrals as quick as they can get back the drug and background test to fill all positions they currently need.
Monroe Wife

Vincennes, IN

#16 Jun 7, 2010
I know my husband moved to Dept. 11 and he had to work til 6 tonight. He was in Dept. 14 and decided to take the opening in Dept.11 . He was working so much we hardly seen each other....
CLC

United States

#17 Jun 8, 2010
I think u have to go through elite staffing. My hubs works in quick struts and they have had alot of temps and they only use one temp service. If you know someone who works there see if they will put in a referral for u because u will get hired on full time alot quicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paragould Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 4 hr Reality Check 38,759
Liberals and Black lives matter 5 hr American Patriot 4
Wal-Mart is now a pet store?!?! 7 hr Boss 34
Free School Supplies 2017 7 hr Guest 16
Scatter Creek Firing Range 7 hr NotGoingToRegister 4
looking for Male boxer to breed with my female (Jan '14) 8 hr Dmt 113
Thoughts on transgender 10 hr Jess_Proud Supporter 206

Paragould Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance